Advise on a new Road bike Frame

auswi2

Advise on a new Road bike Frame

Postby auswi2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello,

I have a 99bikes branded carbon frame with full 105 gearing. I have only had the bike 12 months and am happy with the 105 gearing so instead of replacing the whole bike I am looking at replacing the frame only.

I would like to spend well under a $1000.

Can you please advise on any decent CF frames. I use the bike for Social and group rides and may look at doing some racing down the track once i get faster. The currect frame I believe is an azzuri frame and is 58cm. I would be looking at either a 56cm or 58cm frame.

Any advise would be appriciated

Thanks

Kiwalian

Leeism

Re: Advise on a new Road bike Frame

Postby Leeism » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:28 am

Hey where are you located?

brawlo

Postby brawlo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:41 am

Chinese would most likely be your best bang for buck, with a wide range of styles to choose from that will see you hitting your price point. Name brand new frames at that price will most likely be no upgrade from what you've got. Second hand name frames can be had if you're willing to take the gamble, but you need to educate yourself on what to look for. Do not forget that aluminium could still be a decent upgrade at that price too.

nickdos

Postby nickdos » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Why do you feel the need to upgrade the frame? Are you looking for a different geometry or more stiffness, etc?

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:09 am

auswi2 wrote:Hello,

I have a 99bikes branded carbon frame with full 105 gearing. I have only had the bike 12 months and am happy with the 105 gearing so instead of replacing the whole bike I am looking at replacing the frame only.

I would like to spend well under a $1000.

Can you please advise on any decent CF frames. I use the bike for Social and group rides and may look at doing some racing down the track once i get faster. The currect frame I believe is an azzuri frame and is 58cm. I would be looking at either a 56cm or 58cm frame.

Any advise would be appriciated

Thanks

Kiwalian
If you want something better sub $1000 look at an alloy frame. Carbon frames under $1000 generally are at the lower end of the spectrum unless you can get something on run-out.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

Jean

Postby Jean » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:24 am

Ribble would be worth checking out, they might have something that fits your bill.