Anyone got a Colossi?

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Anyone got a Colossi?

Postby Jean » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 am

Hi,

I'm looking around for a steel road frame for a 2013 purchase and have come across Colossi. Does anyone have one, and if so is there anything notably for or against it in your opinion?

Cheers
Jean
Jean

by BNA » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:32 pm

BNA

Re: Anyone got a Colossi?

Postby misterhorsey » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Jean wrote:Hi,

I'm looking around for a steel road frame for a 2013 purchase and have come across Colossi. Does anyone have one, and if so is there anything notably for or against it in your opinion?

Cheers
Jean

I'm tossing up my options and Colossi has come on the radar. Good people source them, and that can't be a bad thing:

http://www.saintcloud.com.au/2011/04/14 ... i-customs/

If you have a look on colossi website they have a truly impressive a la carte selection of tubing, which can be a little overwhelming. To be honest, what attracts me is the custom paint jobs. Some unique and (to my eyes), tasteful colour ways on display:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/colossi/
misterhorsey

Re: Anyone got a Colossi?

Postby Jean » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Yeah, I picked up a reference to them on this site and followed it to Gear Brisbane, a place that seems mostly set up for the hipster fixie crowd. They've been quite helpful with my preliminary queries. The Colossi off-the-peg frames are quite keenly priced. The custom stuff is not quite so well priced, but still pretty good against most of the competition.
Jean

Return to Buying a bike / parts