A lap of Oz - WR attempt

CancerCycling

A lap of Oz - WR attempt

Postby CancerCycling » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi all,

Just found this board a couple of days ago - been reading with big pleasure, some really good posts can be found here :).

I'm a ultra-junkie, and I like to make big challenge for my self. In the last couple of years, i've been biking around Europe (3.000km in 21 days) and cross USA (5.500km in 25 days). I've always dreamt of taking the tour around Australia, so now it is time - but not only am I aiming for completing the ride around - i'd like to push it to the limits by trying to break Dave Ally's world record from 2011, which is 37 days and 20 hours for the complete 14.251km trip.

During this project i'm raising money and awareness for the Danish Cancer Society and hoping to bring 'home' 50.000$ to the fight against cancer.

I'm taking off 15th of July 2013, going out of Brisbane and heading north and anticlockwise around.

Why am I posting this?
I'm looking to get all the advice, on literally anything(!), i can get. Weather, roads, laws/rules, how to get in touch with media, sponsors ect. Anything would be appreciated :)!

Looking forward to get all your advice.

Kasper
CancerCycling (AT) Facebook (press the info tab for english version)
CancerCycling webpage - working on English version atm!