Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

boss

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby boss » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Ordered some lights from Cell on Monday at 6pm, shipped from Sydney via Couriers Please Tuesday morning, arrived in Adelaide Thursday before midday.

Speedy and prices were comparable to O/S.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:45 pm

ordered from wiggle 9/11/2012 arrived 15/11/2012. free delivery. small parcel. good.

sb944

Postby sb944 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Garmin 500 blue cadence/HRM package from c r c, $249.31 charged on CC, including free delivery. It came via Royal Mail, their slowest method, ordered 6th, arrived 16th (happy it was Friday, not Monday). Overall, very pleased with first experience from c r c.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:22 pm

c r c appear to be speeding up their deliveries after a bit of a slowdown over recent months. I ordered on Nov 14 and received it Nov 19 which was pretty fast compared with an order I made in October. This time it was sent DHL but last month it went Royal Mail.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:19 pm

MarkG wrote:Order placed just then from Wiggle for some new bars etc for the new bike.
Let's see if it beats my new bike here!
Order arrived 5 days later.
Brilliant!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

swon38

Postby swon38 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 pm

After some padded shorts/jerseys - can anybody tell me the best place to buy online?

Thanks 8)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:03 am

swon38 wrote:After some padded shorts/jerseys - can anybody tell me the best place to buy online?

Thanks 8)
pushys.com.au sell fox MTB shorts
also try abcoutlets.com.au (they have some of their brand of shy shorts)
then the usual UK outlets

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:58 pm

jaseyjase wrote:hmm...

So after my other merlin order arriving after 2 and half days, my initial order of some Fulcrum R1s still shows its at the sorting facility in the UK, essentially no progression since last friday.

I rang TNT and they said the consignment number didnt exist, and they had no international parcels on file thats addressed to me

Sent an email to merlin and they screened dumped what ive been seeing, ie no progress on the tracking details, and told me TNT has been recently slow to australia, so will take about 10 days.

We'll see :|
Well, customs has my order because someone at merlin stuffed up and described my item as 'derailleurs' with a value of EUR$962 !!!!

So i got the letter today from customs, have emailed them back with a screen dump of my merlin reciept and paypal transaction history, lets hope common sense prevails.

Im annoyed to say the least :evil:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 am

I have up to now been a happy customer ProBikeKit, having experienced good service dealing with them over the past year or two with one or two too many blue bags in the post . That was until recently when I had an Ortlieb Water Bag that I purchased from them fail whilst I was on tour. Given that Ortlieb Water bag was under warranty I followed ProBikeKit’s warranty process...

I completed the ProBikeKit Returns Authorisation document and included it with the Ortleib Water Bag which was posted to the United Kingdom via Australia Post’s International Airmail service as advised to do so on October 12, 2012. That is the last I time heard from ProBikeKit. A follow-up email requesting a status update sent on November 8, 2012 has been ignored as has my latest email from this week. So much for ProBikeKit's claims of “hassle free returns.”

I can only assume that being delighted only applies for first thirty days (their return period). Bad luck if your product fails after the 30 days but within the warranty period. ProBikeKit it seems do not care then.

Good prices is one thing, but they need to be backed up with reasonable customer service in my view.

Regards
Andrew
Andrew

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:38 am

Aushiker wrote:I have up to now been a happy customer ProBikeKit, having experienced good service dealing with them over the past year or two with one or two too many blue bags in the post . That was until recently when I had an Ortlieb Water Bag that I purchased from them fail whilst I was on tour. Given that Ortlieb Water bag was under warranty I followed ProBikeKit’s warranty process...

I completed the ProBikeKit Returns Authorisation document and included it with the Ortleib Water Bag which was posted to the United Kingdom via Australia Post’s International Airmail service as advised to do so on October 12, 2012. That is the last I time heard from ProBikeKit. A follow-up email requesting a status update sent on November 8, 2012 has been ignored as has my latest email from this week. So much for ProBikeKit's claims of “hassle free returns.”

I can only assume that being delighted only applies for first thirty days (their return period). Bad luck if your product fails after the 30 days but within the warranty period. ProBikeKit it seems do not care then.

Good prices is one thing, but they need to be backed up with reasonable customer service in my view.

Regards
Andrew
Andrew

My wife wanted to return something to PBK and was having problem with them responding. A 1 minute phone call got an immediate response.

sergiomyth

Postby sergiomyth » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Bought from Cycling Express and Wiggle at same time.

