Upstand Bicycle Stand

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Upstand Bicycle Stand

Postby Brianmoose_ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 am

I was wondering if anyone owns one of these? Searched the forum but found nothing

http://upstandingbicycle.com/installation/

My one arrived today and will be fitted on the bike once I get home and will let you know if they work great or not...
Brianmoose_

by BNA » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:59 pm

BNA

Re: Upstand Bicycle Stand

Postby gorilla monsoon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Looks like a good idea. I think youo may have to be a little careful about positioning your bike when you stand it though because that stand balances the rear axle, rather than swinging-down to be a little more mass-centralised in the case of a conventional stand so there will still be a fair bit of mass forward of the balance point.
Still, looks like the way to go and beats the bejesus out of finding a place to stand a stand-less bike.
Give us a report after you've used it for a couple of weeks. Having seen that, I could be talked into buying one myself. Cost?
Some days you are a big, strutting rooster, some days you are a bit chicken and some days you are just a complete cocque. Roger Ramjet: 2009 Giant CRX3 Spockette: 2009 Trek FX 7.3 (WSD, property of Mrs Monsoon) Lady Penelope: 2011 Avanti Cadent 1.0 TdF
gorilla monsoon

Re: Upstand Bicycle Stand

Postby Brianmoose_ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:07 am

gorilla monsoon wrote:Looks like a good idea. I think youo may have to be a little careful about positioning your bike when you stand it though because that stand balances the rear axle, rather than swinging-down to be a little more mass-centralised in the case of a conventional stand so there will still be a fair bit of mass forward of the balance point.
Still, looks like the way to go and beats the bejesus out of finding a place to stand a stand-less bike.
Give us a report after you've used it for a couple of weeks. Having seen that, I could be talked into buying one myself. Cost?

Yeah I just put the stand on today haven't really fully tested it out, the tab it self is built for a qr but I have a nut piece but I expanded the hole with a bigger drill bit and it fits nicely now (wasn't that hard to drill).

From the first few it felt stable and pretty good the price was alright I guess $35 for it shipped too...I will report back once I stand it a lot...
Brianmoose_

Return to General discussion