Coming back from Nut out / hernia op

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
BurtO

Coming back from Nut out / hernia op

Postby BurtO » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:50 am

Hiya guys, quick question about hernia op's, I had a nut taken out on Tuesday and whilst they were digging around down there they discovered I had a hernia which they fixed at the same time, 2 for 1 deal!
Ive heard that I cant do any lifting for at least 6 weeks, great news as we have bought a house and will be moving in 4 weeks, so what does this mean in cycling terms , I'm not talking about doing gut busting rides just mild exercise to keep my legs working, how long should I wait to throw my leg over, my bike as well!
Cheers
BurtO

singlespeedscott

Re: Coming back from Nut out / hernia op

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:48 pm

I had an umbilical hernia fixed up a few years ago and was told to lay off the riding for 6 weeks. Listen to the doc. Just go for some long walks 10km or so. By the time you get the go ahead from the surgeon you'll be chomping at the bit rearing to go.

Sorry to hear about your nut but to quote the classic war movie " Big Red One", "Son that's why God gave you two."

gorilla monsoon

Postby gorilla monsoon » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Listen to your doc and know that you will ride faster because you are a stone lighter. :mrgreen:
Not my circus, not my monkeys

AndyTheMan

Postby AndyTheMan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Get on the EPO and you could win the Tour de France a few times ...

(Too soon??!)

BurtO

Postby BurtO » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:37 pm

More jokes about the nut out the better, Ive been building up my material about the nut job OP, "Ive always said my wife's a ball buster" etc, so I like the stone lighter one , hadn't thought of that, will build that into an anecdote. Keep em coming!
Cheers
BurtO

AndyTheMan

Postby AndyTheMan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:25 am

Its good to see you can see the funny side of things BurtO....

...but then again, you always have been a little left of centre....

huh??

huh??

:)

BurtO

Postby BurtO » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 am

Come on guys , I need more jokes as Ive just found out that it was "jack the dancer" in my nut I'm a bit shaken up so I need a good laugh.
Dont hold back.
Cheers
BurtO

DavidI

Postby DavidI » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Well, you've got as many balls as Lance Armstrong... and just as many Tour wins!

gettingfit

Postby gettingfit » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:41 pm

BurtO wrote:Keep em coming!
Was that supposed to be a joke too? LOL

Hope you are going well mate now a little time has passed. I just had 3 hernias fixed (hence finding this thread), although still have my big macadamias, although the left is very tender (apparently being near the nerves the hernia op can cause that).

I've just before bought my first road bike a few days before the op and my cycling shoes, so a little frustrated its all sitting there aching for a rider. I probably could take it for a gentle spin but its only been 2 weeks so don't want to risk it (if I fall of I'll rip my mesh 'inserts' holding my intestines in!).

Hope you are going great guns. :)