2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Beating the system - the cycling commuting section

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby TailWind » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 am

gretaboy wrote:first commute since Oct 3....and still got pain from/in my left buttock from the accident

life has conspired against me, plus the fact that my work has the flexibility to work from home....

Jasonc...allowed you to see the bunny...but now the bunny is going to hop over the ridgeline out of sight hahaha


Good to see you back! Tried my best to handicap myself in terms of the challenge (well, not me - a moron motorist), but I'm still riding, albeit a bit slower and along less adventurous routes :)
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike
User avatar
TailWind
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:02 pm
Location: Mill Park, Melbourne

by BNA » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 pm

BNA
 

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 pm

damn it. that is all. welcome back gretaboy
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Kenzo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:31 pm

lol...

welcome back gretaboy...
User avatar
Kenzo
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:13 am
Location: Daisy Hill / Brisbane, Southside FTW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby westab » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Welcome back gretaboy - glad you are on the mend and riding again.

Hope that is the last incident you ever have.

Hope we all have this - take care out there as there seem lots of fruit loops about at the moment.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.
westab
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Welcome back Gretaboy. I was back riding Thursday after a couple of weeks off with a dodgy chest. I have slipped to 9th now.
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2390
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby gretaboy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 am

Looks like Jasonc making some big plays, coming home hard near the end of the year...big 85 k's for the day yesterday

am going to have to make sure I keep riding to stay second
Image
gretaboy
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am
Location: Hunter Valley

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:26 am

gretaboy wrote:Looks like Jasonc making some big plays, coming home hard near the end of the year...big 85 k's for the day yesterday

am going to have to make sure I keep riding to stay second


wonder what I did this morning :mrgreen:
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:50 pm

I only have about 16 more days in which I can commute before the end of the year. A top 10 place is starting to look shakey.
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2390
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby westab » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:08 am

Mugglechops wrote:I only have about 16 more days in which I can commute before the end of the year. A top 10 place is starting to look shakey.


100km x 16 days = 1600kms - now I am worried - or am I just putting ideas in your head :mrgreen:

Looking to add a few extra kms tonight on the way home - hope the weather holds out. Riding this time of the year is very nice but my mate at work's wife just had a a kid so I am on my own riding after work so it is not at much fun as normal.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.
westab
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby simonn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 am

Noticed that "Include in statistics" was not checked on about a months worth of commutes. Have corrected. There are no changes on the leaderboard, but I am < 200km off jasonc's tail now.
Image
User avatar
simonn
 
Posts: 3659
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:17 am

simonn wrote:Noticed that "Include in statistics" was not checked on about a months worth of commutes. Have corrected. There are no changes on the leaderboard, but I am < 200km off jasonc's tail now.


no fair. have been injured. hoping to be back commuting next week
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby gretaboy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:23 am

jasonc wrote:
simonn wrote:Noticed that "Include in statistics" was not checked on about a months worth of commutes. Have corrected. There are no changes on the leaderboard, but I am < 200km off jasonc's tail now.


no fair. have been injured. hoping to be back commuting next week


not fair lol...I was less than a thousand k's off Tailwinds rear wheel just before I had my accident and slowly whittling it down...now out to just under 2000 k's

I was also in 13th place or such on BikeJournal and dropped back to 22nd...went past you today on that Jason and will hopefully increase that lead next week. If I have a good to very good week next week I should get close to Simon, unless he pulls out a 100-200 k ride over the weekend...am hoping he doesnt lol
Image
gretaboy
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am
Location: Hunter Valley

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:42 am

gretaboy wrote:
jasonc wrote:
simonn wrote:Noticed that "Include in statistics" was not checked on about a months worth of commutes. Have corrected. There are no changes on the leaderboard, but I am < 200km off jasonc's tail now.


no fair. have been injured. hoping to be back commuting next week


not fair lol...I was less than a thousand k's off Tailwinds rear wheel just before I had my accident and slowly whittling it down...now out to just under 2000 k's

I was also in 13th place or such on BikeJournal and dropped back to 22nd...went past you today on that Jason and will hopefully increase that lead next week. If I have a good to very good week next week I should get close to Simon, unless he pulls out a 100-200 k ride over the weekend...am hoping he doesnt lol


I will probably just wave goodbye to P3
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby gretaboy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:44 am

jasonc wrote:
I will probably just wave goodbye to P3


how is it going...what is the prognosis?
Image
gretaboy
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am
Location: Hunter Valley

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:55 am

gretaboy wrote:
jasonc wrote:
I will probably just wave goodbye to P3


how is it going...what is the prognosis?


did a short ride this morning. left leg feels good. right leg isn't as good (my left leg was the bad one). will try a longer ride maybe sunday arvo and if that feels ok might commute a couple of days next week. if that feels good and the physio is happy will go back 5 days the week after, with any luck.
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 pm

westab wrote:
Mugglechops wrote:I only have about 16 more days in which I can commute before the end of the year. A top 10 place is starting to look shakey.


