Workshop recommendations in Sydney

Fresh

Workshop recommendations in Sydney

Postby Fresh » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:35 pm

What are some recommendations for a good bike workshop in Sydney? I need a few things done I dont have the tools or knowledge to do. I Googled last night and Bike Brain in Pyrmont won best bike shop award in 2011...anyone been here and can recommend it?

goneriding

Re: Workshop recommendations in Sydney

Postby goneriding » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Felice at Cycling Projects in Ashbury. Only works on higher end bikes. I just got my Time back from a service and it's never run as well. He's comfortable working with carbon bikes as well as others I've been to get a bit nervous.

He is very good with Campag.

joewrcompositi

Postby joewrcompositi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:28 pm

goneriding wrote:Felice at Cycling Projects in Ashbury. Only works on higher end bikes. I just got my Time back from a service and it's never run as well. He's comfortable working with carbon bikes as well as others I've been to get a bit nervous.

He is very good with Campag.
+1

Sparx

Postby Sparx » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:12 am

I use Ride in Workshop in Balgowlah.

Jordan is a great guy and his prices are reasonable.

dtrain

Postby dtrain » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:42 pm

If you are looking for one in the city, I have found that the guys at Atelier De Velo on Clarence St. are excellent.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Was about to come back to this thread as my gear is almost ready to go. I have a De Rosa Merak frame waiting for a Campy Record group...does Felice at Cyling Projects offer a warranty or "drop in" service on his work?

What sort of cost am I looking at?

ab1981

Postby ab1981 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Panther Cycles in Henry Street, Penrith - Friendly people, bike always feels good when they come back after a service and pretty reasonable pricing.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Dropped my De Rosa Merak frame and a bag of bits into Cycling Projects yesterday arvo and picked it up today fully assembled. Cannot praise Felice and Bernard enough. Their honesty, attention to detail and customer service is probably the best I've ever encountered in any shop. Will be taking my bikes their religiously from now on.

Thanks for the recommendations :D

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Depends on what kind of bike. For roadies, VeloFix in Rozelle is a good one.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Sydguy

Postby Sydguy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Giant Sydney at 230 Clarence Street in CBD have done my disc hybrid and road bike. Even when not purchased from their shop/brand they are fantastic.

I'll be taking my bike there shortly, when they do a full service they strip the bike and put it through some kind of bike washing machine - you get it back clean as a whistle and fully set up!

Forgive the syrupy praise but I took my bike somewhere more local recently and they managed to make the bike worse, it was close and only a minor adjustment to be done but now she clicks and creaks like a 10 year old bike, shame its only a couple of months old.

JM

george-bob

Postby george-bob » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:12 am

quick question about cycling projects (just tried to call them but no one was there unfortunately) roughly what do they charge for a service? i am after brakes, gears serviced and headset and BB checked. also are they open on saturdays?

slowK

Postby slowK » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:54 am

sogood wrote:Depends on what kind of bike. For roadies, VeloFix in Rozelle is a good one.
+1 for Velofix. Have been great for both my road and MTB (sorted out an annoying creak that another store couldn't).

DaveQB

Postby DaveQB » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:25 pm

I hope it is ok to bring back an old thread.
Any updates on these suggestions?

How's Clarence St Cyclery? They seem to be good from the small encounters I have had with their service staff.
I was also impressed by the staff at Atelier De Velo. Maybe I am easily impressed :oops:
Ht: 182cm | Wt: 84kg | Bikes: Felt AR1 2016, Felt B2 2013
Sucessful Trades --> files.dward.us/Cycling/BNA-Trades.txt

DaveQB

Postby DaveQB » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:33 pm

Also, is it disloyal of me to go to a different shop than my regular local bike shop (with whom I have become friendly) for a full service as a type of second opinion? I have had a 10 year old second hand carbon bike for 18 months now and thought it would be wise to have another set of eyes go over it.
Ht: 182cm | Wt: 84kg | Bikes: Felt AR1 2016, Felt B2 2013
Sucessful Trades --> files.dward.us/Cycling/BNA-Trades.txt