Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby Farsports » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm Smart. I'am happy to be a member. It's my honor to follow up the new posts and try my best to offer help. :)
Farsports
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

by BNA » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:33 pm

BNA
 

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby warthog1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi Smart, good to have you here.
Does your company have plans to produce carbon wheels with a toroidal rim shape or rims that are wider than the current wedge shaped wheels you offer?
The current wheels are awesome for the price, but some more aero designs would be great.
User avatar
warthog1
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby Arlberg » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Ok, here are some questions for you.

1. A lot of people are reporting great difficulty in getting the tyres on and off your M series rims. It is just do-able while at home in the garage, but very difficult to do while out on the road when you get a flat. Has Farsports looked into this? It seems your M series road wheels are almost too big. Even a 1 mm reduction in rim diameter would help to fix this problem.

2. Do you have any plans to produce a 50mm clincher with an aluminium braking surface, similar to the 38mmm one you have now? Perhaps it will be called the FSC-50CA? How much would this wheelset weigh if you did decide to produce them? I think they would be very popular.

3. How does the constuction and materials of the new Sun Wheels compare to the M series wheels, and why are the Sun Wheels so much heavier?

4. Can you also please post a list of all the hub options you have available to purchase with your wheels, ie Bitex, Edhubs, Swiss DT 240's, Novatec etc and the weights of each hubset? This would be very useful.

5. Do Farsports have any plans to produce wider road rims as is the current trend set by companies such as ZIPP? Rim width seems to be around 22mm these days (instead of 19mm) and the cross section of the newer rims is moving away from the older style 'V' shape for more aerodynamics. Does Farsports have any plans to produce these new shapes?
Arlberg
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Mod Says: This post was reported and fairly so. The correct approach for forum participation by commercial businesses is to answer relevant questions rather that to create new posts related to your products. In this case an exception has been granted as 1) it wasn't overly commercial, 2) there is genuine member interest 3) the purpose of the post is to create a direct contact for member questions about these products. As a note - it is ALWAYs useful for commercial businesses to make contact with the admin ( [email protected] ) before participation.
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9056
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby MichaelB » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Arlberg wrote:Ok, here are some questions for you.

....
5. Do Farsports have any plans to produce wider road rims as is the current trend set by companies such as ZIPP? Rim width seems to be around 22mm these days (instead of 19mm) and the cross section of the newer rims is moving away from the older style 'V' shape for more aerodynamics. Does Farsports have any plans to produce these new shapes?


They do already to a point. Their 29er rims are 23mm wide (these are what I am using on my build). Mine were 371 and 375g ea

Personally, I'd love to see some 38mm deep AND wide rims :D
User avatar
MichaelB
 
Posts: 6824
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby usernameforme » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:57 pm

MichaelB wrote:Personally, I'd love to see some 38mm deep AND wide rims :D


IIRC, they already make this... I would love to see this with an alloy brake track for those who descend in the wet. I don't know of any deep and wide rims with an alloy braking surface that are under $300
I'm selling/swapping my Giant Defy Advanced see here
usernameforme
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:01 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby MichaelB » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:56 pm

usernameforme wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Personally, I'd love to see some 38mm deep AND wide rims :D


IIRC, they already make this... I would love to see this with an alloy brake track for those who descend in the wet. I don't know of any deep and wide rims with an alloy braking surface that are under $300


Only in Tubular, not clincher :|
User avatar
MichaelB
 
Posts: 6824
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby usernameforme » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Just checked my catalogue again, its the FSJ-38C-23 (23mm wide 38mm deep carbon clincher).
I'm selling/swapping my Giant Defy Advanced see here
usernameforme
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:01 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby Farsports » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:58 pm

warthog1 wrote:Hi Smart, good to have you here.
Does your company have plans to produce carbon wheels with a toroidal rim shape or rims that are wider than the current wedge shaped wheels you offer?
The current wheels are awesome for the price, but some more aero designs would be great.



