Multiple Infections

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
User avatar
matagi
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:52 am
Location: In a parallel universe

Re: Multiple Infections

Postby matagi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:47 pm

greyhoundtom wrote:[

The protein in both eggs and milk contain essential amino acids not found in meat protein. The amino acids found in egg protein in particular, are essential to a healthy immune system.

Do you have a source for this?

As far as I am aware, eggs, milk and meat are considered complete proteins, that is they each contain all the essential amino acids and do not need to be combined with any other protein.

Plant sources, tend to contain incomplete proteins which is why vegetarians, particularly vegans, need to be conscious of how they combine their proteins.

ball bearing
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: Watching the ships on the Southern Ocean

Re: Multiple Infections

Postby ball bearing » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:02 pm

matagi wrote:Plant sources, tend to contain incomplete proteins which is why vegetarians, particularly vegans, need to be conscious of how they combine their proteins.

This was the theory for some time - it has been disproved...

"... vegetarians and vegans don't need to worry about complete and incomplete protein. It is NOT NECESSARY for vegetarians and vegans to combine specific protein foods at one sitting to make complete protein.
Complementary Protein Theory Debunked:..."

http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/articles ... g-diet.php

I highly recommend watching this:

http://www.movie2k.to/movie-950706-Fork ... nives.html

User avatar
twizzle
Posts: 6386
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:45 am
Location: Taking a break.

Re: Multiple Infections

Postby twizzle » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:44 am

ball bearing wrote:
matagi wrote:Plant sources, tend to contain incomplete proteins which is why vegetarians, particularly vegans, need to be conscious of how they combine their proteins.

This was the theory for some time - it has been disproved...


Ummm.... his statement is correct. The only thing those links say is that you don't have to have you amino sources in one meal, but you still need to eat from specific combinations of foods to get the complete set of amino acids.


Sent from my iThingy...
I ride, therefore I am.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

ball bearing
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: Watching the ships on the Southern Ocean

Re: Multiple Infections

Postby ball bearing » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:28 am

twizzle wrote:
ball bearing wrote:
matagi wrote:Plant sources, tend to contain incomplete proteins which is why vegetarians, particularly vegans, need to be conscious of how they combine their proteins.

This was the theory for some time - it has been disproved...


Ummm.... his statement is correct. The only thing those links say is that you don't have to have you amino sources in one meal, but you still need to eat from specific combinations of foods to get the complete set of amino acids.


Sent from my iThingy...

Ok. I assumed that the implication was that you needed to eat proper combinations of foods at the same time to ensure proper protein consumption. This is untrue.

This thread is about infections. I pass on the above information because my experience of many years has resulted in me never suffering from such infections. I believe that the medication cure is not a cure, it is symptom suppression.

Watch the video to see the latest diet related disease prevention and reversal. The doctors in the movie are very prominent and they both have many years of experience at the top of their professions.

User avatar
KillerHeadWind
Posts: 864
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: Penrith

Re: Multiple Infections

Postby KillerHeadWind » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:17 pm

Thanks guys for all the responses and after a review of my diet, one of the main reasons could be protein deficiency.
I have plenty of fruits and vegies but I was lucky to have about 0.7-0.9g of protein per kilo of body weight.
So now I've added more sources, both animal and powder sources, a nice little casein protein shake before bed.

Hopefully the immune system responds positively, so far so good *touch wood* :D
Keep climbing until the air is too thin

2006 Gitane Mach 2400, 2007 Giant OCR3 (RIP), 2009 Custom built Stealth, 2010 Pedal Force SRAM Red Rocket

RIP Dad
10:10pm 02/02/2011

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: looseleftie