go-one Evo-Ks Velomobile

Aushiker

go-one Evo-Ks Velomobile

Postby Aushiker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:09 pm

As the "other" velomobile thread has appropriately turned into a Sinner Mango love in I thought I would start this thread for the new go-one Evo-Ks in case anyone is interested or can fit it :)

After the Evo-K- has shaken up the velomobile market and as we are almost exclusively building this model, we decided to offer an even slimmer and even more aerodynamic variant of this model for riders who still have space in the Evo-K-.

The result of this development was the Evo-Ks-. Again, it is a very light, still incredibly stiffly built velomobile, combining speed, driving pleasure but also safe handling. Smaller drivers can sit deeper – in comparison to larger vehicles – and achieve even higher cornering speeds without tilting sideways.

Andrew

Riggsbie

Re: go-one Evo-Ks Velomobile

Postby Riggsbie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:27 pm

I seriously thought about an Evo K very briefly until I discovered the cost......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rhubarb

Postby Rhubarb » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:12 pm

I looked at the Evo K too before settling on a Mango. Ultimately it was the practicality of the mango that led me to buy it, as well as the price. The Mango has the most useability re turning circle and ground clearance, apart from the rotovelo.

This photo made me very nervous about the ground clearance of the Evo K and its suitability for Brisbane's crappy cycling infrastructure:

It also doesn't have footholes for reverse etc.

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 am

Yep.....I saw that photo and it freaked me out......the Mango approach angle is a lot better but still scrapes.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DentedHead

Postby DentedHead » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:59 pm

I think that pic is misleading. Judging by the angle of the panel-line, I believe the rear wheel is elevated. The "gallery" style pics show the panel-line very close to horizontal, but in the above pic, it's clearly tipped forward.
Still, very nice lines, but not enough to trump the mango IMO.

Dent.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:17 pm

and a little more context to that picture ...

The comment that goes with it is ...

Silly steep speed bump. Notice how the underside of the K is angled to cope with this sort of misery. But this is obviously the right on the limit. Slows every bike down to not much more than 20kph, even my Nazca Pioneer really dislikes this one.

and some associated pictures ..

Andrew

DentedHead

Postby DentedHead » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:19 pm

I stand corrected :oops:

Dent.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:16 pm

DentedHead wrote:
I stand corrected :oops:

Dent.
Not at all. I think you have a valid point ... none of the other pictures explain why the front of the Evo-Ks was titled like it is at the front. They just show that environmental context and that the clearance is better than implied which is what you where suggesting as I understand it.

Andrew