WTB SRAM/Shimano road parts

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTB SRAM/Shimano road parts

Postby Dow Jones Index » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm in the process of replacing my 6400 group with something a little more modern. So I'm after either a complete SRAM group (Force or Rival), or any of the following items.

SRAM Force shifters 10 sp, will also consider Rival.

SRAM Force non compact crankset and bb. Needs to be compatible with a 68mm English threaded bb shell (GXP? I'm a bit naive on this stuff).
I already have a BB30 crankset, but I'm under the impression it will be impossible to fit. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Derailleurs - SRAM Force/Rival 10sp RD, Shimano Ultegra/Dura Ace FD braze on - unless someone can convince me a SRAM FD would be better, but again I'm under the impression Shimano wins.

SRAM or Shimano brakes, as long as they have good stopping power.

I haven't thought about wheels/cassette yet (I'll probably buy new), but I'll consider offers if anyone has anything.

Located in Melbourne and happy to pay postage.

Cheers,
Jim
Dow Jones Index

by BNA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 pm

BNA

Re: WTB SRAM/Shimano road parts

Postby GreyhoundCycle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Got a Sram Rival RD in good condition, never crashed. Black in color.

AUD$35. I am in Melbourne, can arrange pick up / delievery if you are close. Else postage is around $5.

Let me know if you are interested. :D
GreyhoundCycle

Postby jazgtir » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:57 pm

GreyhoundCycle wrote:Got a Sram Rival RD in good condition, never crashed. Black in color.

AUD$35. I am in Melbourne, can arrange pick up / delievery if you are close. Else postage is around $5.

Let me know if you are interested. :D

Is this still for sale, if so which size is it.
jazgtir

Postby lloyd83 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:12 am

may I ask why you want to move on from the 6400 group? Want to go to 10 speeds? The 6400 RD has enough lateral movement for a 9 speed setup, possibly 10 speed if I stand corrected. Save the money more towards to the wheelset or is that not an option?

Does that mean that you would have a pair of 6400 series cranks up for sale and possibly matching STIs?
1972 LeJeune World Champion - Nuovo Record
1980's Hendry custom built - Tricolour 600
1995 Serotta Legend Ti - SRAM Red
lloyd83

Postby CXCommuter » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:29 am

Have a look at Merlin Bikes online store- they did have force group sets for ~$800 shipped and Rival groupsets for $600-650. Cannot beat this and it will be all brand new. Would have bought the force group set but they were temporarily out of stock, ended up getting from various locations a mostly red groupset (2011 and 2012) together for under $1,200 all brand new. Nothing beats brand new. Also look at the Braccianos from Prolite as a replacement wheelset- comes in silver also for a bit of a retro look.
CXCommuter

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales