Megabike now Euride... Hmmmm conspiracy stories here please

Dr_Mutley

Megabike now Euride... Hmmmm conspiracy stories here please

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:57 am

as the title suggests, Megabike has now changed to Euride.... Any inside goss on why/how? bought out by Euride? went under? blah blah blah?

MichaelB

Re: Megabike now Euride... Hmmmm conspiracy stories here ple

Postby MichaelB » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Interesting .....

Both sites ?

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 pm

MichaelB wrote:Interesting .....

Both sites ?
yep

boss

Postby boss » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:11 pm

I heard some things... Can't confirm it as its one link removed from Claude himself, but its not a traditional buyout or take over. Innovative and applaudable take on doing business in an increasingly global world.

Happy to stand corrected if anyone knows more than me!

liamb

Postby liamb » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm a bit sad by this as Euride have been fantastic over the past 18 months to me, versus Claude has burnt me and a few mates to the tune of plus $5k total.( Bad fitting recommendations, wrong sized shoes, wrong sized bike (last in stock) and the kick in the guts was being told I was too fat and in poor health. (64kg, 168cm tall and every yearly physical comes up all positive))
I would love to know how it is all set up as I dont want to be giving over money to some one who took me for a ride!!! (literally). Unfortunately after the fact all I seem to hear is poor reports re Claude and his customer service.
I really hope that this is being led by Euride, as I understand there are some very influential people behind Euride and in the past seem to have seen pretty positive reports. Have seen some ads on the back of buses so maybe there is a bit of coin behind the whole thing.
I will have to wait on my purchase of my De Rosa until I find out some more genuine info

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!

boss

Postby boss » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:56 pm

I can say that Claude still has an ownership stake. I have been told that Euride was and still is owned by some big players including the Bianco group. So Claude is one of several owners now.

So if you don't want to support or deal with Claude I'm afraid you'll have to avoid Euride

Once again I preface my comments that I haven't heard any of this from the horses mouth. However I have no reason to doubt it - in an AdelaideNow article Claude was talking up the name change as the 'next step' for his store.

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:01 pm

liamb wrote:... the kick in the guts was being told I was too fat and in poor health. (64kg, 168cm tall and every yearly physical comes up all positive))

Bill

You were told you're too fat. ??????

the rest of us are right royally f';ed then aren't we? Anyway, I'll say one thing in favour of Clod; he put me onto Keywins pedals.

liamb

Postby liamb » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi Rusty

After the fact I thought it may have been a candid camera thing. I guess I should have just laughed but he looked at me like he was serious and I was just too naive.
Was having a chat over Xmas drinks with a few cycling mates over the merger, and 1 bloke in the group suggested there are 2 different Claude's. He seems to think it comes down to the shop and the day you drop in, and this bloke has had nothing but positive things happen out of his experiences with mega bike and Claude.

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:49 pm

I've seen clod fit 2 medium built woman to road bikes, and offend both with comments which I'm sure weren't intended poorly, but certainly came across that way... Personally I wouldn't buy or be fit there (again) but there are much worse (and better) in the bike game in Adelaide...

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Just noticed on my ride last night up Shephers Hill Rd that the Blackwood Euride has closed ??

Is that pointing tpo something, or was that always in the plan I wonder ?

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Interesting.... I guess it wasn't in a sexy area for the euride business model...

you cannot be sirrus

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:36 pm

Blackwood has been closed for months, shortly after the name change, I suspect it was part of the business plan.

cage

Postby cage » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Euride now have a store at Campbelltown, right on the Lower North East Rd, Gorge Rd. intersection. Its been open for about a couple of months.
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:07 pm

missed it completely and I ride that way often enough. :D :D

set back from the road, is it?

cage

Postby cage » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:18 pm

If you look in the Australian Cycling Directiory at the top of the page, then scroll down, you'll see the heading ' Euride Campbelltown'. Open that and click the google street view pic, its where the Decorator Centre use to be.
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:49 pm

thank you, but y'know, I was just helping you get over that difficult '1st post and looking like a shill' hump. [cough]

boss

Postby boss » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:20 pm

hahahahahahah ding

shiv

Postby shiv » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:42 pm

So the latest rumour is euride/mega bike have split again. Anyone heard any goss on this? Claude gets city store and euride keep the other two locations apparently.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:07 pm

shiv wrote:So the latest rumour is euride/mega bike have split again. Anyone heard any goss on this? Claude gets city store and euride keep the other two locations apparently.
Hmmmm interesting!

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:25 am

confirmed
the email today:
Welcome Back to the Future

Dear [name deleted],
12 months ago Mega Bike merged with Euride. This was not successful for us or you.

We welcome you back to the future at Mega Bike, 197 Rundle Street, Adelaide. We will be returning to our roots to provide our clients with exceptional service and outstanding products.

The Mega Bike website is currently being updated and provides you with some information about our services and products. Mega Bike's Facebook page, Twitter feed and YouTube channel have been resurrected are all available to keep you up-to-date with everything that is happening at Mega Bike.

If you have a current lay by it will need to be finalised and collected at the retail store in which the lay by was commenced.

Thanks for your support, we look forward to welcoming you back to Mega Bike.

The Mega Bike Team

Mega Bike 8223 3315

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:34 am

Hmmmmm!

Datto1600

Postby Datto1600 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:04 pm

I was in there this afternoon. They said they will have megabike signage up tomorrow. I'm not sure how service standards would change if it's the same staff in the store.
Specialized Tarmac sl 2
Specialized Carve Expert

systermb

Postby systermb » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:17 am

So does anyone know why they split? Still looked like temporary signage outside the city store when I was there just before Christmas. Same mechanic as before.

I bought a felt tt bike and scicon bag from Claude just before the merger with Euride and had nothing but good encounters /advice from him.

boss

Postby boss » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 am

All I've heard is that the 'euride' arm of the partnership were less than professional in the way they do business and Claude got fed up with it.

But that is just word on the street...