Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

HAKS

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby HAKS » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Ross wrote:Ordered a couple of new chains from c r c on the 19th Dec and when I got home from work yesterday they were sitting in my letterbox waiting for me. Pretty good service.
Wow you ordered in the future and they arrived today! That or they took nearly a year :P
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

Big_Red

Postby Big_Red » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 pm

HAKS wrote:
Ross wrote:Ordered a couple of new chains from c r c on the 19th Dec and when I got home from work yesterday they were sitting in my letterbox waiting for me. Pretty good service.
Wow you ordered in the future and they arrived today! That or they took nearly a year :P
Can i borrow your time machine? There is a set of tyres & tubes i needed last week...

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 am

An order of a wheelset and some other components on Nov 15 from Bike 24 landed at my local regional Victorian post office on the 27th Nov....12 days - something of a record for DHL since it left Bike24 after just 36 hours!

At the same time, another order from Evans (another typically tardy dispatcher) on the 19th Nov (wire bead tyres, BB, crankset) was split into two and dispatched on the 21st and 23rd. The first box landed on the 27th as well but I'm still waiting for the 2nd one (crankset). Today if the current standard holds...

Must be all the Xmas cheer in Europe at the moment!!
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 pm

HAKS wrote:
That should of been 19th November. Getting a bit confused about all the Xmas displays around shopping centres that have been up months before Xmas.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Had more good service, this time from bicycleoutfittersindy.com. Parts ordered 23rd November and arrived yesterday. 6 days delivery including weekend from USA

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:35 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
Quick update, after emailing customs the night i received the letter i rang the next day to confirm. They wont process it any quicker and will just enter the 'queue' so its going to be at least another week of process and another week of postage

I let Merlin know and they confirmed its not their warehouse, but the 'carriers' who incorrectly label it if they cant find an invoice for the item. For some reason they always describe it as 'derailleurs', no idea why the listed it as EURO$962 :evil:

I think this has also impacted my Ribble and Wiggle orders as they mustve held them all back all together. (been over two weeks for ribble and over a week for wiggle, not usually this long)

sux. :cry:
items all arrived on thursday, Nov 29. Wont be back in the country for another week :oops:

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Purchased a Lezyne mini pump from T7 last Thursday, arrived today.
Pretty decent service.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

orbeas

Postby orbeas » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:31 pm

has someone brought accesories from bikes 99 and,how long did it take to get to WA?
Orbea Euskaltel:Ultegra,Durace,RS80
Orbea Erandio Hybrid

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Yeah about 1 week mate.
I got tyres from them.

orbeas

Postby orbeas » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:49 pm

i bought a garmin edge 200 $138 wasnt quite the cheapest though theres is free freight, and being this time of year plus the wharfies having a dummy spit ect.... cheers mark :)
Orbea Erandio Hybrid

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Usually 7 days from them to us :-)

orbeas

Postby orbeas » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:13 am

MarkG wrote:Usually 7 days from them to us :-)
if they turn on the GPS at there end, with a strava link the unit could track itself accross the country
that would be 8)
Orbea Erandio Hybrid

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:48 am

Having two seperate battles with Monton at the moment. I ordered a jersey on 28th September and am still waiting for it. I have ordered from Monton before and I know postage is slow but this is ridiculous. I contacted them and they claim it got stuck in China customs for 45 days! They insist now it is on the way but still could be 20 to 35 business days away! I wasn't in a great hurry for it but this is way longer than I was expecting (it is a winter thermal jersey, maybe it will arrive in time for next winter...). They gave me a supposed tracking number and a website to track it on but all it tells me is it was sent on 3rd November and the destination is Australia.

The other battle is with a pair of lycra shoe covers I ordered from them on 25th October. Still waiting for those. I have had a couple of emails back and forth with them about this and in the latest (yesterday) they want me to be patient and wait one more week. No tracking number has been supplied. I have opened a Paypal dispute about this and I'm wondering if Monton are trying to drag it out so it goes over the time that you can claim from PP.

Not a lot of money involved, $35 for jersey and $17 for the shoe covers but I would prefer to give away my money to charity rather than some supposed business in China.

To their credit they do respond promptly to my emails, but it seems I am no closer to receiving my goods.

boss

Postby boss » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Ross wrote:Having two seperate battles with Monton at the moment. I ordered a jersey on 28th September and am still waiting for it. I have ordered from Monton before and I know postage is slow but this is ridiculous. I contacted them and they claim it got stuck in China customs for 45 days! They insist now it is on the way but still could be 20 to 35 business days away! I wasn't in a great hurry for it but this is way longer than I was expecting (it is a winter thermal jersey, maybe it will arrive in time for next winter...). They gave me a supposed tracking number and a website to track it on but all it tells me is it was sent on 3rd November and the destination is Australia.

The other battle is with a pair of lycra shoe covers I ordered from them on 25th October. Still waiting for those. I have had a couple of emails back and forth with them about this and in the latest (yesterday) they want me to be patient and wait one more week. No tracking number has been supplied. I have opened a Paypal dispute about this and I'm wondering if Monton are trying to drag it out so it goes over the time that you can claim from PP.

Not a lot of money involved, $35 for jersey and $17 for the shoe covers but I would prefer to give away my money to charity rather than some supposed business in China.

