Had my first taste

15wilsonwu

Had my first taste

Postby 15wilsonwu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:03 pm

After trying out track cycling by a Come n' Try organized by my school, im completely hooked with track cycling, my question is, Does anyone here know if there are any Velodromes where you can rent bikes without a license?

Thanks.
2015 BMC TimeMachine TMR02
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

bigfriendlyvegan

Re: Had my first taste

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:56 pm

15wilsonwu wrote:After trying out track cycling by a Come n' Try organized by my school, im completely hooked with track cycling, my question is, Does anyone here know if there are any Velodromes where you can rent bikes without a license?

Thanks.
Dude, get a license. You don't need to get a full license if you don't race and just want to ride at practise.

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:
15wilsonwu wrote:After trying out track cycling by a Come n' Try organized by my school, im completely hooked with track cycling, my question is, Does anyone here know if there are any Velodromes where you can rent bikes without a license?

Thanks.
Dude, get a license. You don't need to get a full license if you don't race and just want to ride at practise.
If i pick a race licence, does it like cover everything else? or do you just race with it?
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:27 am

cover everything? You mean insurance? I'm pretty sure it does, but check with you state cycling body or Cycling Australia to be sure. You can't race in a sanctioned race without a gold license, but you can train at club events.

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:01 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:cover everything? You mean insurance? I'm pretty sure it does, but check with you state cycling body or Cycling Australia to be sure. You can't race in a sanctioned race without a gold license, but you can train at club events.
Ahh, ok. Thanks mate! By the way, do you know how concrete velodromes compare to wooden one?
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:43 pm

15wilsonwu wrote:
bigfriendlyvegan wrote:cover everything? You mean insurance? I'm pretty sure it does, but check with you state cycling body or Cycling Australia to be sure. You can't race in a sanctioned race without a gold license, but you can train at club events.
Ahh, ok. Thanks mate! By the way, do you know how concrete velodromes compare to wooden one?
Don't fall on either.

Concrete will be "slower" in that you will likely require a slightly smaller gear than you would on a wooden track. Concrete ones are less steep as well. IIRC, you're a junior, so you have limited roll out anyway, just stick with that and learn to spin. Do as many different tracks as you can. They all have their own unique characteristics. Make lots of mistakes, come last, come not last, come first. Have fun.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:39 pm

White washed concrete is fast at night but look out if fog rolls in. :shock: :x

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km