Eastlink (Cheltenham Rd) to Black Rock

Eastlink (Cheltenham Rd) to Black Rock

Postby kimmie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi all,

I need a suggestion on which route should I take from Eastlink (exit at Cheltenham Rd) to Balcombe Rd at Black Rock. I planned to go along Cheltenham Rd, to Lower Dandenong Rd, a little bit of Nepean Hwy then to Balcombe Road. If I remember correctly, there is a bike path (most) of Cheltenham Rd, and Lower Dandenong Rd.

Anyone have a better idea or suggestion?

Many thanks!
"Ride like the wind, Bullseye!"
kimmie

by BNA » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm

BNA

Re: Eastlink (Cheltenham Rd) to Black Rock

Postby danny the boy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Weekday or Weekend? The bike path along Cheltenham road stops at the industrial estate (Woodlands) next to Braeside Park, just a few hundred metres along the road becomes Lower Dandy Rd. Ive seen plenty of cyclists ride along Lower Dandy rd but I personally would not, the road can be fairly busy at times and a lot of trucks and courier vans/utes use the area during the week. On weekends I go through Woodlands, from there its easy to get to the Mordi roundabout and then go up Beach Rd. This would be the safest (mostly bike lanes to Beach Rd) but not the most direct.
danny the boy

Re: Eastlink (Cheltenham Rd) to Black Rock

Postby kimmie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:31 pm

danny the boy wrote:Weekday or Weekend? The bike path along Cheltenham road stops at the industrial estate (Woodlands) next to Braeside Park, just a few hundred metres along the road becomes Lower Dandy Rd. Ive seen plenty of cyclists ride along Lower Dandy rd but I personally would not, the road can be fairly busy at times and a lot of trucks and courier vans/utes use the area during the week. On weekends I go through Woodlands, from there its easy to get to the Mordi roundabout and then go up Beach Rd. This would be the safest (mostly bike lanes to Beach Rd) but not the most direct.

Hi Danny,

It's for today actually :-) And yes you are right, the bike path did stop, but thank God it was not too busy this morning (probably because some schools are already on holiday)... Thank you for your reply - will definitely consider the other one next time. Cheers!
"Ride like the wind, Bullseye!"
kimmie

Return to Victoria