Hi, :D
We have some width whees currently. The width is 23mm and some model also have 24mm.
As for toroidal rim,I am sorry I can not give a exact answer. It is depend on our reseaching department plan. But when I have this news,I will post it on at once. 8)
Farsports
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby MichaelB » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:34 am

usernameforme wrote:Just checked my catalogue again, its the FSJ-38C-23 (23mm wide 38mm deep carbon clincher).


Linky please, as I couldn't find it on the site I looked at.

Had another look at http://www.farsports.cn and couldn't find the rim you mentioned in either road, CX or MTB.

But then I can be stoopid at times :)
User avatar
MichaelB
 
Posts: 6824
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby winstonw » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:11 am

I find Farsports website is in need of serious updating. It appears their new commercial store is more orderly and up to date.
http://www.wheelsfar.com/

Smart, I am also interested in when aluminium brake surfaces will be introduced, and what depth is intended.
User avatar
winstonw
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby MichaelB » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:34 am

winstonw wrote:I find Farsports website is in need of serious updating. It appears their new commercial store is more orderly and up to date.
http://www.wheelsfar.com/

Smart, I am also interested in when aluminium brake surfaces will be introduced, and what depth is intended.


Thanks for the new link, but can't find them there either.

Doesn't even show their rims ?!

Tried their search function with no luck either. :?
User avatar
MichaelB
 
Posts: 6824
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby Farsports » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Arlberg wrote:Ok, here are some questions for you.

1. A lot of people are reporting great difficulty in getting the tyres on and off your M series rims. It is just do-able while at home in the garage, but very difficult to do while out on the road when you get a flat. Has Farsports looked into this? It seems your M series road wheels are almost too big. Even a 1 mm reduction in rim diameter would help to fix this problem.

2. Do you have any plans to produce a 50mm clincher with an aluminium braking surface, similar to the 38mmm one you have now? Perhaps it will be called the FSC-50CA? How much would this wheelset weigh if you did decide to produce them? I think they would be very popular.

3. How does the constuction and materials of the new Sun Wheels compare to the M series wheels, and why are the Sun Wheels so much heavier?

4. Can you also please post a list of all the hub options you have available to purchase with your wheels, ie Bitex, Edhubs, Swiss DT 240's, Novatec etc and the weights of each hubset? This would be very useful.

5. Do Farsports have any plans to produce wider road rims as is the current trend set by companies such as ZIPP? Rim width seems to be around 22mm these days (instead of 19mm) and the cross section of the newer rims is moving away from the older style 'V' shape for more aerodynamics. Does Farsports have any plans to produce these new shapes?


Hi, Here is Smart :) Sorry to answer your questions delay due to lots of normal sales duties to do.

1, Sorry to hear the problem in mounting tyres. This mould is standard 700c road rims mould as same as other moulds. I will confirm it with our engineers. This problem happened in the first mounting or always diffcult ?

2, Yes, 50mm clincher version with alloy brake surface is being tested now. The weight is about 510g/piece. It maybe on the market next month. And thank you for your support,you are right,we will call it FSC50-CA.

3, For sunwheels with clincher version, we build them up by that rims with high-temperature resisting brake surface.
For sunwheels with tubular version,we build them up by N series rims with basalt brake surface.
Above are only the basic configuration of sunwheels. Usually, we assemble the sunwheels as customers' demand in weight.

4, Hub weight list:
Bitex: 70g(front),235g(rear)
Novatec: 70g(front),245g(rear)
EDhubs: 65g(front), 192g(rear)
DT swiss 240s: 105g(front),209g(rear)
Yuhubs(straight pull): 86g(front), 219g(rear)

5, Now we have 23mm width rims available.Some models have 24mm width now.As for the new shape rims, I am sorry I can not give the enough info because I have not get the news from our R&D people :( .
Farsports
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby Farsports » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 pm

winstonw wrote:I find Farsports website is in need of serious updating. It appears their new commercial store is more orderly and up to date.
http://www.wheelsfar.com/

Smart, I am also interested in when aluminium brake surfaces will be introduced, and what depth is intended.



