What about those pesky `speedwell` serial numbers.

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

What about those pesky `speedwell` serial numbers.

Postby ammie7 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:12 am

Alot has been discussed abot M/Star numbers, But what about the obvious chronological dating system of Speedwell?
month/year/number of frames? . So does anyone have High end Speedwell frames??? ~Royal~Olympic~Super sport?????? If you do, post it, as its add`s weight/subtracts from the ~~~wrong paint scheme`~~~ sherloc`s on this site.
ammie7

by BNA » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:58 am

BNA

Re: What about those pesky `speedwell` serial numbers.

Postby munga » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:58 am

ammie7, the apostrophe is next to the enter key. it's been bugging me for days. the backtick symbol you are so fond of (above the tab key), is usually used in programming, not general language.
class dismissed. 8)
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
munga

Postby ammie7 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:47 pm

~Ta , I dont know how you go riding/driving on the road`s lol. do you stop at the lights and correct everything that bug`s you. or do you prefer the sanctuary of your keyboard?
You must be a busy Bee stalking all the keyboard errors on here. Or dont you get to talk to girls that much? :).
ammie7

Postby Torana68 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 pm

ammie7 wrote:Alot has been discussed abot M/Star numbers, But what about the obvious chronological dating system of Speedwell?
month/year/number of frames? . So does anyone have High end Speedwell frames??? ~Royal~Olympic~Super sport?????? If you do, post it, as its add`s weight/subtracts from the ~~~wrong paint scheme`~~~ sherloc`s on this site.

there is no obvious Speedwell system, you cant pindown any known Australian maker to month, only one is some years of MS you get the year. I have high end Speedwell frames, as do others on here :D
Torana68

Postby ammie7 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Yes i agree. But there seems to be on the earlier, ((up to mid forties) high end frames. I appreciate the variance in colours and components. From my investigation there seems to be a alot of excellent history, but some major pieces missing. hopefully someone discovers some long lost scrapbook from an old racer. I was thinking of purchasing the book One Hundred years of Steel?? have you read it?
ammie7

Postby munga » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 am

ammie7 wrote:~Ta , I dont know how you go riding/driving on the road`s lol. do you stop at the lights and correct everything that bug`s you. or do you prefer the sanctuary of your keyboard?
You must be a busy Bee stalking all the keyboard errors on here. Or dont you get to talk to girls that much? :).

i'm not sure what traffic lights/girls have to do with my comment on your grammar and comprehension, but seeing as you want to defend your ineptitude, it's "don't", "roads", "bugs", "you?", "bee", and again, "don't"
if you're going to be a smaret-alec, you need to try harder.
i can't wait for the school year to start..

munga

Postby scratchman » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 am

ammie7 wrote:Yes i agree. But there seems to be on the earlier, ((up to mid forties) high end frames. I appreciate the variance in colours and components. From my investigation there seems to be a alot of excellent history, but some major pieces missing. hopefully someone discovers some long lost scrapbook from an old racer. I was thinking of purchasing the book One Hundred years of Steel?? have you read it?

I haven't read it yet, I'm hoping Santa remembers me! however from other comments on here it's worth getting just from a lover of old bikes point of view.
It seems to me that keeping records of bike serial numbers wasn't a priority for bike builders back in the day, or even now :shock:
scratchman

Postby bicyclepassion » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:19 pm

The Racing Bicycle, a hundred years of steel, is a very good book, with lots of pictures and information about steel bikes. And even a couple of aluminium ones, and early carbon fibre as well. Plenty of Australian made vintage and classic steel bikes to drool over. Race out and buy a copy for all your friends and relatives for Christmas. (I am slightly biased.)
Warren
bicyclepassion

Postby ammie7 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks`s Warren and `Scratchman. lol. ((me thinks Warren might be involved?)).

Poor Munga` You need to look up the `Proofs`of an Offence~ for `Stalk, Harrass, Intimidate. and then see whats wrong with repy`ing (lol) to my post`s.
ammie7

Postby spirito » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:05 pm

ammie7 wrote:

Poor Munga` You need to look up the ...

:shock: :roll:

... At least one book ammie7 has never read? :?: :P :?

Cranky Jim wrote: God did not invent gears. Men invented gears ... because we are not gods.
spirito

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Ammie7,
please give the forum regulars some respect.
this is the deal; use proper spelling and punctuation, and you are likely to get accurate and thoughtful replies.
carry on this way and you are likely to get everyone placing you on their Foes list using this*
your posts look like trolling, which is not permitted, see the Forum Rules

*Edit: my Foes list has now been updated
Last edited by Clydesdale Scot on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Philip
ˈfiləp/ a movement made by bending the last joint of a finger against the thumb and suddenly releasing it
Clydesdale Scot

Postby ammie7 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:37 pm

So if i`m not up to speed with computers and their keyboards, i cant use this site??? If you read closely (hint) I was merely giving Munga, food for thought.
As your for your book, I`snt that the tripe that they use to entice AMWAY customers?
Im not on this site to make friends, that said, I am friendly, by your reckoning, If I can Cycle faster than you I can judge you???
I have read and appreciate many Of Munga`s post`s. I apologise If I have offended anybody.
I hope for the sake of other regular user`s I am left alone to contribute in my grammatically incorrect way.
Cheer up,, Its XMAS. xxxx.
ammie7

Postby munga » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:25 pm

i don't get your sense of humour, if that's what it is. if you're being rude, i still don't get it.

munga

Return to Retro biking