Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

bychosis

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby bychosis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Most recent onilne purchases from oz have been a week or more delivery. Ordered from c r c last Friday, 11am. Package arrived 10:41am Monday, I'd heard c r c had been slow lately, so was very surprised.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

boss

Postby boss » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:49 pm

bychosis wrote:Most recent onilne purchases from oz have been a week or more delivery. Ordered from c r c last Friday, 11am. Package arrived 10:41am Monday, I'd heard c r c had been slow lately, so was very surprised.
When c r c use Royal Mail it's 7-10 working days.

When they use DHL its 3-5 days including weekends.

Sometimes they use one, sometimes they use another. I can't work it out. It's not based on $$$ value as my last two orders were for similar amounts and one was DHL and the other was Royal Mail.

I ordered last Thursday at 5pm and my stuff ain't here yet - via Royal Mail.

Not the end of the world of course but a little frustrating because its a lucky dip. I guess plan for the worst, and if you draw DHL then it's all jelly.

Byke

Postby Byke » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:30 am

I've enjoyed fairly consistently fast orders with Wiggle - faster than c r c or Evans.

I've made two separate orders at Wiggle at midnight on a Thursday which have arrived first thing Monday morning, without paying either the courier fee or the fee to push your order to the front of the queue. Wiggle isn't always that quick, but never terribly slow, and despite what the site says if something isn't in stock then they tend to send the rest straight away anyway.

Typically my Evans and c r c orders have taken a bit longer. However my most recent Evans order included a Lezyne light which was marked out of stock. Rest of the items were bottles and brake pads which I'd added to the order to enjoy the free shipping that the light qualified for. Sure enough my bottles and pads are on their way, even though the light isn't due in stock for a week or two.

orbeas

Postby orbeas » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:37 am

the plastic display bike stands are crap!

Looking for a good bike stand ? heres your answer http://www.this link is broken/Mode ... elID=32890...." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
no picture? its a pro bike display stand $22+ postage... 8)
Orbea Euskaltel:Ultegra,Durace,RS80
Orbea Erandio Hybrid

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:08 am

orbeas wrote:the plastic display bike stands are crap!

Looking for a good bike stand ? heres your answer http://www.this link is broken/Mode ... elID=32890...." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
no picture? its a pro bike display stand $22+ postage... 8)
does it look like Image

if so, 99 bikes have them for $27

boss

Postby boss » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:48 pm

jimboss wrote:
bychosis wrote:Most recent onilne purchases from oz have been a week or more delivery. Ordered from c r c last Friday, 11am. Package arrived 10:41am Monday, I'd heard c r c had been slow lately, so was very surprised.
When c r c use Royal Mail it's 7-10 working days.

When they use DHL its 3-5 days including weekends.

Sometimes they use one, sometimes they use another. I can't work it out. It's not based on $$$ value as my last two orders were for similar amounts and one was DHL and the other was Royal Mail.

I ordered last Thursday at 5pm and my stuff ain't here yet - via Royal Mail.

Not the end of the world of course but a little frustrating because its a lucky dip. I guess plan for the worst, and if you draw DHL then it's all jelly.
Follow up of this, the stuff I ordered at 5pm last Thursday from c r c arrived today.

Plenty happy with a 7 day slash 5 working day turnaround from O/S.

Although I stand by my remarks about c r c making it plainly obvious about when they will use DHL and when they'll use Royal Mail, simply so I know what to expect before pressing the 'place order' button. It would affect my purchasing decisions with c r c in a positive way for sure.

orbeas

Postby orbeas » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:44 pm

pentlandexile wrote:Ordered tyres, saddle, two chains from Chain Reaction on Thursday night Australian time.

Package was at the door when I got home from work today.

Got to be some sort of record.
did you pay for 'faster delivery' ?
chain reaction is usualy nine days to perth with austraila post this end
Orbea Erandio Hybrid

orbeas

Postby orbeas » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:47 pm

jasonc wrote:
orbeas wrote:the plastic display bike stands are crap!

no picture? its a pro bike display stand $22+ 9.50... 8)
does it look like Image

if so, 99 bikes have them for $27
Yes jason thats it, a solid great stand for the road bike and hybrid.
thands for the heads up on the bike shop....
my order had alredy been prosessed at c r c..
Orbea Erandio Hybrid

Semar

Postby Semar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Semar wrote:I'm having the same problem. From Merlin to Oz in 3 days and 9 days later still not here. :x

Make that 10 days.
Finally arrived - 14 days after arriving in Australia. :roll:

Still, thanks to Frugal Rouleur, the best price in the world for a Selle Italia SLR Flow
It’s more like our thoughts are thinking us than we are thinking them.

darkelf921

Postby darkelf921 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:52 pm

I have just purchased a Garmin 500 bundle from Wiggle. It was only $250 incl shipping (sale plus coupon code of 10OFF). I ordered it Thursday and it is here today! I almost fell over when I saw the package.

