Bike Gallery

g-boaf

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby g-boaf » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Looks good in black, wheels suit it well. :)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:48 pm

simple wrote:just don't mind the messy garden, fellas. i'll eventually get to gardening once i come off the bikes :roll: :mrgreen:
I was going to comment on it. With a garden like that, you obviously use your bikes. both very nice

snark

Postby snark » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 pm

jasonc wrote:
simple wrote:just don't mind the messy garden, fellas. i'll eventually get to gardening once i come off the bikes :roll: :mrgreen:
I was going to comment on it. With a garden like that, you obviously use your bikes. both very nice
Hmm, I thought that garden looked quite clean!
Phil Liggett, TdF 2011, Alpe-d'Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow."

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:15 pm

snark wrote:
jasonc wrote:
Hmm, I thought that garden looked quite clean!
i'm looking at my shuffling feet

booge

Postby booge » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 pm

That roadie looks very similar to the Venge....very nice. How does the 29er ride?

Junglemaster

Postby Junglemaster » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 pm

My new bike :D picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

Took a lot to convince my wife that I needed a new one :o

simple

Postby simple » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:02 pm

booge wrote:How does the 29er ride?
in comparison to a 26er, its plenty faster on the straights but its not as agile. the fork is a gary fisher g2 from a superfly which supposedly helps but its still not quite there, even noticeable by me whose not so great on the mtbs. that being said, give me speed over agility any day. i wont give up the 29er with the g2 for a 26er, not a chance!

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Junglemaster wrote:My new bike :D picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

Took a lot to convince my wife that I needed a new one :o
Nice one Tarzan :wink:

So exactly how did you convince the wife? I need your expertise :mrgreen:

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Wow those seat stays are teensy tiny! And the spoking pattern on the rear wheel is well cool :) .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Chef

Postby Chef » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Another Lynskey......

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Chef wrote:Another Lynskey......

Love it, except that highly excited saddle. :)

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 am

It's a Brooks, man...it's gotta be nose-up!

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 am

familyguy wrote:It's a Brooks, man...it's gotta be nose-up!

I understand it is a Brooks, but just not sure it would be comfortable at that angle. I might be wrong. :)

Chef

Postby Chef » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:50 pm

norbs wrote:

I understand it is a Brooks, but just not sure it would be comfortable at that angle. I might be wrong. :)

Hi,

The saddle is pretty level (and very comfortable) - i think it looks like that because of the layback seatpost and the angle of the photo

Cheers
Phil

flow.rider

Postby flow.rider » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 pm

:D

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Been a bit of a population boom in my fleet, closing down on end of first year of cycling every day, no personal car/motorcycle/scooter anymore, so justifications have come easy. The latest offender, decided to cut corners on the bike to allow more cake eating.

Cannondale Hooligan Lefty that a bike shop customised a bit with 105 9 speed, Kojak 1.35" slicks and white hydraulics, I added comfier white seat and steerer riser.

A couple weeks before that looking for parts stumbled on a stock Scott Scale 50 from a BNA local, intended to use it for parts but was too nice and near new to break up, so gave it some lippy and a new frock from clearance bin items ;)
Due to the low frame seat tube, allowed the Tyke Toter front seat to be used perfectly (though I forgot to fit the foot pegs) still four Tasmanian thumbs up :)

Both of these eventuated from the curse of looking for parts for first bike build starting from a bare frame, Voodoo Sobo (Scandium/Carbon/7005) in candy apple red.

Before any of these were glimmers in my eye, I had been looking/thinking about a stretch cruiser for full leg extension pedalling with flat footing stops to allow front seat for daughter. I had considered a chopper/cruiser as another thing to try after practical issues with universal front seats that reduce your standover height. Basman Project 346 in Lunar special in full stretch frame. The daughter loves pointing over the bow from upon the bridge, the bars are as wide as a boat just fitting through doorways =D
Tested with original four Tasmanian thumbs up :)

My 99% bike that gets me to work the most started from a week old second hand purchase 2008 Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL frameset + crank from a complete bike original owner stripped down. I had a budget flat bar setup but was looking to step up frame and wheelset so it worked out perfectly for me.

