Cyclocross

Original offroad cycling

Re: Cyclocross

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:51 am

Perhaps not this summer

... thats alright, it's a winter sport so you have a few months to get ready :D .
The runs take more out of me ten fold than the riding :oops: ... on Sundays race I exploded completely on the last 25 meter uphill run!.
Hopefully tomorrow I won't have that issue... in theory there should be 2 ditch jumps, one I may try to jump, the other will be a run. If I don't jump the first then it is quicker to run between the two... now that would suck!.
toolonglegs

by BNA » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:48 am

BNA

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:48 am

Sounds like you may need to find a nice grassy hill and do some hill sprints, on foot!!!!!
singlespeedscott

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:57 am

Or a grassy knoll even :P
toolonglegs

Postby moosterbounce » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 am

toolonglegs wrote:
Perhaps not this summer

... thats alright, it's a winter sport so you have a few months to get ready :D .
The runs take more out of me ten fold than the riding :oops: ... on Sundays race I exploded completely on the last 25 meter uphill run!.
Hopefully tomorrow I won't have that issue... in theory there should be 2 ditch jumps, one I may try to jump, the other will be a run. If I don't jump the first then it is quicker to run between the two... now that would suck!.

Last year races were held December-march so quite a bit warmer than you're used to TLL :) And it is called the Sweat and Sand series...no mud in Perth. Maybe you should move here instead as the running looks like nice firm ground :)
moosterbounce

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:03 pm

YEAH....nah :P a summer sport it isn't. I don't wear anything except normal summer kit till it drops below 5C otherwise I over heat :oops: . It seems much harder doing a one hour CX race compared to a one hour mtb race ... maybe because the course are so tight and often they don't want you to get a nice flow going like in mtb'ing.There really is no rest when riding on sloppy ground :lol: .
toolonglegs

Postby Pravda » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Haha mooster, I'm in Perth as well. Looking forward to having a crack at racing in Jan when the cross season starts up here again.
CX in 40 degree heat has to be something pretty unique. I guess because it's the MTB guys running it and it's in their off-season.
2011 Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX
Raceline Keith Oliver Signature Edition
Pravda

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Pravda wrote:Haha mooster, I'm in Perth as well. Looking forward to having a crack at racing in Jan when the cross season starts up here again.
CX in 40 degree heat has to be something pretty unique. I guess because it's the MTB guys running it and it's in their off-season.

Think I'll just watch you this year :)

I'm currently incompetent on anything other than Tarmac, although I did make it through a sand blow unscathed the other day - on the bike path around Whitfords beach. I was proud and stayed clipped in throughout. :oops: Practice...
moosterbounce

Postby Pravda » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:53 pm

I've only just got my mtb shoes and a set of crank bros candys so I'll be practicing my dismounts from now on. Im predicting a few embarrassing stacks over the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
2011 Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX
Raceline Keith Oliver Signature Edition
Pravda

Previous

Return to Cyclocross