Cheap Jerseys

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby Aushiker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:21 am

Cell have some of their jerseys going for $15.00. Just click on the image to be taken to the sale page.

Image

Image

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19396
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

by BNA » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:31 pm

BNA
 

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby calvinlsyd » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:31 pm

i personally dont like cell bike jersey.. their cutting is so so and so is the quality.

I bought a jersey last week (AT) rebel sport for the last tour de france jersey, it was $49.95
calvinlsyd
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:35 pm

I have 2 of these ( http://www.cellbikes.com.au/CELL-Pro2-Cycling-Jersey ) and REALLY like them, they fit well and aren't showing any wear after more than a year.

EDIT: oh and the short finger Cell gloves i have are very good too, and their knicks are the most comfortable i've ever worn.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 5822
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby JustJames » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:49 pm

calvinlsyd wrote:i personally dont like cell bike jersey.. their cutting is so so and so is the quality.

I bought a jersey last week (AT) rebel sport for the last tour de france jersey, it was $49.95


They aren't the greatest, it's true.

But you may have missed this bit...

They cost $15.
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/
User avatar
JustJames
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby boss » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:32 am

I bought a few jerseys and bibs from cycling monton. They're better than expected, quality is what you expect when you're paying $40 for a jersey and bib, but at the same time - you're paying $40 for shorts and a bib.

Did a fairly tough 100km yesterday (classified by strava as extreme) and it was comfortable enough.
Image
User avatar
boss
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby warthog1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:52 am

jimboss wrote:I bought a few jerseys and bibs from cycling monton. They're better than expected, quality is what you expect when you're paying $40 for a jersey and bib, but at the same time - you're paying $40 for shorts and a bib.

Did a fairly tough 100km yesterday (classified by strava as extreme) and it was comfortable enough.


Thanks, that's my price range. :)
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby boss » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:21 am

warthog1 wrote:
jimboss wrote:I bought a few jerseys and bibs from cycling monton. They're better than expected, quality is what you expect when you're paying $40 for a jersey and bib, but at the same time - you're paying $40 for shorts and a bib.

Did a fairly tough 100km yesterday (classified by strava as extreme) and it was comfortable enough.


Thanks, that's my price range. :)


Be careful about sizing though. I'm usually a medium, but was warned about sizing and checked out their size charts. According to their charts, I'm a large so I ordered larges. To be honest I probably could have gone XL in the jerseys, although L will do.

I'm 5'11 and 65-70kg, so by no means would I usually order an XL jersey!
Image
User avatar
boss
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby warthog1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 am

jimboss wrote:
Be careful about sizing though. I'm usually a medium, but was warned about sizing and checked out their size charts. According to their charts, I'm a large so I ordered larges. To be honest I probably could have gone XL in the jerseys, although L will do.

I'm 5'11 and 65-70kg, so by no means would I usually order an XL jersey!


Thanks for the heads up. Sounds similar to Mupi?
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby Ross » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Torpedo 7 have their long sleeve jersey on special for $15 at the moment, only in Small or X-Small though
Image
User avatar
Ross
 
Posts: 3391
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby Aushiker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:54 pm

More from Cell. These ones are $16.50

Image

and these Pearl Izumi ones are $45

Image

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19396
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby kunalraiker » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:32 am

Guys,

Has anyone bought cycling apparels from this place?
How is the quality, also do the bibs have decent cushioning.

http://www.mupicycling.com/
kunalraiker
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:44 am

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby Ross » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:07 am

jimboss wrote:
warthog1 wrote:
jimboss wrote:I bought a few jerseys and bibs from cycling monton. They're better than expected, quality is what you expect when you're paying $40 for a jersey and bib, but at the same time - you're paying $40 for shorts and a bib.

Did a fairly tough 100km yesterday (classified by strava as extreme) and it was comfortable enough.


Thanks, that's my price range. :)


Be careful about sizing though. I'm usually a medium, but was warned about sizing and checked out their size charts. According to their charts, I'm a large so I ordered larges. To be honest I probably could have gone XL in the jerseys, although L will do.

I'm 5'11 and 65-70kg, so by no means would I usually order an XL jersey!


