Blucher Koln

fletch62

Blucher Koln

Postby fletch62 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:52 am

Can anyone help me with info on a bike ive got off a mate?
Its a Blucher Koln with campy gamma wheels, Maillard hubs, Sachs cranks & rival rear derailleur. Frame is triple buuted steel, size 58cm top tube 63cm seat tube. Is it worth anything?
Cheers

stevendavid75

Postby stevendavid75 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:33 pm

fair chance it is worth something, Blucher was the bike brand associated with Mascot Cycles in Richmond Vic,
I actually went looking for the shop (I knew where it was) but didnt find it, anyway I think they are/ were built by paconi.
I will enclose a pic og one that I have recently restored

fletch62

Postby fletch62 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Yeh, it has a sticker on the down tube for Mascot cycles.
I was thinking or turning it into a singlespeed but frame is too large for me, would suit someone about 6,2" or so

531db

Postby 531db » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:33 pm

Yes, Blucher Koln was the 'house brand' of Mascot Cycles in Richmond. Ray Blucher was the shop owner and the 'Blucher Koln' name came from Ray's surname and his ancestral location (Cologne ie Koln in German).

The frames were actually built by Kevin Wigham of Paconi fame. It was well known in the early 1990's in the VIC racing scene that if you wanted a Kevin Wigham built frame, you had 3 choices; a/ see the man himself and get a Paconi; b/ order through Cecil Walker Cycles and get a Cecil Walker; and c/ order through Mascot Cycles and get a Blucher Koln.

I understand Ray Blucher still has or works in a bike shop in Richmond, possibly Bridge St Cycles?

PiCO

Mascot Cycles

Postby PiCO » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:11 pm

531db wrote:Yes, Blucher Koln was the 'house brand' of Mascot Cycles in Richmond. Ray Blucher was the shop owner and the 'Blucher Koln' name came from Ray's surname and his ancestral location (Cologne ie Koln in German).

The frames were actually built by Kevin Wigham of Paconi fame. It was well known in the early 1990's in the VIC racing scene that if you wanted a Kevin Wigham built frame, you had 3 choices; a/ see the man himself and get a Paconi; b/ order through Cecil Walker Cycles and get a Cecil Walker; and c/ order through Mascot Cycles and get a Blucher Koln.

I understand Ray Blucher still has or works in a bike shop in Richmond, possibly Bridge St Cycles?
Still Mascot Cycles – 381 Bridge Road, Richmond.

Look them up on the web.

I bought my Bianchi from them.

There is a red Blucher up on a wall there – you occasionally see one around.

PICO :arrow: :arrow:

marsta

Re: Blucher Koln

Postby marsta » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:04 am

Hi there i have been given a blucher koln road bike from a freind it has galli rims does any one know much about these bikes i dont know if it came with these rims or not any help would be appreciated.

chief110478

Postby chief110478 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:17 am

Hi all,

I am interested in purchasing a Blucher Koln to restore. Any help would be appreciated

thanks

RetroPilot

Postby RetroPilot » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Ive just come across some kind of Blucher what I would call touring bike, at a local general auction . Just says Blucher, no model name, never heard of it b4, I assumed it was an actual German/Austrian brand bike, as it has funny-looking euro style lights and bits and pieces on it that remind me of the Puch Ive had here a while back.

It has shimano 3 X7 gears with V-brake changers, which the 7-speed one is a bit iffy in its function on the downchangers, and the freewheel Or i assume is a cassette, seems to be locked solid on the wheel, doesnt seem to backpeddle freewheel at all...cannot be budged with hand-pressure..Im not sure if thats just a seized freewheel bearing, or I am missing something..

since it looks like there is some kind of interest and history in the make, looks like I will have to go down and see how much it goes for..

and yes, its got a Mascot Bikes sticker on the frame..

jacsonian

Postby jacsonian » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:50 am

Hi all,

Have come across a Blucher and am wondering whether the asking price is reasonable. Google searches for these bikes come up with almost nothing - does anyone here have an idea of price ranges for these bad boys? Here's a picture of the one I'm investigating...