Bunch Rides - Central Coast

goneriding

Bunch Rides - Central Coast

Postby goneriding » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm going to be staying at Avoca Beach over the Christmas/New Year break and have been searching for bunch rides in the area. The only one I've managed to track down is the Ettalong Beach Saturday ride.

Can anyone recommend any other rides that are a bit closer? Either that or what are some good rides around the 50 km distance. I don't mind hills.

moreegolfer

Re: Bunch Rides - Central Coast

Postby moreegolfer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:35 pm

goneriding wrote:I'm going to be staying at Avoca Beach over the Christmas/New Year break and have been searching for bunch rides in the area. The only one I've managed to track down is the Ettalong Beach Saturday ride.

Can anyone recommend any other rides that are a bit closer? Either that or what are some good rides around the 50 km distance. I don't mind hills.
I too will be there on the Sunday/Xmas eve prior to Christmas and Thurs-Fri-Sat and will be taking the road bike. I'd be keen to join you for a ride, either just a few or an organised bunch. I'm open to whatever as long as there is coffee midway or after :) .

wayne1966

Postby wayne1966 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi guys,

The CCCC runs a bunch ride on Saturday mornings. 6:30am from Terrigal pub, to West Gosford shops, pick up more starters (lots), down to Woy Woy, back to Terrigal via West Gosford for coffee.

It's about 60km at around 30kmh.

Enjoy :)

BTW, while you are in the area, check out the Central Coast Bicycle User Group facebook page. You can organise rides yourself, or see what's on offer.

Cheers.

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 pm

@Wayne - thanks for that. It looks like I'll be a starter for that one!

@moreegolfer - I'll be heading out every morning with the intent of doing 50 - 80 km's (coffee included). I'll post closer to the time as to my movements.

moreegolfer

Postby moreegolfer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:07 pm

goneriding wrote:@Wayne - thanks for that. It looks like I'll be a starter for that one!

@moreegolfer - I'll be heading out every morning with the intent of doing 50 - 80 km's (coffee included). I'll post closer to the time as to my movements.
Thanks Wayne and that sounds good GR. I should be a starter both Sun 23rd and Mon 24th and back on the CC for Friday morning leaving probably Sunday.

wayne1966

Postby wayne1966 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Hey guys, did you both like our CCBUG Facebook page ? Cheers, Wayne

moreegolfer

Postby moreegolfer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:54 pm

wayne1966 wrote:Hey guys, did you both like our CCBUG Facebook page ? Cheers, Wayne
Only just joined Facebook so I will do that. Not sure how I held out this long but I thought it worthwhile having a profile for these sorts of instances.

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:26 pm

@wayne - yep looked pretty good. I'll put up a ride request over the weekend.

On the good news front, SWMBO sanctioned me to ride up from Sydney to Avoca. That let my imagination run wild as I looked at the various routes on offer. The bunch I usually ride with do a ride to Pitt Town which I thought I might join and then turn off to Wisemans and then make my way to Avoca from there. Turns out it will be a 190km ride with more than half solo!

At the moment I am tossing up between taking the Northern Beaches route and the ferry to Ettalong or the Old Pacific Highway. Pac Highway is getting the nod at the moment.

I may need a rest the next day!

moreegolfer

Postby moreegolfer » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Id be up for ride Monday morning?

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:35 am

@wayne - is this the terrigal pub?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=terrigal ... 85,,0,0.65

I did a ride up to The Entrance and back this morning. I really enjoyed the mix of flat and hills (with the exception of the hill up to the Terrigal/Avoca Beach roundabout) and there were a few rabbits out there to chase!

pittorino

Postby pittorino » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:08 am

Hi goneriding,

Are you from LACC? I am up on the CC for next 9 days and looking for some rides. Maybe one during the week and one next weekend. 5/6 Jan.

Do you know of any weekday rides?

Cheers,

Tony

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:23 pm

pittorino wrote:Hi goneriding,

Are you from LACC? I am up on the CC for next 9 days and looking for some rides. Maybe one during the week and one next weekend. 5/6 Jan.

Do you know of any weekday rides?

Cheers,

Tony
The CCCC guys have been riding most days and leave from Terrigal Pub and West Gosford shops. Depending on the direction will determine which leaves earlier. Check either:
1. facebook - search for central coast cycling club
2. http://www.impactcycling.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are a good bunch to ride with, just watch out for the guys on the tandem!