Catrike Villager or maybe a Catrike Expedition or ...

John Lewis

Re: Catrike Villager or maybe a Catrike Expedition or ...

Postby John Lewis » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Andrew,

We have two LogoTrikes here so you can try that too. at least for the underseat steering versus direct comparison.

John

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:57 pm

John Lewis wrote:Andrew,

We have two LogoTrikes here so you can try that too. at least for the underseat steering versus direct comparison.

John
Cool thanks John.

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Baalzamon wrote:I suspect that could be a tad warm. Could be a good sauna in summer tho.
Maybe a fan would solve this issue :)

From BROL

Andrew

John Lewis

Postby John Lewis » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 am

I think harry had a misting sprayer set up. That combined with the fan might work out nicely. The misters do work so long as the humidity is low.
Or perhaps something like this.

http://watersorb.com/polymer_cool_neck_bands.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:43 am

If anyone is interested the Catrike Villager mentioned in the opening post is back on the market now for $1,200 as the trike and spares only.

Andrew

CW83

Postby CW83 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:51 am

FWIW, I had a Catrike Speed. It was tremendous fun and could go very fast downhill and on the flat. It was slow uphill. I suspect any trike will be compared to a DF. On the other hand, the comfort of lying down and being able to stop while seated should not be underestimated. It was difficult, but not impossible, to ride on gravel: 1) because the clearance was low; 2) beyond a certain incline, or in deepish gravel, the back wheel would spin, requiring carefully calibrated gearing and pedalling (this was true even on bitumen if the hill was steep enough or wet). Do people have this problem on other trikes?

As one of the early models, it developed a crack at junction of the frame members. Catrike replaced the frame free of charge with the newer reinforced frame. Very impressive.
This is a gratuitous and hard to read sentence that gets added to the end of my posts.