Searching for old 27 inch tyres please :)

cyc715t

Searching for old 27 inch tyres please :)

Postby cyc715t » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi, how is everyone going? Enjoying the warmth in Melbourne I hope?

I'm just wondering if anyone in Melbourne has some old 27x1 1/4 inch tyres that they no longer need and wouldn't mind passing on please? I'm on the hunt for some and can't really find any used ones in passable condition anywhere. The ones that I have are rotting on the sides so I'm on the hunt for some which are ok on the side parts. I'm not sure what that section is called!

If anyone has some that they are willing to give away, I can travel around Melbourne to pick up. :)

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post in but if anyone could please help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

ldrcycles

Re: Searching for old 27 inch tyres please :)

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:27 pm

You should be able to get brand new ones from a bike shop for about $15, usually Innova brand and they are great quality. If you keep an eye on roadside collections/the tip you may find some usable ones, not gumwalls though as they are completely shot 99% of the time.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

cyc715t

Postby cyc715t » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:41 pm

ldrcycles wrote:You should be able to get brand new ones from a bike shop for about $15, usually Innova brand and they are great quality. If you keep an eye on roadside collections/the tip you may find some usable ones, not gumwalls though as they are completely shot 99% of the time.

Hi, thanks for that. Yeah, I've been looking along the side of the road but my area doesn't have much in terms of roadside collections as we have to book in. That is why I was hoping some people on here might have some old ones that aren't completely shot that they don't mind passing on. :) Wishful thinking or do you reckon I'd be in luck? haha

Thanks again.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 am

They will most likely be old perished and unsafe to use. Spend the $30 for some new ones that are safe to ride.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

slidetaker

Postby slidetaker » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 pm

$13.71 each from c r c.

Just grab a few more things and get free shipping.

cyc715t

Postby cyc715t » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Yeah but I'm trying to do up some old bikes for charity so I'd prefer not to go out and spend more money. :( I'm sure there must be some used ones out there which aren't that beaten up right? Please? hehe

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Something isn't right when you can buy a complete new BSO for the price of 4 new tyres - http://www.bigw.com.au/sports-leisure/b ... ntain-bike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:41 pm

I'd rather have the 4 27" tyres :lol: .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:43 pm

ldrcycles wrote:You should be able to get brand new ones from a bike shop for about $15, usually Innova brand and they are great quality.
Nup!! Gotta differ on that.

Before I found the truly marvelous Vittoria Randonneur Cross tyres I had a pair if Innova tyres of some sort. Worst tyres I've used for at least 20 years. They wore out after just 1500kms of sealed road riding. Soft as all cr*p :roll:
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."