Knee pain

I'm not a doctor but… 
Cycling injury, recovery and health issues.
Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.

Knee pain

Postby charliecat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:18 pm

I was out for a ride yesterday and came to a narrow bridge where the road went from two lanes to one lane in both directions. I got out of the saddle and powered on to stay in behind the traffic. On my down stroke with my left leg i felt a pain in the muscles down the front of my leg close to the knee. I can still ride and walk with no problems however when i walk down stairs and load up my leg i get pain in the knee area.

I am not sure whether i should stop riding completly and just rest it or can i still get out and "spin" without putting too much strain oon my knee?
charliecat

by BNA » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:53 pm

BNA

Re: Knee pain

Postby sogood » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Pain is nature's way of telling its subjects to back off, mostly for good reasons. Have it checked by a professional.

You know that...
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby BarryTas » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:08 pm

charliecat wrote:I was out for a ride yesterday and came to a narrow bridge where the road went from two lanes to one lane in both directions. I got out of the saddle and powered on to stay in behind the traffic. On my down stroke with my left leg i felt a pain in the muscles down the front of my leg close to the knee. I can still ride and walk with no problems however when i walk down stairs and load up my leg i get pain in the knee area.

I am not sure whether i should stop riding completly and just rest it or can i still get out and "spin" without putting too much strain oon my knee?

when i had pain walking down stairs i had to see a phsyio - i was off the bike for a week or two

Have it checked by a professional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when do we stop for coffee???

BarryTas

Postby charliecat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Thanks guys, i am booked in to get it checked out.
I think i am just living in denial to think that im going to be off the bike for a week or two :cry: and i just built up my new frame set and got two rides in!!!
charliecat

Return to Cycling Health