Chinerallo, Has any1 purchased??

bardygrub

Chinerallo, Has any1 purchased??

Postby bardygrub » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:52 pm

If so...
1. Where from eg. Ebay, Aliexpress ect?
2. Didbyou receive it?
3 If you did receive it, how good are they.

Im getting keener everytime i look them up on Aliexpress and am thinking of selling my 6 month old dale to get oe of these dogmas with di2 for around $650.

Any thoughts?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chinerallo, Has any1 purchased??

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Don't do it.
If you want to buy direct, buy a generic frame that doesn't pretend to be something that it is not.

If an overseas seller is selling a fake pinerallo it is fraud, apart of the ethics of knowingly buying a fake, the seller is shady and there is a chance that the frame / bike has serious safety issues - problems that you can't confirm and that certainly don't pass safety standards. BTW, Aliexpress has a bad reputation in that it is abused by fraudsters - at least in the cycling industry.

Use the search function to find the threads in this forum to find discussions on reputable chinese manufacturers of generic chinese carbon bikes. These are also priced low and you can often get custom decals. You will also learn from other peoples experiences, what went wrong, and what was good.

Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:51 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Don't do it.
If you want to buy direct, buy a generic frame that doesn't pretend to be something that it is not.

If an overseas seller is selling a fake pinerallo it is fraud, apart of the ethics of knowingly buying a fake, the seller is shady and there is a chance that the frame / bike has serious safety issues - problems that you can't confirm and that certainly don't pass safety standards. BTW, Aliexpress has a bad reputation in that it is abused by fraudsters - at least in the cycling industry.

Use the search function to find the threads in this forum to find discussions on reputable chinese manufacturers of generic chinese carbon bikes. These are also priced low and you can often get custom decals. You will also learn from other peoples experiences, what went wrong, and what was good.

Christopher
roger that, thanks.

But the look sooooo good!

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:16 pm

+1 head over to velobuild for the info on who are the reputable suppliers. Can also jump in on their group buys for further discounts.

usernameforme

Postby usernameforme » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:24 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Don't do it.
I'd say go for it, But don't get the Pinarello paint. I guess the line is cut at different stages for different people, but the paint is what doesn't do it for me. on the topic of fraud, Velobuild has a great database of legit companies, probably get a better reply there

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Here are some links:
Chinese carbon frame and wheels thread

you will find a lot of valuable info there.

This is the new forum section for Generic Carbon discussions.
Cycling is in my BNA

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:37 am

bardygrub wrote:If so...
2. Didbyou receive it?

Im getting keener everytime i look them up on Aliexpress and am thinking of selling my 6 month old dale to get oe of these dogmas with di2 for around $650.

Any thoughts?
You'd sell a 6-month old Cannondale to buy a fake pinarello?
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 am

jacks1071 wrote:
bardygrub wrote:If so...
2. Didbyou receive it?

Any thoughts?
You'd sell a 6-month old Cannondale to buy a fake pinarello?
I deal with this logic every day in a very different industry... irony is that the groupset isn't the thing that keeps your face off the road at 80kmh :)

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:54 am

Xplora wrote:I deal with this logic every day in a very different industry... irony is that the groupset isn't the thing that keeps your face off the road at 80kmh :)
But that's not irony is it? For $650 I can't see a decent groupset included in the package.
Cycling is in my BNA

usernameforme

Postby usernameforme » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Competitive cyclist just did an article on this in their what's new. Bit biased IMO with petty fears. They suggest that these frames are factory seconds, which they are not because while they are close copies, they are not EXACT copies. Details like the BB, the cable routing and seat post are often wrong. A BB30 bottom bracket cannot be a manufacturing fault in the production lines of BSA frames, nor can a drastically altered seatpost or different cable routing. FWIF, Great Keen Bike's Cervelo S3 copy actually has better mechanical cable routing than the real S3 (might not be as aero, but you don't get the tight curve)

__PG__

Postby __PG__ » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 pm

You should get a copy Pinarello but with "Chinarello" stickers :mrgreen:
1994 Cecil Walker (now retired)
2013 Baum Corretto
2014 Cell Awaba 1.0

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:17 am

__PG__ wrote:You should get a copy Pinarello but with "Chinarello" stickers :mrgreen:
A true hardman would get a real Pinarello and put Chinarello stickers on the real thing 8)

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:50 am

AUbicycles wrote:
Xplora wrote:I deal with this logic every day in a very different industry... irony is that the groupset isn't the thing that keeps your face off the road at 80kmh :)
But that's not irony is it? For $650 I can't see a decent groupset included in the package.
I think Xplora's point is, some people worry too much about the groupset and not about the frame.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

Walastik

Postby Walastik » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 am

clydesmcdale wrote:+1 head over to velobuild for the info on who are the reputable suppliers. Can also jump in on their group buys for further discounts.
+1 on velobuild. Got a Dengfu Fm098 frame from there. On matte black, without any stickers

boss

Postby boss » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:40 am

usernameforme wrote:Competitive cyclist just did an article on this in their what's new. Bit biased IMO with petty fears. They suggest that these frames are factory seconds, which they are not because while they are close copies, they are not EXACT copies. Details like the BB, the cable routing and seat post are often wrong. A BB30 bottom bracket cannot be a manufacturing fault in the production lines of BSA frames, nor can a drastically altered seatpost or different cable routing. FWIF, Great Keen Bike's Cervelo S3 copy actually has better mechanical cable routing than the real S3 (might not be as aero, but you don't get the tight curve)
I found that article to be pretty interesting once you got past the fact they're trying to get you to drink the industry kool aid. Granted, it wasn't as bad as I expected considering CC make their money from selling you the genuine article.

I personally liked that it was well linked/referenced, gave me a bit to read. Will keep an eye on that column.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 pm

jacks1071 wrote:I think Xplora's point is, some people worry too much about the groupset and not about the frame.
Yep, Di2 doesn't make my saddle sores go away :lol:

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Anyone have a link for the competitive cyclist article in mention?

boss

Postby boss » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:01 pm

clydesmcdale wrote:Anyone have a link for the competitive cyclist article in mention?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=competitive+cyclist+whats+new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:

slian

Postby slian » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Another related article I recall reading about this issue

http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2011/08/a ... ted-equal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Xplora wrote:
jacks1071 wrote:I think Xplora's point is, some people worry too much about the groupset and not about the frame.
Yep, Di2 doesn't make my saddle sores go away :lol:
To be fair, a new frame probably won't fix them either :-)

This stuff on the other hand works a treat: http://www.bepanthen.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JustJames

Postby JustJames » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:15 pm

jimboss wrote:
clydesmcdale wrote:Anyone have a link for the competitive cyclist article in mention?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=competitive+cyclist+whats+new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LMGTFY works better when you camouflage it with a tinyurl.
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:17 pm

JustJames wrote:
jimboss wrote:

Interesting reading, thanks for that. :wink:

LMGTFY works better when you camouflage it with a !!! spammer !!!.

JustJames

Postby JustJames » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:30 am

...I meant with a tiny url.

But that seems to put a "spammer" in the works.

Ho hum.
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boss

Postby boss » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:40 am

I suppose an easier way would be

[ url = http://yoururlhere.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] some URL description [ / url ] (intentionally spaced BB code so you can see it)

to achieve

some URL description