Sydney weather this morning!!!

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Boognoss wrote:
I've been a wimp all week :oops:

+1

zozza

Postby zozza » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:16 pm

Went out tonight with plastic bags over my socks :? (not a very good idea) and TWO plastic cliplock bags for the phone..To be Sure!

challs

Postby challs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:27 am

I've resigned myself to the fact that this week is a bit of a right-off. Work has been hectic anyway...I've had a few sessions on the rollers but haven't ventured outside yet. Weather looks to be clearing today though!!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:49 am

It was bucketing down this morning, I had to wait before I rode to the gym, arrived 15 minutes late for my yoga class.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

sandman

Postby sandman » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:59 am

challs wrote:I've resigned myself to the fact that this week is a bit of a right-off. Work has been hectic anyway...I've had a few sessions on the rollers but haven't ventured outside yet. Weather looks to be clearing today though!!
Hey Kirt

Just hope it doesnt rain on Sat morn, kinda really enjoying the Lifecycles ride. You comming along for that this sat ?

Pete

challs

Postby challs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:55 am

Will definitely be there for the ride (only predicting showers)

Though will have to take it easy (especially on the ride back into Penrith) if I'm going to race at Oakville in the afternoon.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:38 pm

zozza wrote:Went out tonight with plastic bags over my socks :? (not a very good idea) and TWO plastic cliplock bags for the phone..To be Sure!

You're pretty keen zozza 8) . Hanging out for a ride but I have to admit the weather is putting me off, soft I know.

Are you riding the M7 cycleway zozza or the shoulder most times ?

ozlegacy

Postby ozlegacy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Was out this morning more rain than dry again, also got first flat on the new bike and first flat in the rain!

Changing tyres isnt fun when bike is wet and tyres covered in road grime etc. although C02 canister was handy 2 secs 100psi vs pumping like a idiot in the rain..... also it worked faultessly which was good as Ive never used it on the road before.

zozza

Postby zozza » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:28 pm

Hey chuck.. I've been riding the cycleway most nights, save the shoulder for the weekends during daylight. Did 52k this evening without a drop of rain, just as well coz I had no wet gear at all.

531db

Postby 531db » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:28 pm

50 km at the Regatta Centre this afternoon, was rained on for about 30 of them, and the wind was coming from everywhere but behind me.
No way was I not riding though, after 15 days off the bike due to being overseas.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:33 pm

zozza wrote:Hey chuck.. I've been riding the cycleway most nights, save the shoulder for the weekends during daylight. Did 52k this evening without a drop of rain, just as well coz I had no wet gear at all.

Was it you zozza that posted recently that you had your eye on a new ride ?

If so how's it going ?

zozza

Postby zozza » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:58 pm

I was bidding on a colnago and lost it in the dying seconds after raising my final bid twice :cry: , I upped my final bid and was about to press confirm when I realised I had typed in five figures :x :x :x .....anyway, A mate from golf had this Nishiki, 105 with Mavics and basically in brand new condition so i bought it for a few hunge, goes like the clappers, But it DEF. won't end there :lol:

leximack

Postby leximack » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:22 pm

left work at 7pm for a DRY ride home, was a welcomed change.
hope tomorrow is nice as i have a bit of time for a long ride.
Don

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:26 pm

zozza wrote:Went out tonight with plastic bags over my socks :? (not a very good idea)
Hi Zozza

Why not a good idea? I am interested in your experience.

Andrew

zozza

Postby zozza » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Hey Aushiker, lets just say that plastics bags do a very good job of holding water in :oops: Maybe next time i'll chuck in some epsom salts :idea:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:56 pm

zozza wrote:Hey Aushiker, lets just say that plastics bags do a very good job of holding water in :oops: Maybe next time i'll chuck in some epsom salts :idea:
Ah, did you use a rubber band to close them around the leg? BTW you had the same problem as I do with my SealSkinz socks.

Andrew

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:30 pm

It's a miracle. I rode home on dry roads.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:59 pm

mikesbytes wrote:It's a miracle. I rode home on dry roads.
It's been a perfect afternoon for riding today. Shame there's been too many things on.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

leximack

Postby leximack » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:49 pm

i did 110km this morning along the m2/m7 and it was dry the whole way. Very windy though heading towards preston, NICE tailwind on the way back though, was good to get a longer ride in.

Don

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:20 am

Been keen for a ride all week, so decided with the improvement in the weather that I'd go for a ride this morning before work.

Up at 5am out the door at 5.30 heading towards the M7 cycleway. Passing Casula mall when it sounded like I hit a trolley. It wasn't a trolley but it was something big and right away the bike felt all wrong underneath me. I look down and the front tyre is ok,I look back and the rear is flat already so I slow down and pull towards the kerb still looking down for any more damage. Well I forget to unclip don't I and down I go :oops: :lol: .

Luckily it's all grass so no harm done but now I'm down still clipped in and on my back like an upturned turtle :lol: .

So I untangle myself and head back to the mall where I find a nice well lit spot to inspect/change the rear tube.

Get the wheel off and a quick inspection suggests the tyre is ok. Remove the tube and there's a decent size hole in the side. Put the new tube in and start pumping. It feels easier than it has before with the hand pump which surprises me. I keep going and then bang I've over inflated the tube and put a hole in it.

I curse myself for being so stupid then replace the tube with my 2nd (and last) spare. I start to inflate it again, this time more carefully when I see the problem. There's a hole in the side of the tyre and the tube is pushing out through it.

So I've no choice now, I only inflate the tube enough so I can limp the 1km back to my house.

Spewing, the weather is absolutely perfect outside and I should be out there among it.

Did a 2km no intensity ride, I'll be sure to log it on BJ :roll: .

Hate punctures :evil: .

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:27 am

Just one word for this morning... Brilliant! :D
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:21 pm

Chuck wrote:There's a hole in the side of the tyre and the tube is pushing out through it..
$10 note or muesli bar wrapping or similar is handy for covering the hole allowing you to continue your ride.

Andrew

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:09 pm

sogood wrote:Just one word for this morning... Brilliant! :D
I'll raise you a word...... bloody brilliant!!
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

sandman

Postby sandman » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:20 pm

Aushiker wrote:
Chuck wrote:There's a hole in the side of the tyre and the tube is pushing out through it..
$10 note or muesli bar wrapping or similar is handy for covering the hole allowing you to continue your ride.

Andrew
I'm a tight-arse :-) I carry a $5 note just for that reason.

challs

Postby challs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:06 pm

It was a beautiful day, but I didn't get t make the most of it

Managed 55km with the lifecycles bunch until I stood up to accellerate back to the bunch (after a bathroom break) and snapped the heads off two spokes. Damn Shimano wheels!! I should go back to 36 spoked wheels that you can still ride on when you snap a couple spokes!!

At least I just had to replace the nipples, and not the whole spokes - was a fair bit cheaper than if the actual spoke had snapped.