open topic, for anything cycling related.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I have stolen this game from the Bike Forums. Thought it might be a bit of fun here.
The point of the game is to reproduce a similar photo of an object (called a tag) or place that can be found in many different locations around the world. Much like a scavenger hunt, examples include specific street signs, a railway crossing with train, yourself at waterfall.... Get creative.
Rules are easy...
1. Find a SIMILAR tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible) with your bike in the photo. Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
2. Upon posting your new photo, the post is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus. Your new tag should have some link to the tag photo you posted. This way we have a transition from tag to tag.
* Try to place the tags in interesting locations, tags or places that could probably be found in at least the majority of the continent. Please share details of where the photo was taken.
3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
4. File photos are NOT permitted. You have to ride to play this game.
5. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
6. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
7. The bike in the picture must get to the tag location under its own power.
8. You can enter as often as you like, please just let someone else get the tag before you go for it again;
9. Last but not least, should the tag be soo ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel necessary.
Remember, the point of this is not to win the game, or get a better picture than the guy who just to the tag before you, the point is the ride. On that note, if someone tags a post office. Rather than get out and ride a block to my local post office, I might ride an hour or so, out to the historic post office a few towns over.... Make it interesting.
Last edited by Aushiker on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
To get the ball rolling so to speak, here is the first tag:
To claim the tag, you need to post a photo of your bike with a tourist information sign. This photo was taken on the Wool Wagon Pathway in the Gascoyne.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: feral grasshopper