Live chat room

News from Bicycles Network Australia and the Australian Cycling Forums

Live chat room

Postby pospete » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:29 pm

hi, just little old me again :lol: I wondered if there was any chance of having a members chat room set up? Something like Parachat, which I believe is a Free service. I am happy to keep posting away too, but just be nice to catch up on a more personal level in more real time.
Talk to the hand
pospete

by BNA » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:08 pm

BNA

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:08 pm

Pospete, you do get the award for the highest number of posts in the shortest time, I almost though actually had started you own chat :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I did get this suggestion some time back, problem with a chat is that it is more work than is worth the effort. It needs to be properly moderated (as this is a Family site - ie. content for a general audience). There is a load on the hosting and they can be susceptible to spam.

None the less, thank you for the suggestion.

Cheers
Christopher
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pospete » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:54 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Pospete, you do get the award for the highest number of posts in the shortest time, I almost though actually had started you own chat :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I did get this suggestion some time back, problem with a chat is that it is more work than is worth the effort. It needs to be properly moderated (as this is a Family site - ie. content for a general audience). There is a load on the hosting and they can be susceptible to spam.

None the less, thank you for the suggestion.

Cheers
Christopher

Thankyou for the compliment. I allways say if you are gonna do something do it well. For many years cycling was a big part of my life, including whilst working in a Bike shop, also running the local MTB club of 450 approx memebers, so I suppose it's in my blood. I guess I hav'nt lost any of my passion for it. I do like to chat tho, very true, and I do try to be vagely serious some of the time, as most memebers are serious by nature. I have to say this forum is particularly friendly too, and believe me that makes a big difference.
If chat were sheduled for a specific night each week then it could be moderated easily. Tho with the other Forum I use that has Parachat it doe'snt get spammed, as you have to register with Parachat to use the service.
Talk to the hand
pospete

Return to Info / announcements