Experience with Goldcross?

bones922

Experience with Goldcross?

Postby bones922 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:55 pm

G'day all,

I'm looking at getting my first roadie and am just about sold on a deal for an '07 Trek 1200 for $1500 with pedals, shoes, puncture kit, bag, computer, etc. and a full on bike fit (sit on the special bike thingo - takes nearly an hour?)
Aussie Trek 1200 website

However, I just stumbled across the Goldcross website which have '06 Fuji Roubaix that appear to have a very similar spec to the Trek for $1189, discounted from $1699.
US Fuji Roubaix website Click on the Specifications link to get full spec. I'd still have to the accesories, so it would become a very similar deal I guess.

Very similar specs as far as shifters, fd and rd etc.

Without having actually visited one of their shops, I get the feeling that they're a bit of a 'supermarket'? The sell primarily Giant and Fuji by the looks of things.

Does anyone have any experience with the service at Goldcross? Good or bad. Also any feedback on Fuji bikes in general would be good as well.

Btw, the Trek would be bought from Hendry Cycles in Ocean Grove.

Cheers,

Marty

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:19 pm

If the componentry is equal, then it's line ball - but shoes / pedals / computer / underseat bag / fit is probably more than $300 retail.
Check the specs carefully. Neither bike offers fully matched components and I'm biased towards matching things up. You also check whether the Trek is 9-speed or not, because the Fuji is - and it's a triple crank too.
Both 'manufacturers' put together pretty good bikes - and I'm pleased to see something other than a Giant getting a mention! :wink:

jordo

Postby jordo » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:06 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was told today that the Trek 1200 model has had a full factory recall due to a faulty part.