Jockey wheels

Lots of steel bikes

Jockey wheels

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:50 pm

I need a jockey wheel for an shimano arabesque derailleur. Do I just buy a modern generic jockey wheel? Anything to watch out for? Thanks all.

Velo13

Re: Jockey wheels

Postby Velo13 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:36 pm

As long as it is designed for Shimano, 8 speed (only because it's a close as you'll get to 6 speed) and has the same number of teeth, you should be just fine.

Or let me know how many teeth it has and I'll see what I have.

Lots of steel bikes

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Velo13 wrote:As long as it is designed for Shimano, 8 speed (only because it's a close as you'll get to 6 speed) and has the same number of teeth, you should be just fine.

Thanks for the reply Velo13. It has 10 teeth.

drubie

Postby drubie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Lots of steel bikes wrote:
Velo13 wrote:As long as it is designed for Shimano, 8 speed (only because it's a close as you'll get to 6 speed) and has the same number of teeth, you should be just fine.

Thanks for the reply Velo13. It has 10 teeth.
BBB Rollerboys - they come with a big plastic flat thing with all sorts of axle adapters on it - it's like an old Airfix kit only there's no glue involved. Pick the jockeys with the right number of teeth, then snap off the axle adapters you need and you're done. They work with everything ever made that was indexed as far as I can tell. It's even clever enough to include axle adapters with enough wobble/play for the top pulley.
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.

Velo13

Postby Velo13 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:10 am

Nice one Drubie.

Lots of steel bikes

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks Drubie. I've seen the BBB range of parts in bike shops but never jockey wheels.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:23 am

drubie wrote:BBB Rollerboys - they come with a big plastic flat thing with all sorts of axle adapters on it - it's like an old Airfix kit only there's no glue involved. Pick the jockeys with the right number of teeth, then snap off the axle adapters you need and you're done. They work with everything ever made that was indexed as far as I can tell. It's even clever enough to include axle adapters with enough wobble/play for the top pulley.
Yeah I've got these too. Work well, last a long time.