Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

User avatar
RobertFrith
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 pm
Location: Perth
Contact:

Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby RobertFrith » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm

6 pm news tonight if you're interested. As a black spot app user I was contacted by the Greens for an interview. Tried to fob it of onto Aushiker or rolandp but failed.
Image

User avatar
Aushiker
Posts: 21722
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA
Contact:

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby Aushiker » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 pm

RobertFrith wrote:6 pm news tonight if you're interested. As a black spot app user I was contacted by the Greens for an interview. Tried to fob it of onto Aushiker or rolandp but failed.


Did you get interviewed?

Does anyone have a link to the news story by any chance?

Some comment on the Bicycle Transport Alliance website as well.

Andrew
Andrew
~ Aushiker.com

User avatar
RobertFrith
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 pm
Location: Perth
Contact:

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby RobertFrith » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Got interviewed by 7. Interview aired, I'm still working so I didn't see it. Probably just as well
Image

User avatar
Aushiker
Posts: 21722
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA
Contact:

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby Aushiker » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:05 pm

RobertFrith wrote:Got interviewed by 7. Interview aired, I'm still working so I didn't see it. Probably just as well


Great stuff Rob. Good to hear other voices. Hopefully it will be online by tomorrow.

Andrew
Andrew
~ Aushiker.com

User avatar
CycleSnail
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Bassendean, WA
Contact:

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby CycleSnail » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 am

RobertFrith wrote:Got interviewed by 7. Interview aired, I'm still working so I didn't see it. Probably just as well



you did well, Rob.

Note when it comes to download the plan, there is a 6MB and a 23MB version - both are available via the BTA website
Support high quality cycling advocacy!

User avatar
CycleSnail
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Bassendean, WA
Contact:

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby CycleSnail » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:26 am

... and in the West Australian
Support high quality cycling advocacy!

Marty Moose
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:00 pm
Location: W.A

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby Marty Moose » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:26 am

Good idea but the greens are still right down the bottom of my ballot paper ;)

MM

User avatar
RobertFrith
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 pm
Location: Perth
Contact:

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby RobertFrith » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Marty Moose wrote:Good idea but the greens are still right down the bottom of my ballot paper

Funny, they're at the top of mine.

I like to maximise the use of our wonderful preferential voting system, which lets us get closer to the ideal of democracy than first past the post systems which have a greater potential to disenfranchise large slabs of voting public.

I need to reserve bottom place for Family First and Christian Democrats :twisted:
Image

User avatar
CycleSnail
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Bassendean, WA
Contact:

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby CycleSnail » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:04 pm

RobertFrith wrote:
Marty Moose wrote:Good idea but the greens are still right down the bottom of my ballot paper

Funny, they're at the top of mine.

I like to maximise the use of our wonderful preferential voting system, which lets us get closer to the ideal of democracy than first past the post systems which have a greater potential to disenfranchise large slabs of voting public.

I need to reserve bottom place for Family First and Christian Democrats :twisted:


over the next four months the Bicycle Transport Alliance will try to establish and compare what the parties and candidates offer to the 22% of West Australians who rode a bicycle last week - and if you spend time on a bicycle to go to work, school, shops or train stations you might want to consider who will make your ride safest....
Support high quality cycling advocacy!

User avatar
RobertFrith
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 pm
Location: Perth
Contact:

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby RobertFrith » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 pm

CycleSnail wrote:over the next four months the Bicycle Transport Alliance will try to establish and compare what the parties and candidates offer to the 22% of West Australians who rode a bicycle last week

Brilliant initiative
Image

wellington_street
Posts: 1694
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby wellington_street » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Link to the hi-res plan is broken, CycleSnail.

Are there any route plans etc or just motherhood statements?

User avatar
CycleSnail
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Bassendean, WA
Contact:

Re: Ch 7 story on Greens policy announcement

Postby CycleSnail » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:20 pm

wellington_street wrote:Link to the hi-res plan is broken, CycleSnail.

Are there any route plans etc or just motherhood statements?


I have been led to believe that they are fixing some typos. We uploaded a low resolution version on to our webpage, and that is still available (including all the errors ....)
Support high quality cycling advocacy!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users