Bike for Sale...............

Joseph Wiesner

Bike for Sale...............

Postby Joseph Wiesner » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum, could you please advise if advertising a used bike for private sale is allowed in this part of the forum.......
Thanks for your time.......Joe........

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:51 pm

Ahh Joe. Advertising. Now, imagine you were sitting in your sitting room, and a good mate rang to ask you if you wanted to buy his old bike, how would you feel? Probably alright, after all, he is a mate. You've spent hours talking to him about bikes and birds and other stuff. But, if a total stranger rang up, you'd think ...

hmmm?

Look, if you want to sell a bike, we don't have a 'For Sale' section and maybe, one day we will. If a regular member of the forum were to offer something for sale, well, we'd know he's a mate and it wouldn't be a problem. However, if a total stranger dropped in for the sole purpose of flogging something ... well, how would you feel? Hmm?

Go on, tell us about your bike. But if we find you've got some sort of commercial interest, expect us moderatory type characters to be quick with the delete button. If, on the other hand, you're a genuine private seller, AND you're interested in being part of the wee community we have here, well, you'd probably find that the old reprobates of the forum would actually help you sell it.

Mate, this is a community. The normal rules that apply at a back yard barbie apply here. So, rather than just treat us as another chance of advertising your bike, join the mob ... and advertise your bike while you're at it. You never know, you might have just the grid that someone like me is looking for.

Richard

Joseph Wiesner

Postby Joseph Wiesner » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:04 am

Hi Europa, thanks for your reply, I've actually been a member for a week or so now, I've been studying the different comments from the more experienced sounding guys, from all the comments that I've read I finally decided on Mongoose Randonneur (Basic Model), I can assure you I am only a private seller............

europa

Postby europa » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:11 am

That's alright mate, we're only interested in weeding out the sharks and I know only too well that sometimes, it's hard to tell them from the normal fish.

So, what do you have to sell and what are you planning to replace it with?

Richard
seriously, we love spending other people's money :twisted:

Joseph Wiesner

Postby Joseph Wiesner » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:25 am

Hi out there to fellow pedlers, I live in the Arncliffe area of Sydney near Mascot Airport, in the last couple of weeks I've decided to change the style of riding that I want to do, having had an MTB for about 3 years I am transferring my attention to a touring type bike (a Mongoose Randonneur) and therefore I have available a 27 speed MTB with Aluminium frame, Deore gearing, a cycle computer with a cadence mode included, front and rear mud guards, a gel seat, a gel seat cover, adjustable stem, cow horn type bar ends, bike stand mounted near the rear wheel, 2 bottle cages, rear view mirror, pedals with clips and straps, front and rear reflectors, road slicks, 2 new spare tubes, 2 heavy duty plastic covered security chains with padlocks, I am 5' 9" tall, I have photos of the bike I can send to any one interested, the price has now been lowered again to $525 as you can imagine I'm rather anxious to sell the MTB as I can't buy my "MONGOOSE RANDONNEUR" until then..........
To access photos and technical specs. of this machine please log on to the
www.bicyclewa.com Forum, under General / Buy, Sell or Swap, you will find it under ......"Pedlin' Rooster"......

.................. Cheers and Thanks alot.........Joe.........
Last edited by Joseph Wiesner on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.

europa

Postby europa » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:32 am

She doesn't sound standard Joe. A photo of said beast would help a lot, though you'll need an image hosting service (I use photobucket but there are others).

Richard

Joseph Wiesner

Postby Joseph Wiesner » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:34 am

Europa, can I email to you at the moment ..........Joe.......

Joseph Wiesner

Postby Joseph Wiesner » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:52 am

Richard, I emailed the photos through to you, I thought you could give me some idea if it looked like a reasonable bike to you...........

Also on another subject...........can you as moderator please change my User Name to Pedlin' Rooster in place of Joseph Wiesner, it was an oversight when I first registered..........Thanks alot for your time........

...........Joe.............

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:57 pm

Josep Wiesner wrote:having had an MTB for about 3 years I am transferring my attention to a touring type bike (a Mongoose Randonneur)
Excellent choice of bike. I have one, though I have made some modifications to get it how I want it.

I only have one thing left to sort out and that is the chain ring ratios. The bike is perfect now.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:17 am

Hi,

We now have a private market place for bicycle classifieds. Please read the rules first to check that you are able to post.