Training plan apps?

moosterbounce

Training plan apps?

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:49 pm

This is for all the ifans out there...

I am looking for an app that i can use to plug in my training goals and actuals for each day. Most apps/websites allow you to plug in your actuals, but not to build a training plan over time.

I ride (outside and on the trainer), run (treadmill mainly but some outside), paddle, and will be throwing in swimming when it warms up, so I need some flexibility.

I have a garmin and an iPad and iPhone (and MacOS and win7 pcs) but was ideally hoping for an i-app.

Would appreciate any ideas.

Le Velo

Re: Training plan apps?

Postby Le Velo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Training peaks?
You can upload you training schedule and actual data when completed

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 pm

I think this contraption is designed for a multisporter like you Moo ... http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 70#p881470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Although it isn't an app obviously.

manlyman

Postby manlyman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Strava for sure. It has segments and your friends will keep you motivated. I find it especially good on my hill repeat days as it assists in motivated to become King of the Mountain (KOM). I also have Myfitness Pal to keep tally of my calories to loose a few kilos to increase my power to weight ratio. I think too many amateur hour (such as myself) unnecessarily carb load. Otherwise get a training program off the internet. Let me know if you find anything else...

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks for the ideas folks. Unfortunately most are for recording actuals, not goals. Training peaks gives you a plan upload, but their iPhone app is wanting.

I'll have to stick to the garmin stuff I suppose until some enterprising young propeller head writes something just for me :P

oldmatebarry

Postby oldmatebarry » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 pm

i think you might have to pay someone for that one MB

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:32 am

Our online training plans deliver training details readable using an iphone or Android App (or of course via any web browser). We can set up filters to do things like show the next seven days (or all dates) and you just tap on that day in the list and the details all slide into view showing the info for that day's training, e.g. duration, ride type, intensity levels, any intervals or special efforts, ride notes/instructions.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:47 am

This looks cool Alex, but it isn't just riding or even triathlon training. I paddle too and depending on the water levels and time of year, paddling can take priority (leading up to Avon Descent time or other races).

Maybe I'm just unique :P

poohkies

Postby poohkies » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Sportstracker is also a great app,

it's on i0s and Andriod and u can talk with all your mates through it also!

I use strava and Sportstracker!

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm

moosterbounce wrote:This looks cool Alex, but it isn't just riding or even triathlon training. I paddle too and depending on the water levels and time of year, paddling can take priority (leading up to Avon Descent time or other races).

Maybe I'm just unique :P
Well the technology isn't confined to cycling application, that's just how we have adapted it and use it. The content we create in our own systems and upload.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:03 pm

All I'd like to do is be able to describe a ride, and the perceived intensity, hr zone etc. I don't want any GPS functionality. Any ideas out there?