Hi, Smart is here...

Now only 38mm clincher with alloy brake surface on selling. 50mm version with alloy brake surface is being tested now.
It maybe on the market next month. Thank you for your support.

I will update the www.wheelsfars.com and put the alloy brake surface versions on it.
Farsports
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby Farsports » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:45 pm

MichaelB wrote:
winstonw wrote:I find Farsports website is in need of serious updating. It appears their new commercial store is more orderly and up to date.
http://www.wheelsfar.com/

Smart, I am also interested in when aluminium brake surfaces will be introduced, and what depth is intended.


Thanks for the new link, but can't find them there either.

Doesn't even show their rims ?!

Tried their search function with no luck either. :?



Sorry, I will update it today with this version.... :)
Farsports
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby usernameforme » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:21 pm

MichaelB wrote:Linky please, as I couldn't find it on the site I looked at.

This was out of my catalogue, not off the website. So I guess it means it'll be a new product for 2013...

@winstonw: According to my catalogue, a 38mm deep, 20.5mm wide clincher will be introduced with a machined alloy braking surface weight is 470 +/- 10%... However according to their website, it'll be 450g +/- 10%

I'm not sure how accurate this information is, hope Farsports can chime in and confirm/reject this. I am getting this info from their catalogue which was sent to me a few months ago, so could be out of date
I'm selling/swapping my Giant Defy Advanced see here
usernameforme
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:01 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby MichaelB » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:52 pm

usernameforme wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Linky please, as I couldn't find it on the site I looked at.

This was out of my catalogue, not off the website. So I guess it means it'll be a new product for 2013...

....


:?:


:shock:

:|
User avatar
MichaelB
 
Posts: 6824
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby winstonw » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:34 pm

MichaelB wrote:Thanks for the new link, but can't find them there either.

Doesn't even show their rims ?!

Tried their search function with no luck either. :?


hmmm.....hadn't noticed rims are not included. Seems Farsports need to shape up their web presence or presences!

Smart, hint......most business websites have a "News" tab. Could I suggest Farsports use theirs. You know everyone is interested in alloy brake surfaces, many are interested in mtb and cyclocross carbon clinchers....how about posting progress reports on your news web page re this stuff.

Can I also suggest your R&D dept would give Farsports a marketing edge if they were more transparent about stuff in the pipeline.

As you'd also know, many buyers have commented that your wheels are often difficult to get tires on. Maybe you could do some testing of various tires, and other carbon wheels, to find out why apparently more people are having isuses with yours. Maybe Zipp etc are making their rims slightly under sized so tires are easier on/off. Anyway, it is a problem that needs to stop. Many females and smaller guys could not change a flat if the fit is too tight. Farsports don't want a reputation for that.
User avatar
winstonw
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby usernameforme » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:46 pm

@MichaelB; I'm sure if you ask for one Farsports will give you one...
I'm selling/swapping my Giant Defy Advanced see here
usernameforme
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:01 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby Farsports » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm

winstonw wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Thanks for the new link, but can't find them there either.

Doesn't even show their rims ?!

Tried their search function with no luck either. :?


hmmm.....hadn't noticed rims are not included. Seems Farsports need to shape up their web presence or presences!

Smart, hint......most business websites have a "News" tab. Could I suggest Farsports use theirs. You know everyone is interested in alloy brake surfaces, many are interested in mtb and cyclocross carbon clinchers....how about posting progress reports on your news web page re this stuff.

Can I also suggest your R&D dept would give Farsports a marketing edge if they were more transparent about stuff in the pipeline.

