Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

sunho

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby sunho » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am

dougal_s wrote:So, in short, consider if you are brave enough to order from a company that ignores 4 requests to cancel an order, and then only pays attention when the request is posted on Facebook, lies about what they said and did, and makes no apology of any sort of the hassles encountered. I know I am not brave enough to deal with a company like that.
I ordered from Bike24 - Friday 14th Dec
Email received to send photo to confirm CC details - Tuesday 18th Dec
Package sent and in transit (DHL) - Wednesday 19th Dec

So far all good.

I can see they are only doing this because there is probably a lot of credit card fraud going on.
i suppose there is no excuse not to reply to 4 emails or do something as simple as cancel an order..

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 am

Ordered a few bits and pieces from Cell last Friday week. Arrived Monday morning!

LM324

Postby LM324 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:07 pm

goneriding wrote:Ordered a few bits and pieces from Cell last Friday week. Arrived Monday morning!
I am very happy with cell as well. I came home today at about 1:30 and couldn't believe what I saw! I ordered some stuff of cell bikes late LAST NIGHT and it arrived TODAY!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:46 am

Cell have really stepped up on delivery. Are you in Sydney? I had the same with speedy delivery locally which is a delight.
Cycling is in my BNA

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Crittski wrote:Lol, just before xmas is an interesting time to run your experiment. For me they arrive after four working days when i choose that shipping combo.
I agree, it's not the best time considering the silly season, but this will be a good test to see how close to their advertised time frame they actually are during peak season.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

boss

Postby boss » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Bought some stuff from Pushy's... pannier rack, basket, couple of water bottles.

Ordered Tuesday night, shipped express Wednesday, arrived this arvo. Great, especially this time of the year.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Finally received my thermal jersey from Monton today! Only took 50 days, better late than never.

WMC1

Postby WMC1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:44 am

I ordered gear from Chain Reaction but i have only received 5 items out of 20 that was on my order. anyone else had this happen from c r c?

i will wait and see if they have split the delivery but i have not had this previously on my other 10 orders. i have contacted them and they sent me an email to wait another 10 working days to see what happens. Then send them some info to recover the missing items.

Next time i will pay for the tracking mail option i think.
Work is something I do in between cycling.

Bikes: 1 x Steel 26” Cruiser, 2 x Alloy Roadies, 1 x Full Carbon Roadie.
It is unfair if only one bike gets all the attention.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Both provide and wiggle have sent orders in separate bags/boxes and normally the large on shows up t he next day
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:56 pm

I ordered a Kali Chakra Plus Helmet and some small parts from Velogear last Friday. Got a text at work from the lad Tuesday afternoon to say it had arrived. Quick is good.

Now comes the bad bit, one of the items was for three of the same but only one had been picked, that time of year I spose. :(
I banged off an email to Anton straight away and got a reply first thing the next morning apologising and letting me know they'd have them in the mail that day.. Guess what arrived today :D

I've spent quite a few dollars at Velogear over a few years and can never fault their customer service. I'm surprised they didn't tell me to goang halfway through the cloud of email that preceded my Wanga purchase. Give 'em a go.

Oh yeah, the lid's brilliant but I might have to get a beanie come autumn...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

LM324

Postby LM324 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:08 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Cell have really stepped up on delivery. Are you in Sydney? I had the same with speedy delivery locally which is a delight.
Yep in Sydney metro

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Wiggle - Yepp Mini kiddy seat

Ordered 20/12 - Thursday
Arrived 23/12 - Sunday

They might be a tad pricy by a few bucks, but i think its more then made up by its delivery times!

*edit* should add i did choose priority for an extra $8.

Bobbybobson

Postby Bobbybobson » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 pm

I've never bothered with priority shipping with wiggle. The longest time between order and confirmation of packaging is about 12 hours, escluding out of stock items. My last order (monday last week I think) was packed about 3 hours after ordering. It is still to arrive: I was hopeful for today since the last few packages from wiggle only took 5 working days +weekend, but alas I must wait til after Christmas.
Made my first order from Evan Cycles on the same day it arrived only three days later. I was thoroughly impressed since it came from UK, and it was a large package (2 rigid tyres).

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Thought I'd give CyclingExpress another go, just a small order about $40 worth placed on the 16/12 and got despatched email on 19/12. Still waiting, and to give benefit of doubt, perhaps Xmas holiday rush at Aus Post is the delay but when I can order stuff from the U.K and get it 3 days later, yet a parcel that has to travel less than 1 hr by road takes longer, it makes it hard to believe it.

orbeas

Postby orbeas » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:53 pm

From WA, Has any one bought a product from 99bikes Fortitude Valley 10th Dec and hasnt arrived todate?
Orbea Euskaltel:Ultegra,Durace,RS80
Orbea Erandio Hybrid

boss

Postby boss » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:22 pm

orbeas wrote:From WA, Has any one bought a product from 99bikes Fortitude Valley 10th Dec and hasnt arrived todate?
Time for a phone call I think

orbeas

Postby orbeas » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Sent them an email, 99bikes blame fastway for sending the GPS to melbourne..
99 bikes sent a dead end traking number to track fastway courier...
yes a phone call will be soon
Orbea Euskaltel:Ultegra,Durace,RS80
Orbea Erandio Hybrid

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:12 am

rpmspinman wrote:Ordered a pair of Shimano SH R315 shoes, Ultegra pedals/cleats, F&R lights, saddle bag, GP4000s tires and tubes from wiggle yesterday arvo. Chose Priority Despatch and Express post for the first time as an exercise to how much of a difference the delivery times take. Will post back when package is received.
Received the gear 4 days after making the order. Very happy with that. Will be happy to pay for this feature next time.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

Sparx

Postby Sparx » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:25 am

Not a happy Wiggle customer.

They sent me the wrong item (which was defective anyway). I sent it back over a month ago and they say they have still not received the returned goods. Boo!

Very happy with Cell though, excellent prices and very quick delivery.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:35 am

WMC1 wrote:I ordered gear from Chain Reaction but i have only received 5 items out of 20 that was on my order. anyone else had this happen from c r c?

i will wait and see if they have split the delivery but i have not had this previously on my other 10 orders. i have contacted them and they sent me an email to wait another 10 working days to see what happens. Then send them some info to recover the missing items.

Next time i will pay for the tracking mail option i think.
Yes, but they do tell you this when they dispatch. It is because they ship from multiple locations, which I don't think they have done previously. The last time it happened I was given multiple tracking numbers (free shipping option). one came via parcel express and the other via Royal Mail.
Oddly, that order only had two items in it!
Check your Order History and you can see which items they put into each shipment.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

troyww

Postby troyww » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Last order I got from c r c was a couple of wheel sets and some smaller stuff . The small stuff was sent via DHL and arrived within the week and the wheelsets were sent royal mail or maybe EMS ( I can't remember) and arrived within 2 weeks . All the one order with free shipping . I was pleasantly surprised and impressed they used DHL for free shipping .

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:55 pm

I just did another c r c Order yesterday. It has shipped today with the free shipping option via DHL Express and is already in the air on-route to Sydney.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

mdeshon

Postby mdeshon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:00 pm

I've purchased from Wiggle several times in the last year, with no issue at all. Admittedly, I only buy things that they have in stock, so I never wait long for delivery or get split packages.

I've also purchased from Rudy Project here in Australia (helmet, glasses, lenses) multiple times, and they've been great. Packages usually arrive the next day to Brisbane.

If you're after hard-to-find or vintage parts, check out Harris Cyclery in the US (harriscyclery.net). They have a minimum spend of USD50 for international orders, but they have an awesome catalogue.

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:15 pm

danny the boy wrote:Thought I'd give CyclingExpress another go, just a small order about $40 worth placed on the 16/12 and got despatched email on 19/12. Still waiting, and to give benefit of doubt, perhaps Xmas holiday rush at Aus Post is the delay but when I can order stuff from the U.K and get it 3 days later, yet a parcel that has to travel less than 1 hr by road takes longer, it makes it hard to believe it.

Another week gone and still not here. Never again.

sdnelson19

Postby sdnelson19 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:23 pm

danny the boy wrote:
danny the boy wrote:Thought I'd give CyclingExpress another go, just a small order about $40 worth placed on the 16/12 and got despatched email on 19/12. Still waiting, and to give benefit of doubt, perhaps Xmas holiday rush at Aus Post is the delay but when I can order stuff from the U.K and get it 3 days later, yet a parcel that has to travel less than 1 hr by road takes longer, it makes it hard to believe it.

Another week gone and still not here. Never again.
I ordered on the 28th and then emailed yesterday to see why it hadn't shipped yet; explaining that I understood xmas demands etc. Coincidentally it shipped yesterday afternoon. It looks like i've got a good couple of weeks wait on my hands going by your experience. I've ordered from these guys plenty in the past and was impressed by delivery speeds initially; it's certainly not been anywhere near as good of late. Perhaps demand is rising but staffing at their shipping depot is not.