When wife mentioned a cross trainer I was ready with the sales pitch for this in the back of my head, but it never moved to forward brain to justify it. Everyone's a winner on this one :) Street Strider 3 speed in Wild Berry on a Jet Black Z1 fluid trainer. There is no furniture or plasma TV as bikes come first ;)

When second baby was near due earlier in the year, I obviously needed something to do in the 2 weeks off since they practically look after themselves ;-) so a course of events lead this to happen, Fat Sand Bike.

Sleepless nights with new baby boy and adjusting near 2yo toddler girl meant the road bike left me shattered daily, asleep face down in soup at dinner type episodes, asleep in chair at work etc. I found a nice pedal assist e-tank that got me through the tough times but kept me in touch to get straight onto the flat bar road without too much step up. Ultramotor (now Hero Eco) A2B Metro. Great treads for winter digging out 7mm glass shards and not close to one puncture over 3-4months use.

I had a Giant CRX City with 8 speed internal hub for a while used on a few tests but its winter bike goals never materialised and moved it on recently.

Last summer and prior I was cycling every other day and getting around on my previous flat bar commuter of road frameset, just one bike. The Avanti Giro frameset hangs on up still admired for its looks, but is for sale.

Sometime near end of winter I picked up one of these after TDF 2012, have some ideas for it with conventional front end, but the new bike up top has taken its place so it's looking for a new home too. Street Surfer locally manufactured oddball.

schroeds

Postby schroeds » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Wow man you are awesome, I wish I had one thousandth your productivity and handiness
Not so much a cyclist...more of a sit down comedian

visrealm

Postby visrealm » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:36 am

schroeds wrote:Wow man you are awesome, I wish I had one thousandth your productivity and handiness
+1 - Brilliant post eldavo :D
'14 Avanti Corsa SL Team (Roadie)
'13 Specialized Secteur Disc (Commuter)
'04 Giant Yukon (MTB)
'12 Avanti Cadent 1 - R.I.P.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:26 pm

eldavo wrote: Tested with original four Tasmanian thumbs up :)

That pic with your daughter is so cute, and the tyres on the fatbike are wicked!
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

mezla

Postby mezla » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Wow, best post in ages.

...but that Roubiax BURNS MY EYES.

yarravalleyplodder

Postby yarravalleyplodder » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm

mezla wrote:
...but that Roubiax BURNS MY EYES.
My Eyes, My Eyes, the goggles do nothing 8)
2011 Felt F75
2012 Fuji Nevada 2.0

seddo

Postby seddo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:06 pm

hearing you both but what is in the foreground of that pic - friday nights discards :?:

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Just something to distract your eyes if you can't handle it, the full story here:
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 25#p865476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the comments, good bad and otherwise ;)

I did forget a few, though this one most notable. Norco A-Line. The Safety Rider saddle bag from K-Mart early 90's that my Dad commuted with, as did I for many years on the same rusty chrome steel rack that fractured and got shelved 20 years after its first use. The saddle bags are still in service :)

poohkies

Postby poohkies » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:57 am

eldavo wrote:Just something to distract your eyes if you can't handle it, the full story here:
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 25#p865476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the comments, good bad and otherwise ;)

I did forget a few, though this one most notable. Norco A-Line. The Safety Rider saddle bag from K-Mart early 90's that my Dad commuted with, as did I for many years on the same rusty chrome steel rack that fractured and got shelved 20 years after its first use. The saddle bags are still in service :)
loving the hot pink colours! i'm guessing you don't mind them either, and plus side daughter likes them aswell

poohkies

Postby poohkies » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:07 am

My old bmx i'm fixing up