100km x 16 days = 1600kms - now I am worried - or am I just putting ideas in your head :mrgreen:


I would love too, but my wife would not be impressed :D
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2390
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby simonn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:14 pm

jasonc wrote:
simonn wrote:Noticed that "Include in statistics" was not checked on about a months worth of commutes. Have corrected. There are no changes on the leaderboard, but I am < 200km off jasonc's tail now.


no fair. have been injured. hoping to be back commuting next week


You'd never have been ahead of me if I hadn't had the cold/flu-of-near-death last month, so consider it a bonus that you were at all :P
Image
User avatar
simonn
 
Posts: 3659
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby simonn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:16 pm

gretaboy wrote:I should get close to Simon, unless he pulls out a 100-200 k ride over the weekend...am hoping he doesnt lol


I'm not. However, I will be doing at least 2 probably 3 200kms before xmas. If you get too close, I might make one of them a 300 or 400 he he
Image
User avatar
simonn
 
Posts: 3659
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

simonn wrote:You'd never have been ahead of me if I hadn't had the cold/flu-of-near-death last month, so consider it a bonus that you were at all :P


just have to start bigger next year - 12 x 1k+ months
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby gretaboy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 am

simonn wrote:
gretaboy wrote:I should get close to Simon, unless he pulls out a 100-200 k ride over the weekend...am hoping he doesnt lol


I'm not. However, I will be doing at least 2 probably 3 200kms before xmas. If you get too close, I might make one of them a 300 or 400 he he


I will work a little harder then to force that pain onto you hahaha
Image
gretaboy
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am
Location: Hunter Valley

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:08 pm

westab wrote:
Mugglechops wrote:I only have about 16 more days in which I can commute before the end of the year. A top 10 place is starting to look shakey.


100km x 16 days = 1600kms - now I am worried - or am I just putting ideas in your head :mrgreen:

Looking to add a few extra kms tonight on the way home - hope the weather holds out. Riding this time of the year is very nice but my mate at work's wife just had a a kid so I am on my own riding after work so it is not at much fun as normal.


I took your advice today. 102km commute into work :D
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2390
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby TailWind » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:52 am

gretaboy wrote:I have the ability to add another 40 k to my ride on the way home, but whether I have the drive/determination to do this and whether my body allows me to do it as well will be the telling factor
if I can factor in a few 5 day commute weeks I may just have a chance...


Thought I'd change the thread to this section...

~130km, 5 days/week? :shock: Those are big numbers - for me anyway. Respect if you attempt it ...
I'll have to keep a beady eye on your stats :wink:

That would give you an advantage of ~350km/week over me, with almost 5 weeks remaining...and if I don't work the last week of Dec, it's going to be very, very close
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike
User avatar
TailWind
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:02 pm
Location: Mill Park, Melbourne

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby gretaboy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:11 am

TailWind wrote:
gretaboy wrote:I have the ability to add another 40 k to my ride on the way home, but whether I have the drive/determination to do this and whether my body allows me to do it as well will be the telling factor
if I can factor in a few 5 day commute weeks I may just have a chance...


Thought I'd change the thread to this section...

~130km, 5 days/week? :shock: Those are big numbers - for me anyway. Respect if you attempt it ...
I'll have to keep a beady eye on your stats :wink:

That would give you an advantage of ~350km/week over me, with almost 5 weeks remaining...and if I don't work the last week of Dec, it's going to be very, very close



couldnt do those sort of numbers everyday...I feel shattered as it is now with what I do, but could maybe do 2-3 days a week. My partner will think I am crazy and an idiot...and so will I...all pie in the sky tho unless I actually do it

if I can get close, 500k or so close I will be happy....too many weeks off during the year...and not commuting on a friday/monday every second week has hurt me
Image
gretaboy
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am
Location: Hunter Valley

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby TailWind » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:31 am

gretaboy wrote:
couldnt do those sort of numbers everyday...I feel shattered as it is now with what I do, but could maybe do 2-3 days a week. My partner will think I am crazy and an idiot...and so will I...all pie in the sky tho unless I actually do it

if I can get close, 500k or so close I will be happy....too many weeks off during the year...and not commuting on a friday/monday every second week has hurt me


A noble goal anyway.
It's been a long year and I've been lucky to remain consistent enough to accumulate the mileage....
Not sure if I would have enough left in the tank for a fight to the finish, feel a bit weary and in a commute rut myself, even with the comparatively short distance I do on a daily basis.
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike
User avatar
TailWind
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:02 pm
Location: Mill Park, Melbourne

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:35 pm

5th is looking good for this challenge, actually I can't believe I've managed 5th. I think Simonn is the person ahead of me and he has done more KMs than I'll end up with at the end of the year.

DS
Image

Riding: Cannondale Quick Speed 2
User avatar
DavidS
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

PreviousNext

Return to Commuting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers