stolen QOM

Apple

stolen QOM

Postby Apple » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:34 pm

:roll:
How is this, I go out riding with a neighbour, I have not been on the bike for some time. He tells me he likes riding easy, so I go to get that Mojo back :?
Well he takes me on the back streets of the pacific Hwy, where the streets are narrow and very, very hilly; let me add one or two more Hilly for you. :shock:
No normal rider would ride this road, because it is dangerous, has one lane all the way UP and Down and up. :evil:
After climbing it and almost felt like being sick I continue for the ride and when I get home. Low and behold I am QOM. yes but only because no well-balanced strava garmin user would ride that place.

So one of my fellow female friends, (much younger than me, not as sexy) calls me and comments on my QOM. She wants to know all about the hill.
What does she do next; she rides it and steals my QOM in three stages. Now that is chutzpa. :roll:
Should I just turn the other cheek? :oops:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

marinmomma

Re: stolen QOM

Postby marinmomma » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Go back out there and take it back! :wink:

That was a bit cheeky of her....

I got one last week, the only female to crazy or stupid enough to ride the segment, so I'm the queen for now.... :roll:
Lisa

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:55 pm

marinmomma wrote:Go back out there and take it back! :wink:

That was a bit cheeky of her....

I got one last week, the only female to crazy or stupid enough to ride the segment, so I'm the queen for now.... :roll:
maybe I can tell my strava friend about it, I am sure she would love to claim it. :mrgreen:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

gistane

Postby gistane » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:08 pm

It is not really stolen if they can ride it quicker than you :-)

If you use Strava you have to expect that people will try and better your times, thats the whole Strava gimmick the challenge is put out there for others to go our and beat. So no need to get angry at the person for being able to ride the climb faster than you.

Your best course of action is to get out there and beat her

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Apple. This is the season for peace and goodwill to all men. Just go out there and get revenge - you'll feel better and so will that jealous little princess that stole your QOM.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:19 pm

wombatK wrote:Apple. This is the season for peace and goodwill to all men. Just go out there and get revenge - you'll feel better and so will that jealous little princess that stole your QOM.
Yes, I will take my vespa :twisted: that should fix her up well and good :mrgreen:

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:46 pm

No no no, Apple. I can now see why you haven't been on the bike for a while. At first I thought
it might have been your back playing up again. But I can now see it was the vespa.

Put the vespa back in the garage, or better still ebay-it :)
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Apple wrote:
wombatK wrote:Apple. This is the season for peace and goodwill to all men. Just go out there and get revenge - you'll feel better and so will that jealous little princess that stole your QOM.
Yes, I will take my vespa :twisted: that should fix her up well and good :mrgreen:
You wouldn't be the first and won't be the last to do that. :roll:
Just keep training and once you get your fitness back you will crush her. :twisted:

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Ross wrote:
You wouldn't be the first and won't be the last to do that. :roll:
Just keep training and once you get your fitness back you will crush her. :twisted:
Are you serious, about people doing the Vespa :shock: I was only kidding.
I will crash her and spit her out :twisted:
"wombatK"]No no no, Apple. I can now see why you haven't been on the bike for a while. At first I thought
it might have been your back playing up again. But I can now see it was the vespa.
Don't worry wombatK, I don't really have a vespa. But that young puppy rang me today and bosted about her ride, she said, "you are not going to believe it :oops: I got lost yesterday and ended up
where you rode, did you notice on strava Apple", :roll:

Thats ok I may get one of the guys to use my garamin on one of her hills :mrgreen:

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Tonya Harding?
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Big_Red

Postby Big_Red » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:10 am

Oh no, another stravatard in the making...

Next you'll be buying the t-shirt: :lol: :lol: :lol:

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:29 am

funny, I keep getting emails from Strava telling me that some guy has stolen my KOM. since I have only ridden the segment once, and I keep getting these emails about the same guy, he must be uploading his ride and then deleting it.

It is a pointless KOM anyway, since it comprises of a segment from Tempe to West Ryde via Cooks River Cycleway. There are no hills worthy of a KOM and I did not even know I had a KOM until I started getting email from Strava saying I had lost it!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:52 am

Disgraceful, better keep an eye on her and your husband, you never know what she is going to steal next
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:42 am

That's an evil thought MB. Now Apple is going to have to keep an eye on Mr Apple's prescription pad,
just in case he starts writing EPO scripts for her rival. What a terrible way to spend Christmas :lol:
WombatK

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Apple wrote: she said, "you are not going to believe it :oops: I got lost yesterday and ended up
where you rode, did you notice on strava Apple"
Yeah.... "I got lost" :roll:

I wonder what other integrity she lacks. "I just borrowed some money from the account". "I just dropped in for one drink, I have no idea how I ended up in the room with the basketball team". "I didn't think you would mind if I borrowed your ex".

I think the correct answer is... she didn't think. Much better just to say "I wanted to check out that hill you found."

Sent from my iThingy...
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:55 pm

twizzle wrote:
Apple wrote: Yeah.... "I got lost" :roll:

I wonder what other integrity she lacks. "I just borrowed some money from the account". "I just dropped in for one drink, I have no idea how I ended up in the room with the basketball team". "I didn't think you would mind if I borrowed your ex".

I think the correct answer is... she didn't think. Much better just to say "I wanted to check out that hill you found."

Sent from my iThingy...
:D Twizzle, have you two met :shock:
you know her so well :mrgreen: