Bike photography

cray-

Re: Bike photography

Postby cray- » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 pm

What a bunch of pomp and ceremony. There are 2 simple rules when doing bicycle cycle photo photography:

Rule 1. Background must be a garage door, cream if possible.
Rule 2. Drive side must be facing the camera.

That's it, job done. :)

morini

Postby morini » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:50 pm

toolonglegs wrote::lol: If I can pull to bits one of these and reassemble it in a day...

Don't think I will have much trouble with a SIMPLEx :P
You've touched one of these? Possibly one of the rarest motorcycles ever made. I'm impressed no end.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 pm

I was a mechanic at Action for a while then moved on to their "big project" . The racing had just finished and they were onto the model they were trying to turn into the production bike.
I got very good at stripping it down to the crank and back again.
It really was an impressive motor, I rode many miles on the motor itself but not the chassis. It went through a couple of morphs into the chopper thingy. The power it put out was beautiful.
But it was doomed from the start.

Lots of steel bikes

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:08 pm

cray- wrote:What a bunch of pomp and ceremony. There are 2 simple rules when doing bicycle cycle photo photography:

Rule 1. Background must be a garage door, cream if possible.
Rule 2. Drive side must be facing the camera.
That's it, job done. :)
Excellent advice Cray. This weekend I'll paint my garage door cream. Was sick of the blue anyway.

morini

Postby morini » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 pm

What a stroke of luck being able to work and ride one. I saw a Hunwick Hallam at the Moto GP about five or six years ago and that's the only one I've seen in the flesh. I seem to recall that they're called something else these days. Turn it onto a cruiser........... that'll work. This is why motorcycles and motorcycling are dying a slow death.

I'm into the bevels so I love your comparison with the HW and pulling apart some Simplex gear. Bicycle technology seems to freak some out.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Yeah it was a cruiser when I finished there in 2001 ( went back to London )... I think it had totally folded up by the end of that year.