Moron Motorists #3

Ross

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Ross » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Yes, I've had a couple of near misses at Theodore St as well but it's usually drivers hurtling down the hill a and not giving way at the bottom. Glad you are OK. I will keep a look out for green bubble cars with stupid woman driving. Maybe you need one of those AirZound horns to get their attention. Or a Smith and Wesson...

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Saw a "P"rofessional driver this afternoon on the way home. The young woman driving the car, adorned with Green P-Plates, was such an expert driver that she has mastered the art of driving with no hands, holding a mobile phone whilst tapping away with both thumbs on the device. Not looking out the windscreen at what is going on around her, sails straight through a pedestrian crossing without a car in the world, texting on her merry way.
Yes, the new mobile phone laws in NSW are working very well!

Meanwhile, in another part of the city there is a police office chasing down a rougue helmetless cyclist on a shared path *sigh*
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:14 am

Doesn't get much closer. My socks were fitting for the occasion. And someone mentioned was the camera view useful?

human909

Postby human909 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:30 am

Crawf wrote:And someone mentioned was the camera view useful?
Needs less crotch! :oops:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:37 am

Crawf wrote:Doesn't get much closer.
:shock:
what was the "conversation"?

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:39 am

human909 wrote:
Chicks dig it :P

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:39 am

human909 wrote:
At least the legs were shaved :wink:

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:40 am

jasonc wrote:
Crawf wrote:Doesn't get much closer.
:shock:
what was the "conversation"?
Something like this... "Mate f--king look" *points two fingers at eyes*

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:47 am

Got my first recorded idiot P plater yesterday...the passenger obviously thought it was very funny going by the smile on his stupid dial. Video clearly shows they altered their line for the purpose of trying to scare me

http://youtu.be/13m2W_EXpBM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

burger

Postby burger » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 am

What is it with me, Milsons Point and utes . . .
Yesterday arvo a BIG red Amarock VW ute does the 'come out halfway out before looking' thing :shock: just as I 'm coming past :roll:
Someone is trying to tell me to start going the other way and climb more hills I think.
The world is round, so what seems like the end may actually be the beginning.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Crawf wrote:Doesn't get much closer. My socks were fitting for the occasion. And someone mentioned was the camera view useful?

:shock: holy hell that was WAAY too close, scary just watching it :shock:
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Lazyweek

Postby Lazyweek » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Geez that was close Crawf!

I had a motorist (4wd) try to do a U-turn while I was riding along the bike lane. I had plenty of room to avoid a collision but still had to hit the brakes and alter my line (to avoid what looked like a potential collision - he obviously did see me though).

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:13 am

Crawf wrote:Doesn't get much closer. My socks were fitting for the occasion. And someone mentioned was the camera view useful?
Holy heck, too close!
Crawf wrote:Chicks dig it :P
Some guys probably do as well. :shock: :oops:

I had my first idiot driver yesterday too. Rolling up behind a little 4wd (RAV4 or Benz GLK style thing) stopped at a side street junction waiting to turn onto the main road, she then decided to engage reverse. :shock: Just as soon as she did that, she decided to put on the brakes. No harm done.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Damn that was close Crawf.

Had a reminder of how stupid some drivers are yesterday. Riding the Riverloop and some woman who could just see over the steering wheel instead of reversing a bit in her parking spot and then merging at a better and easier angle decided to pull a very quick tight and sharp right to get out of her parking spot just as I was going past. After I passed I looked behind and she didn't even tap the brakes and continued like nothing happened. In the process of getting out of the parking spot she basically ended up running about half a cars width along the gutter on the opposite side of the road. If there were parked cars there she would have needed to do a multiple point turn or hit a reset button.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:58 pm

There are lots of them (moron motorists)

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/fatigue-and-m ... 2ay5n.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
However, police expected about 30 of this year's deaths to be excluded from the final figures as investigations were expected to show they were the result of factors such as medical conditions or suicides.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/fatigue-and-m ... z2ELZzQXC2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For god's sake, why exclude these??? They are still deaths resulting from abuse of the privilege to drive a motor vehicle on our roads.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm

disagree. suicide results from the decision to end your life, heart attack results from physiological factors. they're not attributable to motoring or road safety efforts.

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 am

jules21 wrote:disagree. suicide results from the decision to end your life, heart attack results from physiological factors. they're not attributable to motoring or road safety efforts.

Medically and/or psychologically unfit to operate a motor vehicle sounds reasonable to me.
2012 Oppy A4

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 am

KonaCommuter wrote:
jules21 wrote:disagree. suicide results from the decision to end your life, heart attack results from physiological factors. they're not attributable to motoring or road safety efforts.

Medically and/or psychologically unfit to operate a motor vehicle sounds reasonable to me.
+1

Purt

Postby Purt » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:59 pm

1: Completely failed brake test. He was looking in his rear view mirror smiling the whole time.

2: This morning up at Mt Mee. We were riding 2 abreast (just 2 of us). Mate was basically riding in the gutter so it was pretty much the same room as 1 rider would take up. The passenger yells out for us to get off the road. Mate yells out something about loving them (no homo). They stop. Driver tells me single file only. I tell him it's legal to ride 2 abreast. He swears. Passenger swears. They attempt to hook the trailer into my mate.

brett.hooker

Postby brett.hooker » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Pretty good shots of the plates there Purt... Hope lots of people get to see them... :-)
Loving my Merida's and working towards adding a Pinarello to the stable... Go go go...

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:25 pm

You should really consider reporting that second incident mate.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:You should really consider reporting that second incident mate.
Shouldn't consider it, you should do it. Road rage and menacing behavior.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Kenzo wrote:
+1, and make sure they know they were being filmed, might make them think twice before doing it again.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:26 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
Kenzo wrote:
+1, and make sure they know they were being filmed, might make them think twice before doing it again.
I wonder, with some of them the fact they are being filmed just stirs them up even more. Better to just let them get a surprise visit from the Police later on IMO.

Disgraceful behaviour from the ute driver!

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Purt wrote:2: This morning up at Mt Mee. We were riding 2 abreast (just 2 of us). Mate was basically riding in the gutter so it was pretty much the same room as 1 rider would take up. The passenger yells out for us to get off the road. Mate yells out something about loving them (no homo). They stop. Driver tells me single file only. I tell him it's legal to ride 2 abreast. He swears. Passenger swears. They attempt to hook the trailer into my mate.
That's disgusting! Some people are just complete scumbags.