Thoughts... 2013 Amira SL4 Pro Sram vs Amira SL4 Expert

lowercasev

Thoughts... 2013 Amira SL4 Pro Sram vs Amira SL4 Expert

Postby lowercasev » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 am

Hi all

What do you think? 2013 Amira SL4 Pro Sram vs Amira SL4 Expert?

I'm indecisive at the best of times and need your thoughts on the above mentioned road bikes.

I'm looking to upgrade to a better (than my Sora) racing bike to suit my long term goals of B or A grade racing. I'm short (155cm - 5'2"), so really need a WSD model, i'm vein so it can't be ugly! If i'm dropping up to $6K on a bike, I need to hear your thoughts!

Also browsing Trek 5.2 and 6.2 Madone's.

Please provide advice below! Pro's, Con's, anyone have one, had one, know someone with one, heard of someone with one, seen one.. etc?

V

Dedot

Re: Thoughts... 2013 Amira SL4 Pro Sram vs Amira SL4 Expert

Postby Dedot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi there,

I have tested the 2013 Amira SL4 Pro Sram last week. I came in for the Ruby but found I like the Amira much better. Very responsive and comfortable as well. The bike really takes off when you want it to be. I found the comfort side is not much different than the Ruby's. The only thing that I'm not so sure about is the SRAM component. I'm used to Ultegra. I like the double tapping mechanism but in my opinion, SRAM is a bit noisier. I am sure it just about getting used to it.

I havent tested the SL4 expert yet 'cause they dont have it for my size and they said they are not getting any until feb/mar 2013. SOrry I couldnt help much with that. Good luck with the testing.

lowercasev

Re: Thoughts... 2013 Amira SL4 Pro Sram vs Amira SL4 Expert

Postby lowercasev » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Hey thanks for the reply...I'm going to try out some tomorrow at Total Rush in Richmond. I'll let you know how I go...

re SRAM from what I've heard they're pretty similar and it's all about getting used to the gearing. Practice makes perfect I guess.

V