I'm around the same height and weight as you and have several Monton kits and find medium is right size for me
Image
User avatar
Ross
 
Posts: 3391
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby bardygrub » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 am

kunalraiker wrote:Guys,

Has anyone bought cycling apparels from this place?
How is the quality, also do the bibs have decent cushioning.

http://www.mupicycling.com/

just had a look at this site, and the tell tale signs are its monton clothing. Monntons Liquigas gear has black bottoms on there long bib pants and the pic of the liquigas mittons along with the pants is the same on both sites.

Stick with monton as alot of members and myself have purchased through these guys with little issues.Monton have the new Cannondale pro cycling kit already along with the new look astana.
Image
Image
User avatar
bardygrub
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: North East Victoria

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby boss » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:16 am

bardygrub wrote:
kunalraiker wrote:Guys,

Has anyone bought cycling apparels from this place?
How is the quality, also do the bibs have decent cushioning.

http://www.mupicycling.com/

just had a look at this site, and the tell tale signs are its monton clothing. Monntons Liquigas gear has black bottoms on there long bib pants and the pic of the liquigas mittons along with the pants is the same on both sites.

Stick with monton as alot of members and myself have purchased through these guys with little issues.Monton have the new Cannondale pro cycling kit already along with the new look astana.


Yeah Monton bibs are great, I'd happily pay twice the money for their bibs.

Only complaint is that they can be really slow at getting stuff shipped out, even when you pay for express EMS.
Image
User avatar
boss
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby kunalraiker » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 am

jimboss wrote:
bardygrub wrote:
kunalraiker wrote:Guys,

Has anyone bought cycling apparels from this place?
How is the quality, also do the bibs have decent cushioning.

http://www.mupicycling.com/

just had a look at this site, and the tell tale signs are its monton clothing. Monntons Liquigas gear has black bottoms on there long bib pants and the pic of the liquigas mittons along with the pants is the same on both sites.

Stick with monton as alot of members and myself have purchased through these guys with little issues.Monton have the new Cannondale pro cycling kit already along with the new look astana.


Yeah Monton bibs are great, I'd happily pay twice the money for their bibs.

Only complaint is that they can be really slow at getting stuff shipped out, even when you pay for express EMS.


How are the sizes, do we have to order one size larger ?
kunalraiker
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:44 am

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby boss » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:25 am

kunalraiker wrote:
jimboss wrote:
bardygrub wrote:just had a look at this site, and the tell tale signs are its monton clothing. Monntons Liquigas gear has black bottoms on there long bib pants and the pic of the liquigas mittons along with the pants is the same on both sites.

Stick with monton as alot of members and myself have purchased through these guys with little issues.Monton have the new Cannondale pro cycling kit already along with the new look astana.


Yeah Monton bibs are great, I'd happily pay twice the money for their bibs.

Only complaint is that they can be really slow at getting stuff shipped out, even when you pay for express EMS.


How are the sizes, do we have to order one size larger ?


Use the size charts they provide. Sizes tend to run small, you may need to order one or two sizes bigger than usual.
Image
User avatar
boss
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby bardygrub » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 pm

jimboss wrote:
bardygrub wrote:
kunalraiker wrote:Guys,

Has anyone bought cycling apparels from this place?
How is the quality, also do the bibs have decent cushioning.

http://www.mupicycling.com/

just had a look at this site, and the tell tale signs are its monton clothing. Monntons Liquigas gear has black bottoms on there long bib pants and the pic of the liquigas mittons along with the pants is the same on both sites.

Stick with monton as alot of members and myself have purchased through these guys with little issues.Monton have the new Cannondale pro cycling kit already along with the new look astana.


Yeah Monton bibs are great, I'd happily pay twice the money for their bibs.

Only complaint is that they can be really slow at getting stuff shipped out, even when you pay for express EMS.

