Veloviewer and massive signatures

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Veloviewer and massive signatures

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Since the announcement on Sept 18 I have personally edited and updated the massive veloviewer signatures into the compact version.
This takes time and I will no longer be doing this.
Signatures that are beyond reasonable will simply be deleted.

It is NOT necessary to share in your signature (which is displayed in every single post):
- each bicycle you have ever owned plus
- bicycle statistics from three different services plus
- your favourite cycling quote plus
- a link to your blog or favourite websites
This amount of info distracting in a forum thread. That said, a little flexibility is granted to really share what is most important to you.
I highly recommend if you wish to share further stats and info, create a Member Profile and link to it.

If your signature disappears - please don't replace it with the same content, rather take this as an indication that it was beyond reasonable and slim it down. If in doubt ask - easiest is to start a thread in the forum feedback section and we can make some example of what is ok and what is too much..
Cycling is in my BNA

Nobody

Re: Veloviewer and massive signatures

Postby Nobody » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Yeah, you egomaniacs! :P

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:47 pm

:evil: shutup Fred :)
Dogs are the best people :wink:

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 pm

New info direct from veloviewer on signature options.
Veloviewer wrote:Hi all,
Just found this thread and wanted to say that you have the option to remove the graph completely from the image if you want by selecting "No graph" for the "Graph values" option on your signature image editing page. This gives you room for 2 more data values. e.g.:
I wrote a blog post a while back showing what was now possible a month ago: http://veloviewer is broken/blog/your-new-per ... ure-image/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Worth creating yourselves a new url from your Signature Image page if you haven't already done so as there were a number of other improvements like shortening the url and masking your Strava ID.
Hopefully you can all find a suitable configuration that shows the field you want to. This forum has the highest usage of the signature image (21% of all image downloads) so I'll always be willing to listen to other requests from any of you.
Cycling is in my BNA

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am

So I just updated my veloviewer and it was telling me my "Your signature contains 149 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 124." for example. And that was from a example from this
Image It was taking the image code characters as well for allowed characters. Lucky I know about google shortening for URL's.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Well done, your signature is fine.
I reduce the character limits on a suggestion as some signatures were more colourful that circus tents.
Cycling is in my BNA

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:45 am

Ok a suggestion
I just checked on some random signature previews
Character in url= /url is not counted, but character inside [img ] [ /img] is counted
This was the data in my img http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=21 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I then shortened to http://goo.gl/XJtVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so it would be under the counted
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:19 pm

I won't share this info around for fear of it becoming a work around and everything is the same as before. That said, for members who would benefit from this option to have a 'fair' signature - I will make this suggestion.
Cycling is in my BNA