Vitus Basic SS

The place for fixies and other rides without gears

Vitus Basic SS

Postby slidetaker » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:19 am

Hey yall,

NOS Vitus Basic alloy road frame. 130mm rear spacing with semi vertical dropout. Naturally went with road wheels and hub spacers (bonus perfect chainline) :D
RS10 wheels, Sugino generic crank 52T with 16T rear sprocket. Cheap, light and fast.

For those wondering about the semi vertical dropout, it works to get chain tension. There is about 9mm of effective dropout length for the skewer nut to get full bite. It is roughly 30 degree off the true vertical line.
slidetaker

by BNA » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:09 pm

BNA

Re: Vitus Basic SS

Postby VitusBasic » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:09 pm

I have a similar frame .According to the long black sticker near the chain I had always assumed it was made in France.However someone told me today they were made in Taiwan !! Any comments ?
VitusBasic

Re: Vitus Basic SS

Postby slidetaker » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:38 pm

I got it as a NOS bare frame and fork from a local bike shop and built it up myself.

My bike also had the long black sticker at the stays with "Made in France" wording. The bike shop owner told me that it was around early 90s, so this would be before any Vitus production in Taiwan.

Nevertheless, I don't care if it is even made in Taiwan. It is a fast and responsive bike. I enjoy riding it very much although I haven't ridden it as much as I like.
slidetaker

Return to Fixed Gear/ Single Speed