I have placed about ten orders withem now, the only time i waited was when i ordered a thermal kit(3weeks) as they made it and didnt have in stock. Never pay for ems as it will not change how quick you get it as most of the time when you oredr a kit (as long as its in stock) you will have it with in ten days.
Image
Image
User avatar
bardygrub
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: North East Victoria

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby bardygrub » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:02 pm

kuna... +1 with using there size chart, send them an email and say that bardygrub sent you and you will get VIP pricing. Im 6'2" ,96ish kg and i order the XL in Bib nicks and jersey. :wink:
Image
Image
User avatar
bardygrub
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: North East Victoria

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby boss » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:03 pm

bardygrub wrote:
jimboss wrote:
bardygrub wrote:just had a look at this site, and the tell tale signs are its monton clothing. Monntons Liquigas gear has black bottoms on there long bib pants and the pic of the liquigas mittons along with the pants is the same on both sites.

Stick with monton as alot of members and myself have purchased through these guys with little issues.Monton have the new Cannondale pro cycling kit already along with the new look astana.


Yeah Monton bibs are great, I'd happily pay twice the money for their bibs.

Only complaint is that they can be really slow at getting stuff shipped out, even when you pay for express EMS.

I have placed about ten orders withem now, the only time i waited was when i ordered a thermal kit(3weeks) as they made it and didnt have in stock. Never pay for ems as it will not change how quick you get it as most of the time when you oredr a kit (as long as its in stock) you will have it with in ten days.


Not to get in a slinging match - I know experiences can be variable - but I've had two orders from them and both didn't get shipped out for over 10 days. One was for a pair of shades, the other was for a few different kits.

The shades took ten days, the kit took 21 days. They were quite evasive about the kit - they insisted it had been sent, but no events were lodged against the tracking number. I got quite frayed about the situation, lodged a dispute, and when Paypal finally said they were going to refund me, WHAM an event got loaded on the tracking number and I had my gear in under a week.

Even given that experience I'd still deal with them again, their team kits are solid and the prices are unbelievable really.

Their sunglasses are crappy knock-offs and overpriced, though.
Image
User avatar
boss
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby bardygrub » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 pm

No good jimboss, yeah i had a long wait with the thermal kit as it was thier and europe's summer and our winter but thay did let me know after two weeks of waiting that it had been sent.After that incedent i would always send an email requesting conformation of instock and con note number. Yeah there Oakleys are a bit flimsey.

p.s no slinging match here. :wink:
Image
Image
User avatar
bardygrub
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: North East Victoria

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby kunalraiker » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 pm

I just placed an order for Large jersey and bib, waiting time starts!
kunalraiker
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:44 am

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby bardygrub » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:34 am

kunalraiker wrote:I just placed an order for Large jersey and bib, waiting time starts!

Hope its not to long of a wait, send them an email and ask for conformation with there order number(you can get this by going into your orders) they will send you a con note number.
Image
Image
User avatar
bardygrub
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: North East Victoria

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby Ross » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 am

jimboss wrote:Not to get in a slinging match - I know experiences can be variable - but I've had two orders from them and both didn't get shipped out for over 10 days. One was for a pair of shades, the other was for a few different kits.

The shades took ten days, the kit took 21 days. They were quite evasive about the kit - they insisted it had been sent, but no events were lodged against the tracking number. I got quite frayed about the situation, lodged a dispute, and when Paypal finally said they were going to refund me, WHAM an event got loaded on the tracking number and I had my gear in under a week.

Even given that experience I'd still deal with them again, their team kits are solid and the prices are unbelievable really.



I had a similar experience with them and like you it wasn't until I opened a PP dispute did the goods miracliously arrive. Waited about 50 days for a thermal jersey. I have had several other purchases from them that have all been ok, a bit slow in receiving, but ok. Could be the fault of the postal service.
Image
User avatar
Ross
 
Posts: 3391
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby bardygrub » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 am

One of the guys had one of those cell tops on yesterdays ride..... they look $15 worth to, but you get what you pay for. I wouldnt pay 15 bucks for one though.
Image
Image
User avatar
bardygrub
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: North East Victoria

Re: Cheap Jerseys

Postby Wakatuki » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm

bardygrub wrote:kuna... +1 with using there size chart, send them an email and say that bardygrub sent you and you will get VIP pricing. Im 6'2" ,96ish kg and i order the XL in Bib nicks and jersey. :wink:



I'm 188cm (6'2") and 99kg so I think I will go with your sizing!

Can I use your name too for VIP?
User avatar
Wakatuki
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:15 pm
Location: Qld

PreviousNext

Return to Buying a bike / parts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist