I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

User avatar
twizzle
Posts: 6386
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:45 am
Location: Taking a break.

Re: I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

Postby twizzle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:36 am

jcjordan wrote:
twizzle wrote:He's taking the piss. He knows I'm saint-like compared to some.

eg, sending a driver back into his car with the words "I'll pull your bollocks over your head and ride you like a horse".


Sent from my iThingy...

I think I that statement adequately got my belief across that his driving standards needed improvement


Lol - you noticed I didn't say that YOU were the person who said that.
I ride, therefore I am.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11746
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks Fiona for having the guts to share, and the common decency to follow through.
At the end of the day it is unfortunately better not to challenge - but the backup plan is to get a camera and this way you have something tangible.

jcjordan
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

Postby jcjordan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 pm

twizzle wrote:
jcjordan wrote:
twizzle wrote:He's taking the piss. He knows I'm saint-like compared to some.

eg, sending a driver back into his car with the words "I'll pull your bollocks over your head and ride you like a horse".


Sent from my iThingy...

I think I that statement adequately got my belief across that his driving standards needed improvement


Lol - you noticed I didn't say that YOU were the person who said that.


Sometimes the best defense oscillations a good offence. Fiona take heart there Srebrenica time when forceful action is necessary
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

g-boaf
Posts: 7496
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

Postby g-boaf » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Great result Fiona! And keep up the riding. :D

User avatar
JustJames
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:50 am

Re: I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

Postby JustJames » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:40 am

jcjordan wrote:
Sometimes the best defense oscillations a good offence. Fiona take heart there Srebrenica time when forceful action is necessary



Genuine question, jcjordan: Is the above what you intended to write? I understand every single word, but I don't understand either sentence.
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/

jcjordan
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

Postby jcjordan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:28 pm

JustJames wrote:
jcjordan wrote:
Sometimes the best defense oscillations a good offence. Fiona take heart there Srebrenica time when forceful action is necessary



Genuine question, jcjordan: Is the above what you intended to write? I understand every single word, but I don't understand either sentence.

New phone still have some problem with the auto correct and was a bit tired

What I was intending to say was....
Sometimes the best defense is a good offence. Fiona take heart there are times when forceful action is necessary
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

User avatar
il padrone
Posts: 22931
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: Heading for home.

Re: I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

Postby il padrone » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:32 pm

So where did Srebrenica go? And what happened to the cyclists there?


:P :lol: :lol: :?
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

fionahills
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

Postby fionahills » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:15 pm

thanks for clearing that up - I was a tad confused.... :D

User avatar
damhooligan
Posts: 3409
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:16 pm
Location: melbourne
Contact:

Re: I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

Postby damhooligan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:08 am

fionahills wrote:RESPONSE FROM BUS COMPANY - Huge kudos :D :D

got a call this morning from company -the guy was absolutely awesome - HE IS A CYCLIST - totally understood how incident affected me - is working hard to id the bus driver - who did not report it - as per company rules - has an idea who it is.....says he has 'form'.....he was so nice - said should not worry about the 'smack' - understood totally....still promised to pass on my apologies but said that the bus driver had more to worry about than seeking to charge me....

Thanks for encouraging me to report it - my faith is restored - yeah I know a bit corny..... :oops: Fiona



Awesome. 8)
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

User avatar
Byke
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: I have bought Cyclists into Disrepute - Sorry

Postby Byke » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 pm

AUbicycles wrote:but the backup plan is to get a camera and this way you have something tangible.


Not trying to derail this, but there's an interesting bike helmet camera project on Kickstarter at the moment. Melbourne-based 3-time Olympian cyclist Josiah Ng is seeking funding to produce a lightweight, streamlined, helmet-mounted device with cameras facing both forwards and behind.

As cameras like these become more popular (and well known to drivers) one hopes it will help moderate the behaviour of all but the worst of the hoons.
byke.com.au - Find the cheapest cycling gear from your favourite stores

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BenGr