Tandem for sale in Ashfield in Perth

drubie

Tandem for sale in Ashfield in Perth

Postby drubie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:27 am

Hey western australians - I'm on a quixotic quest to grab a possible junk bike from Gumtree that's located in Ashfield in Perth.

Difficulty - I'd need to get it back to Armidale in NSW somehow and I'm not sure it's still for sale. Is anybody in that area that could recommend a courier?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ashfield ... 1010882977

I'm kind of thinking I would buy it and try to store it somewhere while we worked out how to get it back to us here in Armidale.

cheers,
dave.
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.

jaseyjase

Re: Tandem for sale in Ashfield in Perth

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:26 pm

drubs, ive used smartsend a number of times, sending, wheelsets, frames, and complete bikes. Id say youd be looking at about $100 at least due to size (length) of the frame, and addition weight.

im sure there would be a fellow WA-BNA-er who could hang to it for you, maybe ride it around a bit untill you make arrangements :mrgreen:

drubie

Postby drubie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Thanks jaseyjase. I haven't managed to get a successful phone call to the owner yet so I'll see how that goes first
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding

Meesh

Postby Meesh » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm

I live in Bayswater, just the next suburb over. I could probably pick it up for you and store it until you could arrange for a courier to collect. Let me know :)

drubie

Postby drubie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:24 pm

That's very generous meesh. I still haven't managed a successful phone call though it always seems to be engaged!

Meesh

Postby Meesh » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Not that generous, it's not like I'm offering to pay for the bike - heehee! :D

Wouldn't be a problem though - it's close by and I have got a garage to lock it up in. So if you ever get in touch with the seller and make a buy I'm happy to help you out.