As you'd also know, many buyers have commented that your wheels are often difficult to get tires on. Maybe you could do some testing of various tires, and other carbon wheels, to find out why apparently more people are having isuses with yours. Maybe Zipp etc are making their rims slightly under sized so tires are easier on/off. Anyway, it is a problem that needs to stop. Many females and smaller guys could not change a flat if the fit is too tight. Farsports don't want a reputation for that.



Hi...
Thank you for your new suggestion. I have put 38mm clincher with alloy brake surface on www.wheelsfar.com
As for case of mounting tyre,I have feedback to our engineers today. They will check it and give a answer soon. :D
Farsports
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby Farsports » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 pm

usernameforme wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Linky please, as I couldn't find it on the site I looked at.

This was out of my catalogue, not off the website. So I guess it means it'll be a new product for 2013...

@winstonw: According to my catalogue, a 38mm deep, 20.5mm wide clincher will be introduced with a machined alloy braking surface weight is 470 +/- 10%... However according to their website, it'll be 450g +/- 10%

I'm not sure how accurate this information is, hope Farsports can chime in and confirm/reject this. I am getting this info from their catalogue which was sent to me a few months ago, so could be out of date


Hi, Smart here now!!
The 470g+/-10g is the correct now. We have made some imporvment later. The 450g+/-10g is the old one.
Our web keeper have not correct it timely. Please accept my apologies for our delaying in working. :(
Farsports
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby MichaelB » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:30 am

Hi Smart,

Can I suggest one improvement to your web pages.

Have the SAME information catagories one each of the pages for the relative products. For example, have the same details for each rim/wheel type so that we can compare. It's annoying when one piece of key data is on one page but not another.

Also, is there, or is there not a 38mm deep x 23 or 24mm wide full carbon clincher rim available ? If so, what are the dimensions (dwg would be great) and weight of the rim ? I can't see anything on this mythical FSJ-38C-23 ....
User avatar
MichaelB
 
Posts: 6824
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby Farsports » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:18 pm

MichaelB wrote:Hi Smart,

Can I suggest one improvement to your web pages.

Have the SAME information catagories one each of the pages for the relative products. For example, have the same details for each rim/wheel type so that we can compare. It's annoying when one piece of key data is on one page but not another.

Also, is there, or is there not a 38mm deep x 23 or 24mm wide full carbon clincher rim available ? If so, what are the dimensions (dwg would be great) and weight of the rim ? I can't see anything on this mythical FSJ-38C-23 ....


Hi,this is Smart now!

Thank you very much for your sugguestion about the improvement to the web pages.Our web keepers are updating it now.
They will do the partitions as the different series of rims/wheels.In order to improve international realm name, our keeper upgrate www.farsports.cn into www.farsports.com
All data including some technologies can be download at this new international realm name.

The 38mm deep with 23mm width are available. The size is 572mm(ERD),weight is 430g+/-10g/Piece. But the brake surface is not basalt. It is high-temperature resisting brake surface.

I am really sorry for some late in answering. And thank you very much for your suggestion.
Farsports
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:39 pm

MichaelB wrote:
winstonw wrote:I find Farsports website is in need of serious updating. It appears their new commercial store is more orderly and up to date.
http://www.wheelsfar.com/

Yeah, first time I have looked at this website... first thing that caught my eye was a picture of a guy riding Zipp wheels :?
Image
User avatar
toolonglegs
 
Posts: 14353
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: Farsports - Happy to answer your questions

Postby Farsports » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:16 pm

toolonglegs wrote:
MichaelB wrote:
winstonw wrote:I find Farsports website is in need of serious updating. It appears their new commercial store is more orderly and up to date.
http://www.wheelsfar.com/

Yeah, first time I have looked at this website... first thing that caught my eye was a picture of a guy riding Zipp wheels :?


Hi,this is Smart again. Have a nice weekend!

We are sorry for this mistake in putting this wrong photo. The web keepers are correcting it now.
Please accept our apologies for this case! Thanks&Best Regards!
Farsports
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Next

Return to Generic Carbon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit