The Gap

rastas

The Gap

Postby rastas » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi Guys, new to The Gap and wanting to do some road riding during the weeks around 5pm (can be flexible) approx 40 - 50 k. Unfortunately I cant do mornings as I start work to early.
Keen to meet up with other riders.
Also keen for some MTB riding in December when my bike gets here.

pentlandexile

Re: The Gap

Postby pentlandexile » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Hey mate

There are a few bunches who go off from The Gap in the mornings but not in the afternoons as far as I know. The 7-11 servo at the corner of Waterworks/Settlement Road is one of the usual meeting places. There was a Gap Cycling Club but it appears to have gone tits up. if you're heading off on your own in the afternoons you could think of heading over Gap Creek Road to Upper Brookfield, or heading up to Mt Nebo and back if you have the daylight. The ride out to Samford and points past that is good but will be busy with traffic at that time of day. As for mountain biking you're in clover, just head out to Gap Creek Park or head up South Boundary Road to Mt Nebo.
Long day's journey into alt-bars

rastas

Postby rastas » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:32 pm

Pent, Thanks for that, I went over Gap creek road and up Brookfield this afternoon, was a nice ride.
I will just continue to do that on the days i have available.
Thanks again

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:35 pm

No worries. Next time you're out there you could throw in Savages Rd and Gold Creek Road as well. Both dead ends like Upper Brookfield, just go up and back. Doing them all together is the 'Three Fingers' ride, about 50km return from The Gap.
Long day's journey into alt-bars

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm in your area but unfortunately I don't ride at the times you are interested in. (Too hot in late afternoon in summer anyway).

Its nice heading over to gold creek. There's always Cootha close by as well :)

CaptainSlow

Postby CaptainSlow » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm just down the road in Ashgrove but tend to do my road riding in the mornings. However, I've got some lights for the MTB which I've been hanging to try out - so could be up for an evening (6ish) MTB at Gap Creek at some point if you're keen.

rastas

Postby rastas » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Captain, My MTB won't get here till December, but once here i want to head out to Gap creek.
In the woods, I will be hitting as many rides as I can, cootha as well. The hardest thing for me is knowing where I am going, unfortunately for me TomTom doesn't work on my bike :)