Where to buy Velocity deep V

neild

Where to buy Velocity deep V

Postby neild » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm looking to buy 2 Velocity Deep V rims, 32 hole preferably non-machined sidewall and definitely black. I've seen them on Wheelbuilder.com but the postage is expensive and turns it into about $250 for the pair. For that price I'm sure I could go to the LBS and get them cheaper or at least the same price.

Does anyone know of somewhere else online to get Deep V's before I go looking at LBS's? I know there's plenty of rims out there but I'm pretty set on the Deep V's.

Thanks.
Norco VFR1 Disc, Merida 903, Mofo Single Speed, Giant MTB, soon to be vintage Gazelle fixie

jaseyjase

Re: Where to buy Velocity deep V

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 pm

how about a wheelset for $220 delivered to your door? pending colour and spoke pattern

http://www.velomine.com/index.php?main_ ... 6phpsdok94

rtnicho

Postby rtnicho » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:22 am

+1 for Velomine. Haven't used their Deep Vs, but I've got a couple of other sets of their wheels e.g. Mavic Open pros laced to Origin 8 hubs with DT spokes. Couldn't he happier. Can't figure how they do it for the price.
Roger

Reman

Postby Reman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:11 am

The DT Swiss 585 rims are essentially identical to the Velocity Deep Vs, you can pick them up from c r c for under $70 each with free delivery.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:32 pm

About the only thing I order through LBS's is Velocity rims, you may be surprised at the price they can get them and pretty quick smart too.
I have one Black Deep-V non machined, that is used but great condition to sell. I also have 2 others that I'll need to offload but they'll be a few months off.

neild

Postby neild » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi Crawf,

how many holes are the ones your selling / planning on selling and what sort of $$ are you chasing? Are they all black non-machined? I'm in no rush as this is for a project that is probably a few months off anyway and will come together pretty slowly.

I'm going to be building one to an Alfine-11 hub and I'm just waiting for the Di2 version to be released before I make a decision, and that won't be until next year I think.
Norco VFR1 Disc, Merida 903, Mofo Single Speed, Giant MTB, soon to be vintage Gazelle fixie

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 pm

neild wrote:Hi Crawf,
I'm going to be building one to an Alfine-11 hub and I'm just waiting for the Di2 version to be released before I make a decision, and that won't be until next year I think.
I know they arnt the rims you prefer nor the Di2 version but......

WHEELS

Item: Alfine 11 Rear hub SG-S700/Alfine Dynamo Front hub DHS-500? laced to Rigida Taurus 700c/29" rims
Item Condition: New, never used
Price: $700
Reason for selling: Dream bike project abandoned
Extra Info: Black hubs, black rims, black spokes, silver nipples

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... ne#p850674" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not mine - I spotted them in the forums marketplace.

Already built :)
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

neild

Postby neild » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi rifraf,

Thanks for the heads up. I had seen those but I've already built up a dynamo front earlier in the year. The whole build is a few months away, still deciding on parts so in no rush.

Cheers

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:28 pm

neild wrote:Hi rifraf,

Thanks for the heads up. I had seen those but I've already built up a dynamo front earlier in the year. The whole build is a few months away, still deciding on parts so in no rush.

Cheers
Hi Neild
No worries, you've checked ebay and ticked the worldwide box? :idea:
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:23 am

neild wrote:Hi Crawf,

how many holes are the ones your selling / planning on selling and what sort of $$ are you chasing? Are they all black non-machined? I'm in no rush as this is for a project that is probably a few months off anyway and will come together pretty slowly.

Hi Neil, all (x3) 32h black non machined. Shoot me a PM.