City of Albany gets a cycling infrastructure boost ...

City of Albany gets a cycling infrastructure boost ...

Postby Aushiker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:57 am

or does it?

The City of Albany is to receive $900,000 of WA State Government funding boost over I think (why are these press releases not specific?) three years according to an announcement from the Transport Minister, Mr Buswell on December 13, 2013. According to the press release the $900,000 is “to plan and build significant bike network projects.” I am not sure exactly what significant projects Albany will get from $900,000 but.

The press release goes on to say that the funding “would be used to support the development of a Cycling and Trails Strategy for the City of Albany.” Hmm so we go from “to plan and build significant bike network projects” to “support the development of a Cycling and Trails Strategy for the City of Albany.”

But heck there is more … (see my blog post if you are interested), otherwise I hope the City of Albany residents enjoy their $900,000 funding boost :)

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

by BNA » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:06 am

BNA

Re: City of Albany gets a cycling infrastructure boost ...

Postby John Lewis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:06 am

Guess they'll paint more bicycle symbols on uneven footpaths. A few more on the narrow shoulder areas of roads where its all cracked and put up more of those U shaped gismos that make it impossible to get a trike, tandem or velo through.
Then they will wonder why we don't use them.
I won't hold too many hopes for the money being sensibly used.

John
John Lewis

Return to Western Australia