Both orders took between 3-4 days to arrive.

The wiggle order arrived 22 hours after the CE order.

Good service from both companies, pretty stoked I got all the goods in time for what is going to be an epic weekend.

LM324

Postby LM324 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Ordered a few things from torpedo7 and they arrived quickly..... On a Saturday! I didn't know the postman did deliveries on weekends

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:51 am

Philipthelam wrote:Ordered a few things from torpedo7 and they arrived quickly..... On a Saturday! I didn't know the postman did deliveries on weekends
we got an amazon order last saturday. I think some couriers/auspost workers are starting the saturday runs earlier this year for xmas.

Hammo

Postby Hammo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:12 pm

PBK isn't looking too flash at the moment! I purchased a Garmin on Wed, and I haven't even received a single confirmation email from them! I have just sent them an email to confirm they received my order! I paid through paypal and it was confirmed through them. I am guessing that they haven't even looked at the order yet!

boss

Postby boss » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:00 am

Hammo wrote:PBK isn't looking too flash at the moment! I purchased a Garmin on Wed, and I haven't even received a single confirmation email from them! I have just sent them an email to confirm they received my order! I paid through paypal and it was confirmed through them. I am guessing that they haven't even looked at the order yet!
I had the same experience a few months ago. Turned out one of my items wasn't in stock, must have been popped in the too hard basket while they banged out the easy orders.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 am

unhappy with c r c delivery methods. they have changed their mail providers and now:
1. valuable box of delivered parts was dumped on my front doorstep (1m from footpath and in plain view to all) - luckily not stolen.
2. another box from same order (their decision to split it) is being held, with a collection card left requesting i ring to re-arrange delivery. previously packages were held at the local newsagent for me to collect - i'm betting that re-arranging delivery will require me to hang around for a broad window of time - FT.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:41 am

jaseyjase wrote: Well, customs has my order because someone at merlin stuffed up and described my item as 'derailleurs' with a value of EUR$962 !!!!

So i got the letter today from customs, have emailed them back with a screen dump of my merlin reciept and paypal transaction history, lets hope common sense prevails.

Im annoyed to say the least :evil:
Quick update, after emailing customs the night i received the letter i rang the next day to confirm. They wont process it any quicker and will just enter the 'queue' so its going to be at least another week of process and another week of postage

I let Merlin know and they confirmed its not their warehouse, but the 'carriers' who incorrectly label it if they cant find an invoice for the item. For some reason they always describe it as 'derailleurs', no idea why the listed it as EURO$962 :evil:

I think this has also impacted my Ribble and Wiggle orders as they mustve held them all back all together. (been over two weeks for ribble and over a week for wiggle, not usually this long)

sux. :cry:

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 am

oh well, enjoy your campag super record derailleur when it finally arrives :D

Hammo

Postby Hammo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 pm

PBK haven't responded to my email either! Might give it another couple of days and then cancel it through Paypal. Pretty ordinary service!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Hammo wrote:PBK haven't responded to my email either! Might give it another couple of days and then cancel it through Paypal. Pretty ordinary service!
I've had an issue with PBK in the past and after trying the email contact a few days (and not getting a response), it was sorted out in less than 1 minute on the phone.

Hammo

Postby Hammo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Thanks mate good to know! I just called and left a msg. Stupid me it is only 3:00am Monday morning in the UK. If they don't respond to my voice mail msg I will call them back. I have no issue with the product taking a couple of weeks but I do have a problem with them not even sending a order confirmation!

zakka101

Postby zakka101 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:27 pm

cellbikes.

bought new tyres and assorted items late friday night, arrived at work this morning ( tuesday ). pretty good. im happy, cellbikes have always been good!

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 am

Ordered a couple of new chains from c r c on the 19th Dec and when I got home from work yesterday they were sitting in my letterbox waiting for me. Pretty good service.

marckietan

Postby marckietan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Ordered bottles/ SPD pedals from Wiggle in the afternoon on the 21st and turned up today (the 28th). Pretty good in my view.

Also ordered a Garmin on the same day from ProBikeKit. They were both despatched the same day from the UK but the Garmin has yet to arrive.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Wiggle order placed 22nd November, arrived today.
Brilliant.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"