To their credit they do respond promptly to my emails, but it seems I am no closer to receiving my goods.
Reminds me, I didn't post my monton experience.

I had an issues with them recently and filed a Paypal dispute to get the $$$ refunded.

Basically they said an item had been sent via EMS (paid extra $10 for the privilege :roll: ) and tracking number supplied, but there were no events.

Emails went back and forth for about a week with Monton claiming that the parcel was 'stuck in an EMS warehouse' which I called B/S on several times. I disputed the transaction via Paypal, because I was about 14 days deep since ordering... my order was for $150 (3 bib/jersey sets plus some other small bits) so at that point I was ready to throw the towel in and just buy one full price brand name kit.

Needless to say, when it came to the pointy end of the dispute, an event was logged against the tracking number and it arrived a week later. To me it's obvious that they hadn't sent the gear, but there's really not much I can do about it.

The product was decent, better than some other stuff I've paid twice as much for so I guess it was worth the wait.

neoppg

Postby neoppg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Got to share my excellent shopping experience with bikeinn.com
Although I did read some bad reviews before purchasing my new spiuk 15 road shoes I did give them a go.
Ordered on Monday and delivered today (Thursday) can't get better than that..

GNU

Postby GNU » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Cheap insulated drink bottles at cell, 2 for $15 plus shipping is $25

http://www.this link is broken/Camelbak-Po ... gory=12656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Just a big ups to wiggle, placed an order on the 9th of dec at night, on my door step when i arrived home tonight :D

dougal_s

Postby dougal_s » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:19 pm

New poster here. But I really have to highlight a terrible experience I have just had at Bike24. Certainly the absolute worst customer service I have received from a business in my life, and I do not say that lightly.

I ordered roughly $180 of products from the site using my Amex card. They put some charge, or a hold on funds, on my card. They then emailed me informing address was incorrect and they would not ship the order until I provided correct one. They asked me to contact credit card company. So I did and read the exact address I provided to them, they said that was correct and there is no reason that they should decline based on this.

So I informed Bike24 it was correct, and explained the bank had said it was correct. So, again, I asked if they were not going to ship then to cancel my order and refund my money. They replied, however made no acknowledgement of my request to cancel. They just said to notify correct address, even though I had told them it was correct.... I sent another requesting cancellation. They replied, but no acknowledgement of my request to cancel.

So I sent another couple of emails informing that address was correct and to cancel. Not even replied to these.

So, FOUR requests to cancel order and no acknowledgement of from them of any type whatsoever that the order will be cancelled.

Out of desperation I posted on their Facebook page to get some action on this. Ended up getting a reply, but it was not much help. So after some rather frustrating exchanges (where they repeatedly dodged my questions, lied about what they had done and told me and were just plain rude) via Facebook they eventually acknowledged they will cancel the order. Incidentally, they have removed nearly all the comments, but I did copy and paste them knowing it was likely they would do that. However, at no point did they offer even what could be remotely considered to be an apology of any sort.

Also, I had ordered from them in the past so they would be able to tell I had ordered from them and was not up to dodgy things.

I am still not 100% sure they have retracted the order on the credit card as it is still there, but I suspect that is due to weekend processing times. If they haven't, I'll just dispute the charge with my bank than bother dealing with Bike24 again. The bank has assured me they will do this on my behalf if there are further problems.

Interestingly not long after my post on Facebook, there is another person complaining about poor customer service. He is from Sydney.

So, in short, consider if you are brave enough to order from a company that ignores 4 requests to cancel an order, and then only pays attention when the request is posted on Facebook, lies about what they said and did, and makes no apology of any sort of the hassles encountered. I know I am not brave enough to deal with a company like that.

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Ross wrote:
My shoe covers turned up today. I reckon they didn't send them until I raised a PP dispute but I can't prove it because there is no date marking on the envelope and no invoice. Better late than never I suppose. Just have to wait and see if my jersey turns up now.

mjd

Postby mjd » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 am

Ordered a FFWD tubular disc for TT bike from Wiggle & they sent a F9R 240s 90mm tubular. Not happy!!!!

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:54 am

mjd wrote:Ordered a FFWD tubular disc for TT bike from Wiggle & they sent a F9R 240s 90mm tubular. Not happy!!!!
what was thier responce?
:roll:

mjd

Postby mjd » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:22 am

bardygrub wrote:
mjd wrote:Ordered a FFWD tubular disc for TT bike from Wiggle & they sent a F9R 240s 90mm tubular. Not happy!!!!
what was thier responce?
:roll:
None yet! which has further inflamed my mood :evil:

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Evanscycles ordered a pair of Bont Vaypor shoes Thursday, arrived yesterday. Sent via DHL which explains everything
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Ordered a pair of Shimano SH R315 shoes, Ultegra pedals/cleats, F&R lights, saddle bag, GP4000s tires and tubes from wiggle yesterday arvo. Chose Priority Despatch and Express post for the first time as an exercise to how much of a difference the delivery times take. Will post back when package is received.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

Crittski

Postby Crittski » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Lol, just before xmas is an interesting time to run your experiment. For me they arrive after four working days when i choose that shipping combo.
Santa Cruz Blur TRc XTR
Volagi Liscio Ultegra