Not that it really matters but the power charger neglected to include an Australian power point adapter.
My YouTube http://goo.gl/UlJrkN Channel

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:05 am

darkelf921 wrote:I have just purchased a Garmin 500 bundle from Wiggle. It was only $250 incl shipping (sale plus coupon code of 10OFF). I ordered it Thursday and it is here today! I almost fell over when I saw the package.

Not that it really matters but the power charger neglected to include an Australian power point adapter.
I just use the Australian power point adapter from a Blackberry phone charger. It's a universal fit.

boss

Postby boss » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:46 am

darkelf921 wrote:Not that it really matters but the power charger neglected to include an Australian power point adapter.
Did you seriously expect one?

darkelf921

Postby darkelf921 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:55 pm

jimboss wrote:
darkelf921 wrote:Not that it really matters but the power charger neglected to include an Australian power point adapter.
Did you seriously expect one?
This was more of a warning to others when purchasing in case they do not have spare adapters.

I didn't really need it as I've collected many of them (from BlackBerries, etc).
My YouTube http://goo.gl/UlJrkN Channel

2bob32

Postby 2bob32 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Recently purchased a rear DT SWiss shock from 2NDCYCLE, http://www.2ndcycle.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Very happy with the purchase. Part arrived in about 2 days. Very smooth transaction.

nickdos

Postby nickdos » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:58 pm

I just had another really good experience with a local online bike shop: pushys.com.au. Placed an order on Friday after lunch (1:30pm) and goods were delivered today at 1:30pm. That's exactly 1 working day turn around time.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:09 pm

MerlinCycles - SRAM Force Grouppo

Sent via UPS, no extra postage or priority options, just the free shipping.

Ordered and paid - 9/11 (about 6pm)
Arrived - 12/11 (delivered to my wifes work, so CBD at 12pm)

Thats 2 and a half DAYS!

Funnily i ordered some wheels on the same day and they went via TNT. Online tracker shows no updates, wonder if the size means slower postage

dugy

Postby dugy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Last night I placed orders with c r c & Velomine & non-bike shop.
All express post.....will be interesting to see how they arrive.
(Anyone else ever think they should be breathalysed before hitting the order button?)

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:45 am

I ordered frame, fork and headset from Ribble on the 5th, delivered on the 12th.
Only one problem - the Australia Post driver has called so often at our house he is now on first name terms with Gabby!
Andrew

slidetaker

Postby slidetaker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Ordered from c r c last Thursday night, dispatched last Friday afternoon, received today Tuesday afternoon.

standard items via standard free shipping over $99, Metro Melbourne, they used DHL this time.

Very happy customer. Even if they use Royal Mail which takes a few days more, I think I will buy from them more as Wiggle seems to have less products and slightly higher prices at most times.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 pm

dugy wrote:(Anyone else ever think they should be breathalysed before hitting the order button?)
i try not to drink and click....

Buildabridge2

Postby Buildabridge2 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:11 pm

Ordered Verite Team C Ultegra bike from CE on Friday night and arrived built on my doorstep today. Could not complain about that type of service and ally happy with the way it looks. Will definitely use these guys again!

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Order placed just then from Wiggle for some new bars etc for the new bike.
Let's see if it beats my new bike here!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 pm

hmm...

So after my other merlin order arriving after 2 and half days, my initial order of some Fulcrum R1s still shows its at the sorting facility in the UK, essentially no progression since last friday.

I rang TNT and they said the consignment number didnt exist, and they had no international parcels on file thats addressed to me

Sent an email to merlin and they screened dumped what ive been seeing, ie no progress on the tracking details, and told me TNT has been recently slow to australia, so will take about 10 days.

We'll see :|

Reman

Postby Reman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 am

Reman wrote:
Reman wrote:Order from Bike24 for rims and spokes. Arrived yesterday rims are as ordered, unfortunately received 40 spokes of the wrong size instead of the 64 required for 32H rims.

Sent them an email, but still middle of the night in Deutschland, will see how it goes.

;(
Had to call them twice, but they have now sent out the spokes I ordered and another 2 week wait for them to arrive :-/

They said I don't need to return spokes so I'll put them on the market place for cost of postage.
Correct spokes finally arrived yesterday :?

Rex Chan

Postby Rex Chan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:24 pm

I have a very good shipping experience to share: I ordered from Evan's Cycles and c r c on Monday night (12th Nov), and they both arrived by DHL (Express, I think) today at 10AM (Fri 16th Nov). I got tracking very quickly, so I could tell they were going to deliver today. Free shipping on both orders too, so I'm very happy with the rapid shipping. I've ordered once before from c r c, and I don't recall it being so quick last time.