Assemble of road bike??

Workshop tales, trials and disasters.
Maintenance tips, techniques and myths.
Technical discussion, description and outright lies

Assemble of road bike??

Postby bardygrub » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:47 am

Hi All,

Will be helping my brother assemble a road bike out of a box, have had a look on you tube to get some advice and have found that the most informitave vids are a bit older.

I know how to do most but think that most of the gear cable will need to be connected (from what he has told me).

Any way sorry if there is a thread already on this (pls let me know) or if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers :wink:
bardygrub

by BNA » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:51 am

BNA

Re: Assemble of road bike??

Postby Bentnose » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:51 am

It would be helpful to provide more information, what brand and model is it? What running gear does it have? Do you have any photo's? Where did you buy it from?
Bentnose

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:40 pm

I've built a few from the box for myself and helping the LBS pre Christmas and never found shift cables needing fitting. Adjusting maybe...

IIRC, it's unwrap, align the bars, possibly attach the front brake, front wheel, attach pedals then check and adjust everything. More than one mid range bike has had near dry hubs out of the box :shock: :? :roll:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby bardygrub » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:28 am

Mulger bill wrote:I've built a few from the box for myself and helping the LBS pre Christmas and never found shift cables needing fitting. Adjusting maybe...

IIRC, it's unwrap, align the bars, possibly attach the front brake, front wheel, attach pedals then check and adjust everything. More than one mid range bike has had near dry hubs out of the box :shock: :? :roll:

cheers, May have to wait till he brings it up, see what needs to be done then.
bardygrub

Return to The Shed