Commuter Cup Racing

Comedian

Re: Commuter Cup Racing

Postby Comedian » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:43 am

jasonc wrote:I guess it's CCR - it happened on the way to work. I'm the nutbag that comes to the front at around 1:35

I reckon I got a few CCR points that day...

EDIT: fixed link
Defo got some points there :)

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 am

Doping in CCR

The focus of anti-doping efforts has always been on the professionals. It's time however to change that focus and concentrate on where the real action is, commuter cup racing. I know doping happens in this competitive event because I was passed more than once on the way to work today & that can't be explained by the fact that I am old and flat and slow. No the only credible explanation is that they are doped to the eyeballs.

It is time for the Australian anti-doping authority to send testers to these races at all the popular locations, Footscray Road, Anzac Bridge and Riverloop.

Some random muppet said ''We are losing a battle at the beginning in a lot of ways, in a lot of aspects.'' Pressed on what motivation to dope would be required for a commuter cup racer who might be a young up-and-comer but also could be a middle-aged never-was, he said: ''Everyone wants to win and if they can't, and they don't do the hard training there are things that they could use. If it happens in US grand fondos, you can put the house on it happenening here at commuter cup Level.''

Starting with the early risers who race from 6 am, with a peak of riders between 7 & 8 am followed by the stragglers through to 9 am the scene is one not only repeated at Footscray Road, Anzac Bridge and Riverloop, but across Australia.

But behind the veil of bonhomie and sporting rivalry, there is a growing concern that doping could permeate commuter cup racing unless it is checked.

Another random muppet conceded that the doping issues were ''alarming at this stage for the young kids''. But he said: ''The future of commuter cup racing is for the kids. The message we try to give them is to have fun, enjoy yourself, go out there … be a little bit competitive but have fun''.

The time to act is now if we want to preserve the integrity and presitge of the commuter cup!

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 pm

I fricking knew it, too. How else could I have got my ring handed to me this morning by a guy on a pink girls mountain bike with its seat at about knee-height?! For shame :o
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

rdp_au

Postby rdp_au » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:10 am

When you’re working with the capabilities that I have on offer, anything resembling a CCR success is to be celebrated mightily. So it was that yesterday evening was an opportunity not to be missed. Came up behind two bikes waiting at a set of lights, one a chap on a mountain bike, and the other a serious looking dude on a Pinarello who was holding a pretty good track stand. We waited behind him anyway to give him room if things went astray. Lights changed and he was off, out of the saddle and pulling away hard. Mountain bike was next, and then me, after my usual slow start. There was a bit of headwind and it’s uphill, so we had to work to get up to speed. Mr Pinarello was already 30 metres ahead as I finally got into my stride and passed the mountain bike with a wave. Could not resist putting in a bit of effort to reel him in and pass as we crested a slight incline. Kept it up to pull away before I turned off after a kilometre or so.

A small victory indeed, as he may well have been taking it easy at the end of a long commute (as I had been), but I did take some satisfaction in putting away some expensive carbon. And it was drug free, apart from the nice glass of shiraz I enjoyed over dinner... :)

FuzzyDropbear

Postby FuzzyDropbear » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:53 pm

Had a good spin last night on the way home, riding slight incline, I spotted a bloke on a roadie behind me (not a commuter) while I was on the MTB with slicks, so picked up the pace to around 30km/hr and kept at it for about 1.5km, he was behind me for about 500m until I could move across to give him safe room to pass... Unfortunately for me, someone's lycra was a bit old...... So I just hit the skidz, I didn't want my commute ruined :? (I could post a pic as the camera on the handlebars was rolling :lol: ) ... And he turned off at the next intersection.. So I powered off and caught up to another bloke and passed him on the next rise.
rdp_au wrote: ....
A small victory indeed, as he may well have been taking it easy at the end of a long commute (as I had been), but I did take some satisfaction in putting away some expensive carbon. And it was drug free, apart from the nice glass of shiraz I enjoyed over dinner... :)
I dunno, we might need to have an investigation into this, was that a performance enhancing shiraz, or is that what all the kids are calling it these days? :lol: We might have to strip you of your CCR titles, especially with the new anti doping CCR regime! I mean, this is a serious competitive sport here, we really need to clean the streets up.... lol.

Cheers.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 am

find_bruce wrote:Doping in CCR
i thought it was a C grader
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 pm

mikesbytes wrote:i thought it was a C grader
Things have been terribly serious around here lately & I was trying to lighten things up. Sorry if my twisted sense of humour wasn't obvious - I am not usually noted for my subtlety - does a smiley make it better ? :D

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:49 pm

I think training for CCR is illegal performance enhancement enough :lol:

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:39 pm

2012 Oppy A4

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Love your work Kona, you own CCR.

JustJames

Postby JustJames » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
i thought it was a C grader
But was it a weekend warrior?
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 pm

2012 Oppy A4

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:

**SERIOUSLY AWESOME** :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hannos

Postby hannos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 am

FuzzyDropbear wrote: I dunno, we might need to have an investigation into this, was that a performance enhancing shiraz, or is that what all the kids are calling it these days? :lol: We might have to strip you of your CCR titles, especially with the new anti doping CCR regime! I mean, this is a serious competitive sport here, we really need to clean the streets up.... lol.

Cheers.

Shiraz is red.
Blood is red.
I reckon he was doing a transfusion!
2010 BMC SLC01

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Keep them coming Kona :D . One of the best parts of the forum :lol:
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Rhubarb

Postby Rhubarb » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:48 pm

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:38 pm

warthog1 wrote:Keep them coming Kona :D . One of the best parts of the forum :lol:
This could be one of my best for the year :lol:

2012 Oppy A4

master6

Postby master6 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:36 pm

There is another thread here about wheel sucking etiquette :mrgreen:

I must admit (with absolutely no feelings of guilt or regret) that , when in Brisbane, I often time my afternoon ride toward home along the western freeway bike track to coincide with the hordes of commuters heading out to the western suburbs. Usually manage to sit an enthusiastic pace setter from Towong bus station to Moggil Rd crossing, then the next bit to Fig Tree Pocket Kindergarten. At that point I am nearly home.
Etiquette? No problems :D

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:56 pm

master6 wrote:There is another thread here about wheel sucking etiquette :mrgreen:

I must admit (with absolutely no feelings of guilt or regret) that , when in Brisbane, I often time my afternoon ride toward home along the western freeway bike track to coincide with the hordes of commuters heading out to the western suburbs. Usually manage to sit an enthusiastic pace setter from Towong bus station to Moggil Rd crossing, then the next bit to Fig Tree Pocket Kindergarten. At that point I am nearly home.
Etiquette? No problems :D
your one of those I see on a regular basis. Say gday if you see me on my flatbar.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:57 pm

deleted
Last edited by jasonc on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master6

Postby master6 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:25 pm

jasonc wrote: your one of those I see on a regular basis. Say gday if you see me on my flatbar.
You only see me in June to September. The rest of the year is spent mainly in Tasmania.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:32 pm

master6 wrote:
jasonc wrote: your one of those I see on a regular basis. Say gday if you see me on my flatbar.
You only see me in June to September. The rest of the year is spent mainly in Tasmania.
extremes much?

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:46 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:
warthog1 wrote:Keep them coming Kona :D . One of the best parts of the forum :lol:
This could be one of my best for the year :lol:

that...was fantastic!!!!!! LOL!!!!

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:39 pm

KonaCommuter wrote: This could be one of my best for the year :lol:

:lol:

Great music, loved the comments too :D
Dogs are the best people :wink: