I might of found a good bike!!! CAMPAG!

Dan

Re: I might of found a good bike!!! CAMPAG!

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:43 am

Off you go then.

framefinder

Postby framefinder » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:45 am

I found 6 brass garden fountains in a 1800s houses backyard, buying all of them for $100 I then posted them on forums to find value, I got offered 100 each, 600 total from a guy in sydney on a forum, he wanted to pick them up that day. putting them on ebay fetched me $22,000 for all 6. allowing me to quit my job and start a wedding photography business and two vintage shops, now I get to do what I like with my life. if I stuck to what a few people thought on forums I would be in the same boat as all you guys. a !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! one. please keep me updated with links with these $100 itailian bikes, that would be a great help, like this thread.

dubrat

Postby dubrat » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 am

I wish I was a mod on here I could lock this thread

You come here to a enthusiast forum to gather info so you can make money....

Also providing very limited info on the actual frame.... The dropouts are probably the least important part of the frame when trying to identify its maker.... I feel extremely sorry for the person who has purchased this off you....

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:22 am

The forum contains an excellent search function to assist you with finding the information you require. Now, though, its unlikely that anyone in this particular thread will be very helpful, given your combative responses to what were reasonable questions from interested members.

In any case, a number of forum members are also photographers, and could likely offer you some direction on how to effectively photograph bicycles. I'm not a photographer myself, so perhaps my understanding of the specific skills required for photographing weddings (as opposed to bicycles) is not entirely complete.

I also move to lock the thread.

Regards
Dan

framefinder

Postby framefinder » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:32 am

I have shown every lug on the bike, the rest of the bike is just tube with stickers, a further back shot would only be further back showing less detail. the only thing to go off is the lug work, don't tell me that someone here knows what kind of bike a tube is from if thats all they had! and yes I am trying to get info to make money as stated in my post. you guys failed at giving any info apart from telling me it was worth 100?? have fun at play lunch. please look back on this thread and see when the inner child spoke first. I will post pics of the bike today

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:47 am

There's a guy in port melbourne who believes his entry level peugeot aubisque with HLE tubing is worth $986... maybe you should have a chat with him about bikes and sell together. you'll make a killing!

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:04 am

If you only in it for the money, suggest you pay for the services and advice from people on this forum. Only fair.
... 15km short of a cardiac arrest ...

framefinder

Postby framefinder » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:09 am

vaeske.. look at completed listings to see a average value of what people are willing to pay. the guy in port melbs has not sold the tubes yet. I have. looking forward to posting these pics of the whole bike so people can tell me what it is, 700 views and 95% childish comments. this is a great community full of knowledge. finding Info on old bikes is tricky, does anyone even own any vintage campag stuff? is it really really common? I have a bike pick in 20 minutes, claiming she has an old Canadian made bike, any bets on what it is????? no googling it, just self knowledge, be back in 30 minutes with pics of both bikes. gotta love my life. don't forget the share your tiny teddys kids.

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 am

framefinder wrote:does anyone even own any vintage campag stuff? is it really really common? gotta love my life. don't forget the share your tiny teddys kids.
^ LOL! well you certainly don't need us then! go on! it seems like us kids have no idea whats going on.

sunho

Postby sunho » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:16 am

Wow, your condescending attitude and arrogance is quite the rude...

Please. We appreciate nice bikes and some manners, possibly none of which you have.

It seems rather like you are using us to get your information for your fleabay listings to flog them, and that's probably why everyone is reluctant to help.

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:23 am

framefinder wrote:...this is a great community full of knowledge...
It is - I'm sorry you don't feel the same. However, there's only so much knowledge to be imparted upon one whose posts primarily appear to consist of accounts of how good he is at finding bargains, and how much money he makes by doing so.

Best of luck.

morini

Postby morini » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 am

You might have found a good bike but none of us will ever be able to confirm it because you refuse to put up any photos.

What do you expect? We want evidence not argument. By the time you mentioned Ben 10 and the endearing, "95% childish comments", you lost all of us. If you want help on any forum the standard is to post photographs so people can at least see what both of us are talking about. No one here is a mind reader and by the look of it you haven't got the faintest idea of what your talking about, which is why you signed up in the first place. But you already know that. People don't join forums to argue, they're here just to look at and talk about bikes.

So why are you here?

bicyclepassion

Postby bicyclepassion » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 am

Someone should put this thread out of its misery. It started off hilarious, but not funny any more.

framefinder

Postby framefinder » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:03 am

this is half way being packed up to be posted today, but yes nothing to special but when you list it right with the likes of dura ace, campag, brooks, shimano, Italian ect, it sounds very good, and to someone that earns 150k plus a year its really nothing.

Dow Jones Index

Postby Dow Jones Index » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 am

Hey man, don't be ageist.

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:39 am

Your comment regarding childbirth is abhorrent. Please stop. Mods, can you please lock this thread?

Dow Jones Index

Postby Dow Jones Index » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:49 am

Yeah mate that comment was really horrible. The only person who comes across as childish in this thread is you, and it's obvious you no real interest in bicycles beyond sales and profit. This is not the forum for you.

I'm all for thread lock

framefinder

Postby framefinder » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:58 am

[quote="Dan"]Your comment regarding childbirth is abhorrent. Please stop.

hey I just started, we are all grown ups here, right? I am not being gross in anyway, I just want mature comments, that is all. using examples of situations I am sure lots on here will find themselves in here is a good way of shutting down peoples inner child. getting answers to my questions, is all I want. instead I get pics of Ferraris and people offended by me calling them childish. if you spend 10 minutes putting ferrari badges on a astra thats pretty year 7 to me.

framefinder

Postby framefinder » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 pm

I like that I post the full bike and still nobody has a clue to the value or make. but lets just put it down as a crappy bike with italian bits and stuff. good answers guys, very rewarding spending my time on here. 800+ views 20+ replies, nobody asked to see the bottom of the bike??????? everyone just wanted to see the stickers????, if I had colnago forks on it I could sell it as one by the sounds. the bike weighs, 8.36kg with no front tyre and tube.

BRLVR.v2

Postby BRLVR.v2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:15 pm

I love tiny teddies,any one got any choc chip ones?

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:22 pm

BRLVR.v2 wrote:I love tiny teddies,any one got any choc chip ones?
Sorry Dave, the only tiny teddies I have are no name brand with lazy clearances. They're not even pantographed as tiny teddies.

darkhorse75

Postby darkhorse75 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:31 pm

That bike is not Italian. Sorry.

munga

Postby munga » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Mate, the only help you'll find here is the search button.

Clown.

framefinder

Postby framefinder » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:46 pm

naa its Chinese, they always made these bikes, I can tell by the chinezey lugs, all those tell tail signs are screaming Chinese. your knowledge is grateful. still better than most my other responses. at least its on topic.

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:52 pm

love the chinese workmanship...using gaspipes since 1949.